• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

shortie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still show no remorse? Well, hope lesson learned for you. Is a disgrace to insult the Sultan when you still call yourself a Malaysian. Go through the lyric of our national anthem if you still think you are not wrong.

Hello Kid, are u still talking in ur wet dreams! Yarm......

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So now how??
Any poor fellas swallowed the bait, hook and sinker?
Go Holland Go!!

View attachment 19774

cslong, already tell u many times to think thrice before posting. Still never learn.. Now get checkmated again and again by ur own half truths n sweeping statements. This cny everyone wants to give u advice n I give u a hint. Think thrice before posting.. We are now waiting for u to say everyone against u is a clone of me or huatgugu or malpaso. Wake up ur idea la. Stud.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can spend days digging through EVERY post that had been posted in the past by these type of guys and screen shot, dissect and post it for the benefit of our readers here. Welcome to the real world.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia govt likes to salesman talk only. Ask them to put money on the line and commit and they suddenly keep quiet. Hey, this sounds like someone we know here. Only like to slag other people project but own project is the best in JB Singapore n some say batam.

SINGAPORE: Singapore has not yet received official confirmation on where the Malaysian end of the planned Rapid Transit System (RTS) between the two countries will be located, which is required before a joint engineering study can begin, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) said on Sunday (Mar 1).

An MOT spokesperson made the comment in response to Malaysian media reports that said Singapore is holding back on deciding the alignment for the RTS that will link Singapore and Johor Bahru. The reports quoted Johor State Executive Committee Member for Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Datuk Ir. Haji Hasni bin Haji Mohammad.

“The suggestion that Singapore has been delaying progress on the RTS link is incorrect. Singapore informed Malaysia in June 2011 that the RTS terminus in Singapore would be located at Woodlands North near Republic Polytechnic. However, to date, Singapore has not received official confirmation of the location of Malaysia’s RTS terminus in Johor Bahru," the spokesperson said.

At the recent Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee for Iskandar Malaysia meeting on Feb 6, 2015, Singapore and Malaysia agreed that the second phase of the Joint Engineering Study on the RTS link will begin after the terminus location in Johor Bahru has been confirmed by Malaysia.

The Johor state government was represented at the meeting, the MOT spokesperson said.

"We look forward to official confirmation from the Malaysian government on the location of the RTS terminus in Johor Bahru. Singapore remains committed to working closely with Malaysia on the RTS link, which will provide a boost to cross-border connectivity,” the spokesman added.

- CNA/ac

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please show some respect to the Sultan. RTS project is clearly a Federal gov project. Why purposely mock and try to link it with the Sultan of Johor? What is your motive here? If you are a Malaysian, at least learn to respect the Sultan. Without the Sultan, you think JB will be as prosperous now?

Without the Sultan (Monarch). Johor will be even more prosper.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above thread clearly shows that you insulted the Sultan. Regret now? Dont have the guts to admit it? Be a man ..... just apologise and move on if you still call yourself a Malaysian. Frankly, your sarcasm have came back to haunt you......

Happy reading and form your own opinions. Click the links and read the full articles.

=========================================================================

Malay rulers should not be involved in business deals as their stature would give them preferential treatment and allow them to be taken advantage of, said former premier Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (pic).

He told online news portal The Mole that the rulers' attempt to interfere in state administration and business was a violation of the Federal Constitution and must be stopped.

“We have provided laws and designated our rulers as Constitutional Monarchs. But along the way, they (rulers) do something which is not within their realms. They go and do something and we say nothing," Dr Mahathir was quoted as saying.

"They go on to do more and more until they become businessmen. They make bids for projects... of course they are highly respected and people don't turn them down easily.”
He said other people found it difficult to do business as they were unable to compete against the rulers.

"So it becomes necessary to point out this thing. It's very unpleasant because I respect the rulers.

"They are our rulers, but unless you put a stop to this practice, there'll be other people who'll want to make use of the rulers for their own purpose.”

Dr Mahathir was responding to the controversial Johor Housing and Property Bill, which had originally given the Sultan of Johor executive powers in the state administration.

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...tration-says-dr-mahathir#sthash.VDt4yqDI.dpuf

----------------------------------------------------

Has Sultan Ibrahim of Johor’s succession of big money deals over the last six months caused the tide of public opinion to turn against Johor’s royal palace? KiniBiz examines the roots of the public backlash in a three-part series.

http://www.kinibiz.com/story/issues/90213/sultan-of-johor’s-rm4.5-billion-backlash.html

A quiet storm has been growing over the Sultan Ibrahim Ismail’s increased commercial dealings and business interests.

