• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Evans gave the crucial points away in that game.

Have to give credit to Everton.
How many times you see a team coming to OT to score 4 goals and came from behind to steal the points under the nose of the Red Devils?

[video=youtube;f75zhUga9jY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f75zhUga9jY[/video]

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the top players are spoilt brats these days, perhaps with the exception of Kaka and Messi.

They need that top playmaker, but going after the top players at top clubs isn't going to result in anything.
They are more likely to get Xabi Alonso than either Modric or Ozil. Ancelotti is a very conservative but shrewd manager, he will want to keep both of these, even with Isco and Illaramendi now on board.

REAL has a busload of top midfielders and if Bale is thrown in, someone will have to make way. Even without Bale,some of these players will only see a handful of games.There's opportunity to poach one of the players but I agree Ancellotti will keep Ozil and Modric for now until he's absolutely sure he can do without them. BTW, REAL fans considered Modric the worse signing last season.

Xabi is in his sunset years but his passing ability and defending is what sets him apart from his peers. We already have Carrick for that role and my guess is Jones is slated to play a similar role in his absence, a utility player more O'Shea like. Besides selling Xabi is small change to fund the acquisition of monsieur Gareth Bale. Better for REAL to keep him-low maintenance.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have Nani, Anderson, Kagawa, Cleverley and Giggs in the middle, Valencia on the right with Zaha as cover. On the left we have Young and Nani as cover. If Nani leave, Adnan Januzaj will step in as cover. He's only 18, skinny frame much like Fletcher but with good technique.

Carrick is almost certain to start as a defensive midfield role which leaves Anderson,Kagawa, Cleverley and Giggs. With Giggs likely to play only a handful of games,the other 3 were disappointing last season. Anderson and Cleverley has fitness issues and Kagawa is adapting and still finding his way. None of these players can shoot which leaves Rooney as the obvious choice. The other possibility is to play RVP in that role but methink is far more effective upfront. United need to step up and get a top player to pull the strings in the middle.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's hope Moyes is able to rejuvenate players like Anderson, Nani, Young and Valencia. Especially, Anderson.
If he can do so, it's as good as having a few new signings.
Rooney had his "worst" season playing out of position in 2012-13, but take a look at his statistics. In 37 games he had played in all competitions during 2012-23, he scored 22 goals and 14 assists. Of which 7 times, he came off as a sub.
Gareth Bale in the same season played 53 games in all competitions. Scored 30 goals and 11 assists. He started all 53 games.
You do the Math. If Rooney is fucktard, Bale would have been obscenely over valued by Spurs and Madrid.

Gareth BALE is over rated and certainly over valued. As Xavi said if Bale is valued at 100 million pounds, how much is Messi worth.

You can't look at the headline stats like that as it can be misleading. Bale and Rooney has scored important goals for their respective clubs last season. IMHO, what is more important is the spread and just how many were match winners. I remember Berba scoring close to 20 goals one season but I think 4-5 of them came from one single match-an outlier that skewed the data.

Rooney is not that bad but his attitude stinks and that irks a lot of players and fans. As Fergie aptly put it-'if a player wants out, I will gladly show him the door'.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Carrick is almost certain to start as a defensive midfield role which leaves Anderson,Kagawa, Cleverley and Giggs. With Giggs likely to play only a handful of games,the other 3 were disappointing last season. ...Kagawa is adapting and still finding his way. None of these players can shoot which leaves Rooney as the obvious choice. United need to step up and get a top player to pull the strings in the middle.
Yo, we need a good midfield maestro or playmaker like Cantona (my all time favourite despite losing his with king fu thing :p).

Think Kagawa shd be blooded more. Nani is not known to be the balloon king for nothing, and way past flavour of the month (some old talk of him being shipped out but no takers?). Not sure what you guys think, but Carrick is useless -doesn't make his stamp, lousy and safe passes. Can't take knocks, softie.

