• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to spot a FAKE

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a faceless forums anyone can claim anything, including myself. So is it a big deal if someone is not what he claims to be?

Yes, because we do have many "beginners" investors who take into consideration "esteemed opinions" of some "seasoned investors". We also have people who claim to be seeking shelter in JB due to family problems etc.. and after forummers spent precious time advising him... he turned out to be a fake. I don't care about what people say in a faceless forums, but if i spot a FAKE i would point out.

So my advice to forummers is, before you get influenced by anyone's comments:

1) Understand the element of self interest - excuse me if i appear a little bias towards property i own because i genuinely believe it is a good investment, and i have concrete data to back my claims

2) Being bias towards a particular property is not necessarily a sin but is the person a FAKE? In this i am targetting property agents who are trying to sell a certain development especially several condominiums... it is ok to be an agent but it is NOT ok if he pretends to be an "investor who love this development so much that he committed several millions"

3) When someone tells you his story of success, what makes him what he is today, etc... take it with a pinch of salt. Will Simon Cheong come to this forum to share his secret of success? No. Similarly many forummers who entered the market early have made substantial sum but do you see them boasting about their millions of profits? No.

Oh.. i need to live up to the title... so how do you spot a fake?
- check out the history of his posting, you'll be surprised how some people contradict themselves... inconsistency is the first clue
- Assess the logic of his actions (or what he claims he is doing), if it sounds illogical... it is again a clue he is FAKE
- If you find someone's story of success etc too unbelievable, it is probably not to be believed.

In conclusion: INCONSISTENT, ILLOGICAL, UNBELIEVABLE => FAKE !!!

So please be very very skeptical in a faceless forum.

Last edited:

Turbonetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is not a big deal.
forums are full of different types of people.
some are willing to share and some are not,some like to give real information and some don't.
i usually read with pinch of salt. afterall the final decision is ourself,right or wrong we can't blame anybody but ourself.
i don't take how others behave in forum so hard because nobody can control how others want to act and this is really no big deal.
i have better things to do than minding other people business(as in what type of people they really are),that's why most of the time i read posts without looking at the person's nick unless he/she is an active posters or someone who had really helped out with others.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
...ya there was a Malay 'Andy Lau' lurking around posting praises for a Medini project....i would never engage a property agent who fake around.....either he is so desperate or he is totally unscrupulous.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was another guy who came in announcing his client has a budget of 10k to 15k bla bla bla.
This is the famous "fishing" technique employed by many agents to hook up with owner... to some this is a harmless technique but I prefer agents to come clean.

Someone above said i "take it too hard" of how others behave... haha I don't. I am happy to hunt down FAKES just as you are happy to ignore them.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me give you another example of our favourite forummer NATUREBEST.
This gentlemen for sure is NOT a FAKE. This is someone who stripped his soul bare for you to see how confused he is and that is a real human.
On one hand he invested in JB.. on the other hand he constantly tell people how crazy it is to invest in JB because it is so unsafe.
So this guy has no agenda... he simply argues with himself frequently.

PWNED

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What took u so people so long to notice that? :biggrin:

See my siggy.

Those newbie clones are easy to spot. The way they register their nicks and posting style. :biggrin:

But don't expect me to elaborate because i don't share such info with anyone. :biggrin:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
This gentlemen for sure is NOT a FAKE. This is someone who stripped his soul bare for you to see how confused he is and that is a real human.
On one hand he invested in JB.. on the other hand he constantly tell people how crazy it is to invest in JB because it is so unsafe.

Invested or not, I'm not sure but he definitely has some linguistic as well as mental issues.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Signs of Schizophrenia....forever thinking someone after his money especially in JB...

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
FAKES at war in the forum. Each agent claiming "exclusivity" to special pricing.... yet refusing to admit they are agents.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahahah! Good one!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all,

We seem to be having agents trying to promote their properties while doing their best to push down properties in Malaysia.

They will pose as owners in various stages or purchase or existing home owner there and then accidentally revealing that
they actually don't have properties there or getting you to buy their other properties or trying to dissuade you generally.

Its been repeating so much that its getting old. Then they will ask this or that person to guarantee this or that when they
themselves keep quiet when posed with questions. Or casting doubts on folks by suggesting that they are committing adultery
yet slinked yet again away when asked to provide proof or to meet. While it is good that their work is helping to cut down on
traffic at the checkpoints generally, i urge folks to ignore the troll.

I sincerely hope that their forum is still doing well.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

We seem to be having agents trying to promote their properties while doing their best to push down properties in Malaysia.

They will pose as owners in various stages or purchase or existing home owner there and then accidentally revealing that
they actually don't have properties there or getting you to buy their other properties or trying to dissuade you generally.

Its been repeating so much that its getting old. Then they will ask this or that person to guarantee this or that when they
themselves keep quiet when posed with questions. Or casting doubts on folks by suggesting that they are committing adultery
yet slinked yet again away when asked to provide proof or to meet. While it is good that their work is helping to cut down on
traffic at the checkpoints generally, i urge folks to ignore the troll.

I sincerely hope that their forum is still doing well.

There has been some fracas in the forum. Do you guys think it is fair to request agents to declare themselves as agents?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to change the thread title to "AGENTS PLEASE DECLARE YOURSELVES"... can anyone advise if this can be done?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to change the thread title to "AGENTS PLEASE DECLARE YOURSELVES"... can anyone advise if this can be done?

I think no point lah. Only adults would surf this forum, and they should be responsible for their own decisions/money and take all opinions with a pinch of salt.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think no point lah. Only adults would surf this forum, and they should be responsible for their own decisions/money and take all opinions with a pinch of salt.

Hmmm.... i sort of agree with you... probably those new nicks who seems gullible are the agents talking to themselves.