It looks to have come to a head with strong public and political opposition to Johor’s new Housing and Real Property Board Bill that was initiated to give the Sultan of Johor sweeping executive powers in the property industry. KiniBiz will examine that issue further tomorrow.

Many observers cite the Sultan’s sale of 116-acres of prime land in Johor Bahru last December to China developers Guangzhou R&F last year as a major turning point.

The deal pocketed the Sultan RM4.5 billion. Although scant details have been released, unconfirmed sources told KiniBiz that much of it is prime land in the Johor Bahru (JB) city centre and seafront designated as development zones in the Iskandar region.

Sources also told KiniBiz that the land was alienated to the Sultan of Johor by the state government for a lot less than the sale price. KiniBiz has not been able to verify this independently.

It is not known whether the Sultan has any stake in the mixed developments to be undertaken on this land bank.

The China angle

The special economic zone of Iskandar has been buzzing with big Chinese mainland developers such as Country Garden constructing projects on a massive scale that has dwarfed other local developments.

The Sultan’s RM4.5 billion land sale to China developers clearly ruffled some feathers, not least among local developers who are worried that the local market could be swamped with units made by China developers and cause a property glut.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://dinmerican.wordpress.com/20...ver-johor-sultans-commercial-dealings-part-1/

Fear factor

The Sultan of Johor is often treated with a mixture of respect, awe and even fear especially among Johorians. Open criticism of the Sultan is seen as social taboo. Local professionals and businessmen keep their lips pursed for fear of repercussions.

“Yes, there definitely is a fear factor,” said a local Johor businessman who did not want to be named.Things could slowly be changing with the furore over the housing bill.

“With all due respect, he (the Sultan) shouldn’t be involved in business. This is the first Sultan known to Malaysians to sell land to China. And it is prime city land. It is unprecedented. Even the previous late Sultan Iskandar (Sultan Ibrahim’s father whom the Iskandar region was named after) did not engage in such public business dealings,” said a practicing lawyer in Johor who spoke on condition of anonymity.

In theory, the RM4.5 billion land sale to Guangzhou R&F alone could place Sultan Ibrahim among the richest men in Malays

Last edited:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Haha. Sultan of Johore sold away the Malays!

Be careful. Wait cslong will scold u for being disloyal. And he will also say u are my clone. cslong will also tell u he is fengshui master n only RnF property can buy.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy reading and form your own opinions. Click the links and read the full articles.

=========================================================================

Can't even defend what you are saying? Have to rely on cut and paste old reports to defend yourself? You have already been checkmated. Your posting confirmed that you show no remorse on your rudeness to the Sultan of Johor. With that, i can only conclude that you don't fit to be a Malaysian. Good luck....

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
If people are really serious about building the tracks across the Straits, how come to date there were engineering assessment like soil investigation carried out on that stretch of sea bed??
To do so, you need to drill into the different part of the sea bed and one should see a few huge floating equipment all over the Straits but nothing!
During the feasibility study and engineering assessment, this is one of the most important part which will ultimately determine its construction method and cost!

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the Sultan (Monarch). Johor will be even more prosper.

You are wrong. Sultan help to develop JB so much and selling the prime land to the chinese developers is a great move. He has help to accelerate the development of JB and turning it into a robust city soon.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If people are really serious about building the tracks across the Straits, how come to date there were engineering assessment like soil investigation carried out on that stretch of sea bed??
To do so, you need to drill into the different part of the sea bed and one should see a few huge floating equipment all over the Straits but nothing!
During the feasibility study and engineering assessment, this is one of the most important part which will ultimately determine its construction method and cost!

Not that MY is not serious. You must understand that MY Federal Gov are running low in cash now since the drop of the oil and gas price globally. We need to wait a while for the price to recover.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that MY is not serious. You must understand that MY Federal Gov are running low in cash now since the drop of the oil and gas price globally. We need to wait a while for the price to recover.

Hey Dumbo, don't be too quick to jump at me!
I'm not even talking about the construction, I'm talking about the multi millions$$$$ supposed already spent on feasibility studies and a simple essential geographical / geological studies has yet to be carried!
These are all basic preliminaries to be carried out for such a mega project before final planning and costing estimation!
If you know so little, please sit down and keep quiet and stop being an idiot!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't even defend what you are saying? Have to rely on cut and paste old reports to defend yourself? You have already been checkmated. Your posting confirmed that you show no remorse on your rudeness to the Sultan of Johor. With that, i can only conclude that you don't fit to be a Malaysian. Good luck....

Some historical lesson:
Malaysia was formed by 3 countries ie Malaya, Sarawak and Sabah.
Malaya consisted of 11 States of Malaya.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

the sultan is only a human being, just like all of us. respect a person for his character and actions, not his fanciful title especially if inherited one. I for one dun give a damn abt what sultan, queen, prince etc. All of us will end up in a wooden box one day , no different !

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's best we stick to the topic of RTS, and discuss less about the Sultan. This is a SG forum after all, and we should avoid discussions that will help the press to sensationalise about SG or MY PR's opinion of the Sultan.

Malaysia has not confirmed location of RTS terminus in Johor Bahru: MOT

POSTED: 01 Mar 2015 12:50
UPDATED: 01 Mar 2015 12:52

Singapore has not yet received official confirmation on where the Malaysian end of the planned Rapid Transit System (RTS) between the two countries will be located, which is required before a joint engineering study can begin, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) said on Sunday (Mar 1).

SINGAPORE: Singapore has not yet received official confirmation on where the Malaysian end of the planned Rapid Transit System (RTS) between the two countries will be located, which is required before a joint engineering study can begin, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) said on Sunday (Mar 1).

An MOT spokesperson made the comment in response to Malaysian media reports that said Singapore is holding back on deciding the alignment for the RTS that will link Singapore and Johor Bahru. The reports quoted Johor State Executive Committee Member for Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Datuk Ir. Haji Hasni bin Haji Mohammad.

“The suggestion that Singapore has been delaying progress on the RTS link is incorrect. Singapore informed Malaysia in June 2011 that the RTS terminus in Singapore would be located at Woodlands North near Republic Polytechnic. However, to date, Singapore has not received official confirmation of the location of Malaysia’s RTS terminus in Johor Bahru," the spokesperson said.

At the recent Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee for Iskandar Malaysia meeting on Feb 6, 2015, Singapore and Malaysia agreed that the second phase of the Joint Engineering Study on the RTS link will begin after the terminus location in Johor Bahru has been confirmed by Malaysia.

The Johor state government was represented at the meeting, the MOT spokesperson said.

"We look forward to official confirmation from the Malaysian government on the location of the RTS terminus in Johor Bahru. Singapore remains committed to working closely with Malaysia on the RTS link, which will provide a boost to cross-border connectivity,” the spokesman added.

- CNA/ac

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above report is a little bit 'out of the blue'. The Johor State member had made the comment on SG's purported delay, way back in Sept 2014. SG had refuted him then. I did a quick google check, and there has been no recent MY media reports on RTS delay (unless it is in Malay or Chinese).

Hence the MOT spokesman's comment yesterday was quite sudden. My guess is that Lui Stuck You is increasingly concerned that the 2018/2019 deadline will not be met, and through the issuance of media statement, MOT is trying to apply pressure on MY side to speed up the decision, and to point the finger at MY for the delay.

Or does anyone have any links to recent RTS reports in Chinese or Malay, that would explain MOT's rebuttal yesterday?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above report is a little bit 'out of the blue'. The Johor State member had made the comment on SG's purported delay, way back in Sept 2014. SG had refuted him then. I did a quick google check, and there has been no recent MY media reports on RTS delay (unless it is in Malay or Chinese).

Hence the MOT spokesman's comment yesterday was quite sudden. My guess is that Lui Stuck You is increasingly concerned that the 2018/2019 deadline will not be met, and through the issuance of media statement, MOT is trying to apply pressure on MY side to speed up the decision, and to point the finger at MY for the delay.

Or does anyone have any links to recent RTS reports in Chinese or Malay, that would explain MOT's rebuttal yesterday?

That statement was a mere refutation to some comments made by a junior politician that SG is holding back the decision on the alignment.
In MY, its normal that any dumb politician can make any equally matching dumb statement to score points when speaking to the public, blaming everybody else except themselves, just like the recent "boycott Chinese businesses" fiasco.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think what u said about Lui is likely. The leaders retreat is coming up soon where the PMs have to say something abt the rail projects. Last year it was in early April.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think what u said about Lui is likely. The leaders retreat is coming up soon where the PMs have to say something abt the rail projects. Last year it was in early April.
Oh yah Lui trying to cover his ass & apply some pressure through media with MOT's latest retort. Now it makes some sense. Thanks!