• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong. Sultan help to develop JB so much and selling the prime land to the chinese developers is a great move. He has help to accelerate the development of JB and turning it into a robust city soon.

Have to agree your optimisticism. He did indeed sold a lot of land to ching chong. Who's pocket the money again?

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Important thing is development of JB city and Johoreans are proud of it.

I am a johorean n I don't see anything I should be proud of. if building a lot of high rise condo is your version of development, I suggest you re look at your economics 101 textbook. Again, tell you many many times stop making sweeping statements. No one needs you to represent Johoreans. Again, as your brain is slower than ours, we repeat. Stop making sweeping statements on our behalf.

Again we keep telling you, think thrice before posting. Cos everyone here is taking turns to checkmate your dumb statements. Can you feel our love??n turn around n tell ur rnf developer don't deceive the public by saying rts station is near ur condo. Nothing is firmed up yet. Tell ur China developer stop printing misleading advertisement. Stud.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a johorean n I don't see anything I should be proud of. if building a lot of high rise condo is your version of development, I suggest you re look at your economics 101 textbook. Again, tell you many many times stop making sweeping statements. No one needs you to represent Johoreans. Again, as your brain is slower than ours, we repeat. Stop making sweeping statements on our behalf.

Again we keep telling you, think thrice before posting. Cos everyone here is taking turns to checkmate your dumb statements. Can you feel our love??n turn around n tell ur rnf developer don't deceive the public by saying rts station is near ur condo. Nothing is firmed up yet. Tell ur China developer stop printing misleading advertisement. Stud.

When you start cursing and scolding people during Chinese New Year, bad luck will fall on you and your family. Be careful.....karma.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When you start cursing and scolding people during Chinese New Year, bad luck will fall on you and your family. Be careful.....karma.

Hahaha. I don't believe in karma so it's ok. On the other hand it seems u believe so it must have been a torturing 15 days here in this forum. I give you advice. Come back on the 16th day n u can start ur nonsense again. What the point of karma when ur heart is full of ill intentions to slag other developer properties. Is that all karma is? Behave during CNY only but can act like hooligan on the other days? U keep ur karma then. I am no interested.

borei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some historical lesson:
Malaysia was formed by 3 countries ie Malaya, Sarawak and Sabah.
Malaya consisted of 11 States of Malaya.

Not many people know Sabah and Sarawak was a country by itself before, thump up for you.

In fact, until today, not many Malaysian, particularly West Malaysian know about East Malaysia, yes, East Malaysia not East Coast.

Sorry, a bit of topic.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha. I don't believe in karma so it's ok. On the other hand it seems u believe so it must have been a torturing 15 days here in this forum. I give you advice. Come back on the 16th day n u can start ur nonsense again. What the point of karma when ur heart is full of ill intentions to slag other developer properties. Is that all karma is? Behave during CNY only but can act like hooligan on the other days? U keep ur karma then. I am no interested.

No one have ill intention except yourself. Being rude or acting like hooligan will not improve your reputation in this forum. Like a spoilt brat, all these bad behaviours will come back and haunt you one day.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No one have ill intention except yourself. Being rude or acting like hooligan will not improve your reputation in this forum. Like a spoilt brat, all these bad behaviours will come back and haunt you one day.

Already told u reputation points is like Monopoly money. Brag all you want. It's still monopoly money. Everyone here knows you are the one who needs to behave judging by the recent posts. So pls behave. We are all watching you. Already told u I don't believe in karma. U can keep it. If u believe so much in it, pls make sure u don't slag other property for a start. Or else is another slap in ur own face again.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already told u reputation points is like Monopoly money. Brag all you want. It's still monopoly money. Everyone here knows you are the one who needs to behave judging by the recent posts. So pls behave. We are all watching you. Already told u I don't believe in karma. U can keep it. If u believe so much in it, pls make sure u don't slag other property for a start. Or else is another slap in ur own face again.

Your true colour finally emerged! This is the vohkster i knew....rude, impolite and arrogant. You have been hiding behind your clones for too long. Anyway, i am sad because i thought at one time you have change but your ego have overcame your acting again. You have been warned by several forumers and moderator to stop being rude. However, a leopard can't change its spots.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your true colour finally emerged! This is the vohkster i knew....rude, impolite and arrogant. You have been hiding behind your clones for too long. Anyway, i am sad because i thought at one time you have change but your ego have overcame your acting again. You have been warned by several forumers and moderator to stop being rude. However, a leopard can't change its spots.

Lol. I don't know if u are on drugs or not. But judging by all the recent posts. Seems u are the one who needs to behave. Already told u many times think thrice before posting. Don't Keep putting ur foot in ur mouth. Wait I list down the recent posts that keep telling u to pipe down. U will be so embarrassed. Anyway I don't care. U still haven't answer my questions. Stick to ur day job of dispensing cr*p fengshui advice. If u start slagging other developers. We are all here to whack ur lies. Think thrice before posting. I realize now it's after 15th day of cny n u are very active. Haha. As expected cod I already predicted ur karma is restricted to 15 days of cny only.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone is talking about this RTS and many are hoping that this project can be materialized.
Building the rail system, despite the high cost, is only a one time cost for the governments.
It is the operation and maintenance cost that will eventually make or break the running of the system while this budget is obtained mainly from the fare collection.
So, for a RTS return trip from Woodlands to JB Central and back, how much would one be willing to pay?
$10, $15, $20?
And eventually, will the ridership mass be sufficient to support the system?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local*World*Business*Sports

Congestion study findings at Causeway will determine further action for RTS implementation

Posted on 31 March 2015 - 06:57pm
Last updated on 31 March 2015 - 07:28pm

JOHOR BARU: Malaysia is currently undertaking a study on congestion at the Causeway with its counterpart, Singapore, the findings of which will determine further action on the proposed implementation of the Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Abdul Wahid Omar said the findings of the study would then be presented to both prime ministers, Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak and Lee Hsien Loong for further discussion.

The study is expected to be completed before the next Malaysia-Singapore Leaders' Retreat in Singapore, which was previously scheduled on May 5.

"Actually, what we have done is to undertake a study in terms of the congestion level at the Causeway and to also foresee with the RTS implementation (on) what the impact will be, and if we were to look at doing it together with the friendship bridge, for example, what the impact will be or so on," said Abdul Wahid.

He was speaking to reporters here today after the Jelajah Johor flagging-off ceremony at the Celebration Square in Danga Bay.

Abdul Wahid, who co-chaired the last meeting of the Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee for Iskandar Malaysia (JMCIM) last month in Putrajaya, was commenting on the progress of the RTS and said it was vital to complete the study first.

While refuting claims by the opposition on "communication breakdown" by the two governments on the RTS progress, he said: "No problem. During our JMCIM meeting, I think all these issues were discussed by both parties."

He also confirmed that the two parties, Johor and Singapore governments had issued their proposals on possible terminus location for RTS.

"Yes, we have the basic alignment being proposed and we are actually looking at the possibility whether it will be in sync with the terminus location in Johor Baru.

"There were three locations that were mentioned previously, namely Tanjung Puteri, Bukit Chagar and JB Sentral. I think, let us complete the congestion study first, together with Singapore and then we will proceed from there," said Abdul Wahid. –*Bernama

- See more at: http://m.thesundaily.my/node/302687#sthash.CfphvTZa.dpuf

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea what the minister is saying. Is he suggesting that MY side is studying whether building the terminus at Bukit Chagar will worsen the congestion at causeway (which is actually true) during the building phase and after the terminus is built?

It's obvious to see that the jam will worsen during the building phase. After the terminus is built, we may also see a lot of indiscriminate parking around bukit chagar, which will hinder the causeway traffic. For minimal impact to current congestion, the ideal solution is to built 1 at Tanjong Puteri first, followed by another stop at Bukit Chagar but it is going to be complicated....

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea what the minister is saying. Is he suggesting that MY side is studying whether building the terminus at Bukit Chagar will worsen the congestion at causeway (which is actually true) during the building phase and after the terminus is built?

It's obvious to see that the jam will worsen during the building phase. After the terminus is built, we may also see a lot of indiscriminate parking around bukit chagar, which will hinder the causeway traffic. For minimal impact to current congestion, the ideal solution is to built 1 at Tanjong Puteri first, followed by another stop at Bukit Chagar but it is going to be complicated....

And I got this funny feeling that they are putting priority on HSR over RTS.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/04/01/MsiaSpore-HSR-still-on-track/

The timetable for the Malaysia-Singapore high-speed rail (HSR) system appears to be slipping but getting the trains running by 2020 – a mere five years away – is doable, said Land Public Transport Commission CEO Mohd Nur Ismal Kamal.

Addressing a gathering of rail professionals at Asia Pacific Rail 2015, which began here yesterday, he said proper planning for this project and gaining public acceptance would be crucial to getting it finished on time.

“There is much work (to be done) to get people to see that this is not an elitist project and to see the broad range of benefits (it will bring) to the country,” he told the audience at this annual conference focusing on rail systems, including the mass rapid transit (MRT).

Security concerns, for example, are expected to feature prominently in the talks with Singapore, with both nations seeing things differently.

“There are differences in how Malaysia and Singapore perceive security issues, with the latter being more paranoid but that is not necessarily a bad thing,” said Mohd Nur.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And I got this funny feeling that they are putting priority on HSR over RTS.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/04/01/MsiaSpore-HSR-still-on-track/

The timetable for the Malaysia-Singapore high-speed rail (HSR) system appears to be slipping but getting the trains running by 2020 – a mere five years away – is doable, said Land Public Transport Commission CEO Mohd Nur Ismal Kamal.

Addressing a gathering of rail professionals at Asia Pacific Rail 2015, which began here yesterday, he said proper planning for this project and gaining public acceptance would be crucial to getting it finished on time.

“There is much work (to be done) to get people to see that this is not an elitist project and to see the broad range of benefits (it will bring) to the country,” he told the audience at this annual conference focusing on rail systems, including the mass rapid transit (MRT).

Security concerns, for example, are expected to feature prominently in the talks with Singapore, with both nations seeing things differently.

“There are differences in how Malaysia and Singapore perceive security issues, with the latter being more paranoid but that is not necessarily a bad thing,” said Mohd Nur.

From a business and economic perspective it make sense to build the HSR first. Jams will always be there whether got RTS or not.and RTS will only benefit johoreans. Plus govt now no money. If want to choose a mega project better go for HSR which can bring more benefit to other parts of Malaysia.

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSR is under central gov, RTS is under Johor Gov. Johor gov pay for RTS, separate funding than HSR. See who got more money or more keen to push the project forward.

End of the day both will benefit SG in the long run.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a business and economic perspective it make sense to build the HSR first. Jams will always be there whether got RTS or not.and RTS will only benefit johoreans. Plus govt now no money. If want to choose a mega project better go for HSR which can bring more benefit to other parts of Malaysia.

We know the financing of the HSR had been offered by China and Japan. So it is not a money problem. But the money for RTS?
Yes, you are right. It is a question of national level project versus state level.