PS: Good insight on RM's nice problem. And yes, cold feet on Bale thingy?

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have Nani, Anderson, Kagawa, Cleverley and Giggs in the middle, Valencia on the right with Zaha as cover. On the left we have Young and Nani as cover. If Nani leave, Adnan Januzaj will step in as cover. He's only 18, skinny frame much like Fletcher but with good technique.

Carrick is almost certain to start as a defensive midfield role which leaves Anderson,Kagawa, Cleverley and Giggs. With Giggs likely to play only a handful of games,the other 3 were disappointing last season. Anderson and Cleverley has fitness issues and Kagawa is adapting and still finding his way. None of these players can shoot which leaves Rooney as the obvious choice. The other possibility is to play RVP in that role but methink is far more effective upfront. United need to step up and get a top player to pull the strings in the middle.

Adnan needs to build a stronger frame, BPL is too physical. More gym sessions for him. A man to watch out for in near future.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
having to play giggs is sign that midfield nid refreshing. rooney nid proper counselling...if fergie is still around I believe he will b able to make hin see the light..moyes I not sure...despite the 4-1 win I am still unconvinced ...the obj is not only defend the bpl crown but build a team that can dominate europe...we nid a roy keane equivalent n a playmaker...fellani is to me a good buy he is tall can score n play rough...

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will be interesting to see how Roon fares at home vs Chelskis next tues early hours at 0300

Mon 26 Aug 2013 - Premier League
Man Utd v Chelsea 20:00

jw5

Loyal
Latest reports are that Modric is interested in going to Man Utd. :rolleyes:

I am sure the newspapers will claim Messi is also interested, just because he walked past the reporters without answering their questions. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am sure the newspapers will claim Messi is also interested, just because he walked past the reporters without answering their questions. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fuck that Modric! :oIo:

Blade

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi there,

1. You
2. got
3. to
4. be
5. kidding
6. Also wasted more time on Fabregas when the player has told friends that he won't join United.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The few times Man U started the season brightly, they ended up empty handed. I m worry now. :(

I think u r right ...we will be licking that cummunity shield come may 2014 n moyes will claim we have a successful season. After we miss out cl cos we finish behind man c, Chelsea n Tottenham.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo, we need a good midfield maestro or playmaker like Cantona (my all time favourite despite losing his with king fu thing :p).

Think Kagawa shd be blooded more. Nani is not known to be the balloon king for nothing, and way past flavour of the month (some old talk of him being shipped out but no takers?). Not sure what you guys think, but Carrick is useless -doesn't make his stamp, lousy and safe passes. Can't take knocks, softie.

Cantona was great player for United and I dun think we'll ever see another player like him.:biggrin:

If it hadn't been for RVP's sterling performance for United, Carrick would have been IMHO the best United player last season. He suits the defensive role and it took him a while to adjust without Scholes. Yup, he's a bit of a softie but he has played more first team matches than any of the other midfielders. Let's see if he can reproduce his form this season.

Well. it took another old head to show the other midfielders how to break a wall of defenders. Giggs lob was simply superb which led to the opening goal for United. Sigh...........

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

United's only and probably the slimmest chance is to poach clubs with surplus requirements. The problem is most new managers will not make changes until they take stock of the players they have and how each player will fit into manager's approach to the game.

As expected, Moyes is going back to his familiar watering hole to get the players that he needs. Wat can Fellaini do which the others cannot? Creative? Surely not. Better buy Baines and use Evra as cover for left midfield.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exciting days ahead for Man U. Interest rates are moving up which means the Glazers will need to pay more for their loans. My estimate is they've only got 40-45 million to spend this summer.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think u r right ...we will be licking that cummunity shield come may 2014 n moyes will claim we have a successful season. After we miss out cl cos we finish behind man c, Chelsea n Tottenham.

I m worried, but still optimistic on this new season. Nani wake up! Anderson wake up! Young wake up! Come to us, Felliani! :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited: