• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dual CIQ in JB side better.
It was really weird if you have taken the old train from tanjung pagar.
In TP KTM station, there's an immigration counter where you "enter" malaysia first. Then at woodlands side, you "exit" singapore. So in between the two stations you are officially in 2 countries at once.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they just need to do a rail shuttle between SG and JB, I'm just wondering why don't they just make use of the existing KTM rail line?
The tracks is already there, the stations are also there, all they need to do is modernised the system, give the station a major makeover to incorporate in the CIQ and then just put on the new trains!
As for the MRT connection, they can also do a shuttle between this station with, say, Kranji or a Thomson line station, just like the Tanah Merah / Airport line situation.
And MY can still built their RTS, starting from the current train station.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Masteel rail project in Iskandar will not push through
Aug 25, 2014

The government will unlikely approve the RM1.23 billion intercity rail project in Iskandar that was mooted by KUB Malaysia and Malaysia Steel Works (Masteel), according to a source.

Through their 40:60 joint venture Metropolitan Commuter Network (MCN) Sdn Bhd, The two firms proposed to build a 30km double-track railway line connecting Johor Bahru and Kulai, as well as a 50km link between Pasir Gudang and Port of Tanjung Pelepas. Additionally, the rail line would also be connected to Singapore’s mass rapid transit system.

“We have no details of this project. Even if a proposal does come in, it will not be accepted as Johor has a few ongoing railway projects and several others in the pipeline,” said the insider.

Moreover, Masteel’s CEO and Managing Director Datuk Seri Tai Hean Leng failed to reply to Business Times’ queries, despite his June announcement that the government is still keen on the project. He also previously stated that MCN will invest RM300 million in the project, while RM700 million will be loaned from the government.

Based on earlier media reports, the government will likely axe MCN’s rail project because it plans to prioritise the high-speed rail development connecting Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

Aside from that, the Johor state government has its hands full with the Gemas-Johor Bahru electrified double-track project.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://rich.propertyguru.com.my/pro...ail-project-in-iskandar-will-not-push-through

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether RTS go thru or not......

The plan already drawn up to link JB to Singapore via MRT. So there will be one station in JBCC regardless what happen from now onward.

So for those whom love to stay in JBCC; just open your eye and buy those projects near to that "ONE" station.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder RTS is so quiet. It is not very good news for the RTS too. They may delay the stn that link to Singapore as this is likely to be funded by johor since it only benefits johor. Alternatively, they will charge a higher fare going across the other country to recoup the cost of construction. Garment priority will be HSR than RTS as it benefits more Malaysian.
Masteel rail project in Iskandar will not push through
Aug 25, 2014

The government will unlikely approve the RM1.23 billion intercity rail project in Iskandar that was mooted by KUB Malaysia and Malaysia Steel Works (Masteel), according to a source.

Through their 40:60 joint venture Metropolitan Commuter Network (MCN) Sdn Bhd, The two firms proposed to build a 30km double-track railway line connecting Johor Bahru and Kulai, as well as a 50km link between Pasir Gudang and Port of Tanjung Pelepas. Additionally, the rail line would also be connected to Singapore’s mass rapid transit system.

“We have no details of this project. Even if a proposal does come in, it will not be accepted as Johor has a few ongoing railway projects and several others in the pipeline,” said the insider.

Moreover, Masteel’s CEO and Managing Director Datuk Seri Tai Hean Leng failed to reply to Business Times’ queries, despite his June announcement that the government is still keen on the project. He also previously stated that MCN will invest RM300 million in the project, while RM700 million will be loaned from the government.

Based on earlier media reports, the government will likely axe MCN’s rail project because it plans to prioritise the high-speed rail development connecting Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

Aside from that, the Johor state government has its hands full with the Gemas-Johor Bahru electrified double-track project.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://rich.propertyguru.com.my/pro...ail-project-in-iskandar-will-not-push-through

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder RTS is so quiet. It is not very good news for the RTS too. They may delay the stn that link to Singapore as this is likely to be funded by johor since it only benefits johor. Alternatively, they will charge a higher fare going across the other country to recoup the cost of construction. Garment priority will be HSR than RTS as it benefits more Malaysian.

yup, Federal govt has more motivation to build the HSR . can masuk more mah :smile: some more now even the SG PM Lee has come out to say HSR station likely to be at Jurong East. In fact KL people now seem more keen on Nusajaya as evidenced by their renewed interest in the latest Medini condo launch.

