• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Only in China] Fake animals on display in Henan zoo

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<header style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">China zoo's barking 'African lion' draws scorn

</header><section class="storyimage" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
_h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

Landov: Barcroft Media

A Tibetan Mastiff is housed in an African lion enclosure at the People's Park Zoo in Luohe, China, on Aug.12.

</section>
A China zoo's 'African lion' was exposed as a Tibetan mastiff when it started barking in front of visitors, sparking anger.

A zoo in China has sparked anger and derision for trying to pass off a large, furry dog as an African lion.

The so-called lion was exposed as a fraud when the Tibetan mastiff — a popular dog breed in China — started barking,
AFP reported.

The state-run Beijing Youth Daily reported that the zoo in the People's Park of Luohe — located in the central province of Henan – replaced exotic animals with common species.

According to Orient Today
, the deception came to light when a woman brought her son to the zoo to show him the different sounds made by animals, but the boy pointed out that the African lion had started barking.

"I feel the zoo tricked me with putting a dog in a lion exhibit,”
the woman said.

A zoo administrator told Chinese media that the zoo had a lion, but it had been temporarily moved to a separate breeding facility.

People's Daily reported
that the zoo was trying to pass off substitutes for other animals as well. For example, the wolf pavilion featured another dog, while the snake cage had two large rats and no reptile to eat them.

Pictures of the "lion-dog" made its way to the
microblogging site Sina Weibo, with some commenters mocking the zoo's actions.

_h0_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse.png
Sena Weibo: screen grab

Chinese media reports that a foxlike creature is housed in a leopard enclosure.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this the world's worst zoo? Visitors' fury after staff in China try to pass off Tibetan mastiff as a lion and a mongrel as a leopard
  • People's Park in Luohe, Henan province, has apologised and offered refund
  • Chinese media accuse zoo of replacing exotic animals with common species
By BECKY EVANS
PUBLISHED: 12:41 GMT, 15 August 2013 | UPDATED: 20:02 GMT, 15 August 2013

A China zoo has been forced to apologise after it tried to pass off a dog as a lion. Angry visitors to the People's Park in Luohe, Henan province, complained when the 'African lion' started barking.

Zoo staff said they had pretended the Tibetan mastiff was a lion because they could not afford the real thing, local media reported.

article-2394369-1B4EB6AF000005DC-524_634x463.jpg

This Tibetan mastiff was kept in the African lion's cage of the People's Park in Luohe, Henan Province

article-2394369-1B4EB6A7000005DC-427_306x423.jpg

article-2394369-14B49A9F000005DC-803_306x423.jpg

Visitors said they felt defrauded by paying to see an African lion (right) and being shown a dog (left)

The state-run Beijing Youth Daily claims the zoo commonly replaced exotic animals with common species.
Elsewhere in the zoo, visitors found a mongrel dog in the Timber wolf's cage and another pooch posing as a leopard in the big cat enclosure.

Then in the reptile house, keepers had placed two giant sea cucumbers which they were trying to pass off as snakes.

One customer called Liu said: ''They're cheats. I paid good money to see the lion and all I got to see was a dog.

'The zoo is absolutely cheating us. I took my son there so he could hear the different sounds animals made but when we reached the cage where the African lion was supposed to be, the big animal in there started barking.
'I paid good money for the tickets and I feel defrauded.'
VIDEO: 'Chinese zoo pretends Tibetan Mastiff is their Lion'

<center>
video-undefined-1B50018F000005DC-605_290x163.jpg
</center>
article-2394369-1B4EB6B8000005DC-82_306x423.jpg

article-2394369-1178D435000005DC-548_306x423.jpg

This white dog (left) was being passed off as a Timber wolf (right), according to Chinese media

article-2394369-1B4EB6A1000005DC-39_634x392.jpg

This mongrel dog was in the leopard's enclosure of the zoo, that has since apologised to visitors

Another mother Liu Wen was also furious. She said: 'I had my young son with me so I tried to play along and told him it was a special kind of lion.

'But then the dog barked and he knew straight away what it was and that I'd lied to him.

'How can they tell such dreadful tales and expect to get away with it?'

A visitor, who did not want to be named, said: 'I don't know how they've got the nerve to try it. They must think we are all stupid.'

One user of China's Twitter-like Sina Welbo service commented: 'They should at least use a husky to pretend to be a wolf.'

Mr Liu Suya, chief of the park's animal department, insisted the zoo did have a lion but it had been taken to a breeding facility.

As for the dog that was in its cage, Mr Liu said it belonged to a employee and had been put there 'for safety reasons.'

A spokesman for the zoo said: 'We're doing our best in tough economic times.

'If anyone is unhappy with our displays we will give back their money.'

article-2394369-1B4ECF25000005DC-830_306x423.jpg

The zoo is accused of replacing exotic animals with common species (pictured: a pair of animals, believed to be pigs)

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes China is the best.... I get to pose with a giant panda at Shenzen zoo....the keeper ask for RMB 50 as he has to buy some apples to feed
this giant cutie whilst we were in the cage together taking the photographs.

err... was it a real panda or a pomeranian?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi TS, It is not fake animals lar... All the animals are real... Just that they do not what animals they have...:biggrin:

So they all name it wrongly!!!:smile: