• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

21st Century Astronomy

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It could have been suffering from insomnia and doesn't need waking up.

I am keeping fingers crossed that she will wake up and do her thing and go on with final coupling and union with Churyumov-Gerasimenkoand.
This is truly international with an Egyptian lady brought by a host of European countries to finally mate with a couple of Russians and be heard and viewed by voyeurs all over the Earth.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is more useful to know how everything will end.

As far as planet earth is concerned, it will end by being consumed by the sun which will expand beyond the earth's orbit as it runs out of fuel.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as planet earth is concerned, it will end by being consumed by the sun which will expand beyond the earth's orbit as it runs out of fuel.

and it will turn into a supernova and eventually collapse into a black hole, where every member of sbf will be sucked into it, bringing oneness and unity to the forum.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
and it will turn into a supernova and eventually collapse into a black hole, where every member of sbf will be sucked into it, bringing oneness and unity to the forum.

Yeah all the atoms of each member will end up in extremely close contact with each other. Tonychat and will be compressed against his detractors and JW5 and Scroobal will be sharing electrons.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To all above, Sinkie, Leongsam ,eatshindie and more, you will find the answers below even if not like what you expected.
Maybe even the answers to questions you do not even know as yet and not thought of asking.

Exit strategies, the latest issue of Arc, is now available to buy.

From the creators of New Scientist, Arc uses stories, features, essays and provocations to map the future, drawing writers from across the world's of science fiction and futurology.

We’re running out of planet and we’re running out of patience. The party’s over and we’re looking for the door.

But the exits are unmarked. The engines of the world are hidden from us. Ninety-six per cent of the universe is missing and the rest is stirred into motion by machinery that hides in plain sight.

We’ve got to get out of this place - but how?

Embracing everything from politics to polymorphism, physics and fantasy, Exit strategies is your indispensable, (sometimes unreliable) guide to the escape tunnel.

With a foreword by CERN physicist Michael Doser, and featuring stories by Jeff Noon, Kathleen Ann Goonan, and the best-selling fantasy writer Tad Williams, Exit strategies looks for a back door to the universe. How much of the cosmos is real, how much an astronomer’s dream? And if we could escape from reality, what kind of utopia would we build for ourselves?

Elsewhere in the issue, M. John Harrison meets a rising star of TV science, Hannu Rajaniemi considers what will happen when our books start reading us, and Claire Dean meets the artists bent on making J G Ballard’s Crystal World a reality.

Over 150 pages Exit strategies looks for a back door to the universe. How much of the cosmos is real, how much an astronomer's dream? And if we could escape reality, what kind of utopia would we build for ourselves?

And in a special tribute, Adam Roberts considers the life, work and sheer sanity of the late, great Iain Banks

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah all the atoms of each member will end up in extremely close contact with each other. Tonychat and will be compressed against his detractors and JW5 and Scroobal will be sharing electrons.

looking forward to having a neutron star close-up with the sun goddess. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dear escher,

thanks for the concern and the new info. every night i go to sleep, i can sense mini black holes zipping by our heavenly bodies, warping the otherwise pristine gravitionally-induced erections of an sbf-charged sun-worshipping system. :p

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By then, the human race would have evolved into an inter-galactic species, thus re-locating in the next life-sustaining planetary system.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I sense a moral to this story, but what?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dear escher,

thanks for the concern and the new info. every night i go to sleep, i can sense mini black holes zipping by our heavenly bodies, warping the otherwise pristine gravitionally-induced erections of an sbf-charged sun-worshipping system. :p

I am happy to share my fascination and love with celestial objects with you , sinkie and one and all .

It is a known fact we all are in the Universe on the back of the Great A'Tuin, the gigantic Star Turtle.
The problem is that the sex of Great A'tuin is not known.

It will not be a problem if Great A'tuin is a male and we and the universe will live on and on.

All should pray Great A'tuin is not a female as then, universe and us all will end.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am happy to share my fascination and love with celestial objects with you , sinkie and one and all .

It is a known fact we all are in the Universe on the back of the Great A'Tuin, the gigantic Star Turtle.
The problem is that the sex of Great A'tuin is not known.

It will not be a problem if Great A'tuin is a male and we and the universe will live on and on.

All should pray Great A'tuin is not a female as then, universe and us all will end.
In case you are wondering if I gone off my head, here is the Great A'tuin
Pray that A'tuin is not female or we all get flattened when a male come along

The_Great_A__Tuin_by_alvaramorrigan.jpg

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The non fiction is good. The fiction is crap. I just read it from cover to cover.

I like them all.

It is a mark of elevated mental state to enjoy fiction, even if that might not be as bizarre as real life.
I thought you enjoyed fiction too from the hosannas you been throwing at the rot smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY and his underlings in Straits Times been throwing out.
Or perhaps you mistaken real life with D grade fiction.