• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parkway Parade Mee Rebus and Mee Siam

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

There used to be a very good mee rebus and mee siam stall in the basement food court of Parkway Parade before Food Republic took over. The stall was there for many years and was run by a Chinese guy called Jolly if I recall correctly. They also had very good chicken curry and laksa.

Does anyone know where the stall has moved to?

Thank you.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good meh ?..i am a Marine Parader for donkey years; and have aLways find their serVings too huge for comfort, and the price was too Ex to the aVerage Joe.:cool:

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food is always a matter of personal taste.
I was asking if anyone knows where the stall has moved to. Not inviting you to debate whether you personally liked the food.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not answering your original qn, but just to make a related comment.

Near parkway, beside the NTUC Fairprice and Popular Bookstore, and across the street from Faith Community Baptist Church, there's a kopitiam where Botak Jones used to be. The kopitiam ownership changed hands, and all the new stalls there, especially the zhi char stall, is pretty good, and opens till 11pm at night. The other stalls are mostly open only in the afternoons (though there's a new Indian Muslim stall opening, which might close later in the night). The dessert stall has good Ice Jelly Aloe Vera with fresh lime. The chicken rice stall's set meal is well worth it.

In case you're not sure where this kopitiam is, look for the giant octopus statue just outside the kopitiam.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Near parkway, beside the NTUC Fairprice and Popular Bookstore, and across the street from Faith Community Baptist Church, there's a kopitiam where Botak Jones used to be. The kopitiam ownership changed hands, and all the new stalls there, especially the zhi char stall, is pretty good, and opens till 11pm at night. The other stalls are mostly open only in the afternoons (though there's a new Indian Muslim stall opening, which might close later in the night). The dessert stall has good Ice Jelly Aloe Vera with fresh lime. The chicken rice stall's set meal is well worth it.

In case you're not sure where this kopitiam is, look for the giant octopus statue just outside the kopitiam.
K got it. Thanks for tip off. Will go give it a try.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro, couLd we have met but did not know who's who?..:wink:
I am a great fan of this new Zhi char sTaLL.Their hor-fun, wee-fun, sang-mee is a great steaL @$3.50 per serVing!
Not forgetting the nice stuffs they serVe at the Cheng-Tng staLL too..:smile:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Food is always a matter of personal taste.
I was asking if anyone knows where the stall has moved to. Not inviting you to debate whether you personally liked the food.

I too like their mee rebus, though the potion is too large.
I heard that the owner has retired.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easy to cook mee rebus and mee siam. The ones sold nowadays are watered down version and pricey. The ingredients used are cheap stuff. Cooked a pot of each and dont have to eat it for a year.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, couLd we have met but did not know who's who?..:wink:
I am a great fan of this new Zhi char sTaLL.Their hor-fun, wee-fun, sang-mee is a great steaL @$3.50 per serVing!
Not forgetting the nice stuffs they serVe at the Cheng-Tng staLL too..:smile:

Almost definitely so. :wink:

Sam's forum here, is one of the most visited (and lurked) forum in Singapore. Doubtless many bros here have walked past each other or sat on a nearby table without knowing it. Especially in Geylang, for sure. :biggrin:

The new ownership together with the new stalls have certainly done a good job. Together with a very convenient location, these stalls are certainly a godsend. Though the stalls (even the zhi char stall) don't open till past midnight (unlike say, the eateries along Katong and East Coast Road), but the convenient location more than makes up for it.

Happy Makaning there, Fishypie, Enterprise2, Chilakak and all other bros here! :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi everyone,

There used to be a very good mee rebus and mee siam stall in the basement food court of Parkway Parade before Food Republic took over. The stall was there for many years and was run by a Chinese guy called Jolly if I recall correctly. They also had very good chicken curry and laksa.

Does anyone know where the stall has moved to?

Thank you.

Really no idea so cannot help but I did patronize the basement meerubus and meesiam stall when I was working in the building for 6 months in 1989. I thought it was really nice.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi everyone,

There used to be a very good mee rebus and mee siam stall in the basement food court of Parkway Parade before Food Republic took over. The stall was there for many years and was run by a Chinese guy called Jolly if I recall correctly.

I don't makan mee rebus but enjoy mee siam. There is a decent stall at Whampoa market (morning), close to the prawn noodle stall. Not the hawker centre where the famous rojak stall is located.

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is the same row as the polyclinic. There use to have a container from salvation army for people
to give things the dont want.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Never liked their Mee Rebus but find their grass jelly okay.

If you guys like Nasi Lemak, walk over to the market. There is a corner stall managed by a Malay guy and his kids. Their Nasi Lemak has the old school home cook taste.

For Mee Rebus, I think Adam road one is rather good.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good meh ?..i am a Marine Parader for donkey years; and have aLways find their serVings too huge for comfort, and the price was too Ex to the aVerage Joe.:cool:

Ya, agree. Not sure why they gave too huge servings. Their laksa is also so-so only. They would have been more successful if they served the katong-style laksa.