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Masteel project has nothing to do with the RTS. In fact, the very title to this thread is misleading.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
now u see, now u dun..:biggrin:

Masteel to proceed with commuter rail project

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Steel Works (KL) Bhd (Masteel) has received the green light from the Johor state government to proceed with the rail transit network project in the Iskandar Development Region.

“The company would proceed with the relevant state and Federal Government agencies for the necessary approvals,” said Masteel in a filing with Bursa Malaysia yesterday.

The announcement comes following a local news report on Monday which claimed that the project, which would be undertaken jointly between Masteel and KUB Malaysia Bhd, was unlikely to be approved by the state government.

Masteel had clarified on Monday that it had not received any notification from any ministries or government agencies indicating that the Iskandar commuter rail project “will not take off or will be scrapped or otherwise cancelled.”

Masteel and KUB had entered into a heads of joint venture agreement on Jan 19 to pursue the project in Iskandar, which will be undertaken via a joint venture company, Metropolitan Commuter Network Sdn Bhd.

Meanwhile, Masteel’s net profit for its second quarter ended June 30, was flat at RM10.10mil compared with RM10.13mil in the previous corresponding period, mainly due to a lower margin on a higher sales volume.

Revenue meanwhile increased to RM359.99mil from RM342.26mil, which was mainly attributed to higher sales volume, it told Bursa Malaysia in a separate statement.

For the six-month period ended June 30, net profit increased to RM17.38mil from RM13.68mil in the previous corresponding period, while revenue rose to RM697.67mil from RM672.30mil a year earlier. Masteel said the prospects for the strong flow of orders for the company’s products were expected to be favourable, while the prices for steel bars, billets and scrap were expected to fluctuate within a narrow band.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Potter I know you and I are always in harmony.

Haizzzz.... so bore to update this thread as people keep doubting what I posts.

Say the thread name misleading; my map from no where......

Please people... it is easy to pick on people...... but when you pick on the wrong people, do you ever come back and apologised? Or just move on to pick on others whom may be wrong in other thread......

Just read what I post..... if do not like just move on.

When you got nothing nice to say; please do not type anything......

now u see, now u dun..:biggrin:

Masteel to proceed with commuter rail project

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Old news. Hopefully we'll get more current news soon.
It's really being dragging for quite a while already.
Iskandar needs some more positive news.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to clarified what is latest news and old news....

Year 2014 Latest.
1. Johor State Government approval of project.

Year 2011
1. Support letter from Menteri Besar of Johor Datuk Haji Abdul Ghani Othman.
2. Clearance letter from transport minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha.

Note: KUB own 40% of RTS.
KUB is Finance Link company. (something like GIC or Temasek Holdings of Singapore)

The intercity rail project is planned for on land belonging to the Federal Government but it being within the Johor state.

Yup. Old news. Hopefully we'll get more current news soon.
It's really being dragging for quite a while already.
Iskandar needs some more positive news.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep old news but just came across recently thats why thought would be interesting but if they keep on changing the posts credibility is lost that means property will cool down will be alot of empty houses .\
Which also mean we have been taken on a ride.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potter I know you and I are always in harmony.

Haizzzz.... so bore to update this thread as people keep doubting what I posts.

Say the thread name misleading; my map from no where......

Please people... it is easy to pick on people...... but when you pick on the wrong people, do you ever come back and apologised? Or just move on to pick on others whom may be wrong in other thread......

Just read what I post..... if do not like just move on.

When you got nothing nice to say; please do not type anything......

That was Masteel's official clarification after the false news "Masteel rail project in Iskandar will not push through". Just an update only. :smile:

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was Masteel's official clarification after the false news "Masteel rail project in Iskandar will not push through". Just an update only. :smile:

Actually for me, this Masteel project is good to have, but not really critical imho. RTS betw JB & Republic Poly is the one which will be the real game changer, and hope that the news of the JB location, alignment & method will be announced in the coming months. The clock is ticking towards December deadline.....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually for me, this Masteel project is good to have, but not really critical imho. RTS betw JB & Republic Poly is the one which will be the real game changer, and hope that the news of the JB location, alignment & method will be announced in the coming months. The clock is ticking towards December deadline.....

Tikam-ed 1 dollar my location before they announced e MRT project.
Wait for them to show hand..that's fun. :biggrin: