• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Morning...Yesteryear.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
when i was a little boy,my dad use to bring me and my brothers along in his bicycle to this market in joo chiat/geyland serai.
near this market there is a open air cinema name li li..

this is where i watched most of the shaw brothers movies in the 70s.
i remember watching this classic movie a few times.
[video=youtube;JQio-Kov8wk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQio-Kov8wk[/video]

katong market which is now 112 katong.

wayang opera show in the village in the 70s

you played a part if you are born on that year.

sarong party gals of yesteryear use to hang around in bugis street looking for ang moh sailors.

a familar sight in most chinese village in spore.

Thong Bee road in nee soon.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;9PiPqN0NmwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PiPqN0NmwY[/video]

Music from Naomi and the Boys to accompany the old photos above !!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh yes, Katong Shoping Centre; up to today you can stiLL find me hanging out here..:smile:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ecclesiastes, your photobucket library supposed to be public? Nice collection of old Singapore pictures in there.

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My God! :eek::eek::eek:
Big Thank You to PAP, we have come a long way from this ulu ulu and unhygienic setting

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello yesteryears....

:smile:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kybh3ntL33o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
the late gks paying the vigilante corps a visit in a field training in the late 60s.

in the afternoon i can't wait for the ice cream man to come,i can hear his bell ringing from afar.

this is where i was born kkh.

a chinese school in a village in ubi.

parents bringing food for their children during recess time.

free reading for me at these mamak bookshop.

i remember during spider fighting season,i take this bus84 to end of punggol point to catch fighting spiders.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice pics and memories. I used to hang out at Tenpin bowling centre in Katong Shopping Complex even though I don't bowl. The Orchard, Tivoli was there, once in a while, even though underage, would go there for some beers. Can't remember whether there was a minimum drinking age, but that never crossed my mind.

Cheers!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Old Singapore fifty years ago

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JmzQKoC35wE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore 1990s

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vdimS-sm0qs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why no Tay Ban Guan?

You remember Tay Ban Guan...!! I think it was the first shopping centre in Katong, was just demolished recent years... Orchard Shopping Centre is where Paragon is, the land & building owned by The Straits Times..now SPH, there was a record shop there run by COSDELL SINGapore, used to buy my records there, other than Kwang Sia..

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
You remember Tay Ban Guan...!! I think it was the first shopping centre in Katong, was just demolished recent years... Orchard Shopping Centre is where Paragon is, the land & building owned by The Straits Times..now SPH, there was a record shop there run by COSDELL SINGapore, used to buy my records there, other than Kwang Sia..

I used to buy my Airfix, Revell model kits and Scaletrix cars from New Photo.

Last edited: