• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr Khaw is working quietly working behind the scenes to hit his HDB targets

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On Tuesday, rainstorms carrying hail over western parts of the country provided respite from the haze.

Unbeknownst to Singaporeans, the rain was not due to Indonesian cloud seeding but to the work of one man working quietly behind the scenes.

Mr Khaw Boon Wan told this newspaper his story.

“To complete the ramped-up construction programme, I do need more construction workers, more than currently available,” explained the Minister for Unsustainable Asset Appreciation.

“That is why I was shocked by Singaporeans’ suggestion: That we issue stop-work order on the construction industry, immediately and for as long as the haze lasts.”

“But saying no to Singaporeans is not as simple as rebutting the opposition.”

Following advice from fellow Minister Vivian Balakrishnan, Mr Khaw sought the help of Hor Seen, the local God of Rain.

“Every day I prayed to Hor Seen: Tolong, tolong, please send us rain, hail, whatever — anything to stop this haze,” recounted Mr Khaw.

- http://www.voiddecker.com/2013/06/a-hazy-tale-of-psi-and-two-ministers/