• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parkway Parade Mee Rebus and Mee Siam

combro1

Hi everyone,

There used to be a very good mee rebus and mee siam stall in the basement food court of Parkway Parade before Food Republic took over. The stall was there for many years and was run by a Chinese guy called Jolly if I recall correctly. They also had very good chicken curry and laksa.

Does anyone know where the stall has moved to?

Thank you.

Hi Chilakak,
i saw now they change name to 123 Mee rebus. the son run the stall now. located in Katong Shopping center food court basement. Check in 123 mee rebus facebook. they open there. Enjoy your mee siam.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Chilakak. I found the uncle of Goody Jolly in Katong shopping center Basement food court. they change the name 123. i saw in facebook for their opening. Now the son run the stall. enjoy your mie Siam.

I thot jolly was selling laksa....not katong laksa but unique one that has quail eggs

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is the wet version Char Kway Teow still around at the hawker centre?

Apollo CKT stall is still there.

I also like the retro feel of the Marine Parade hawker centre: old style signboards, round tables. Nothing like the crap found in 'upgraded' hawker centres. :rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apollo CKT stall is still there.

I also like the retro feel of the Marine Parade hawker centre: old style signboards, round tables. Nothing like the crap found in 'upgraded' hawker centres. :rolleyes:

Apollo now dropped in standards.
Must be high overheads.....a basic plate now comes with hardly any ingredients at all.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jolly's chicken curry with half a toasted french loaf was also good.
So was his chin chow.
Friendly fella, running his business with son and daughter at that time.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for the information.

The kwayteow per se is still tasty but wtf it omes sans ingredients.....not even one single lard spotted.
Machiam kwayteow kosong.....perhaps is a form of protest.
f overheads high just raise price......if worth it cusromers dun mind paying

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Good meh ?..i am a Marine Parader for donkey years; and have aLways find their serVings too huge for comfort, and the price was too Ex to the aVerage Joe.:cool:

Some idiots think that mee siam and mee rebus cooked by a chinese is damn good. probably the same type of idiot who thinks mee siam got hum. I am a strict believer that good french food should be cooked by a french, same for good italian food should be cooked by an italian. The day when good chinese food is cooked by a malay is the day I will admit good mee siam and good mee rebus food can be cooked by a chinese. no wonder the quality of food getting worse and worse, some idiots really got no standard.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U obviously never watch Iron Chef Japan...

[h=1]Salmon Battle - Sakai vs Bruant 『Iron Chef Japan English』[/h]
[video=youtube;1pZ38lrv7-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pZ38lrv7-4&index=52&list=PLTj_bEC-wRuzecwfrPEFtjiqqdC74rO0r[/video]

Some idiots think that mee siam and mee rebus cooked by a chinese is damn good. probably the same type of idiot who thinks mee siam got hum. I am a strict believer that good french food should be cooked by a french, same for good italian food should be cooked by an italian. The day when good chinese food is cooked by a malay is the day I will admit good mee siam and good mee rebus food can be cooked by a chinese. no wonder the quality of food getting worse and worse, some idiots really got no standard.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I prefer the Malay version for Mee Rebus but Chineses version for Mee Siam. Esp Haig Road Mee Rebus.

To each his own taste and preference.