• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

House moving experience SG -Jb

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing that Crisanne. Will certainly come in handy when I make my move eventually.

Regarding the carton boxes, I take it you packed these yourself? Were the boxes supplied by the movers? If not, where did you get them from? Thanks in advance.

Pls refer to post#15. New here . didnt know how to reply.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will it be taxed when bringing in electrical applicants.. especially if is brand new?

Did not pay anything beyond quotation cost . I made sure that was the condition and Zamri did the rest. I left him to use his expertise to repack and send the stuff. Trust.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
5. Pay a small deposit in Sg and rest after arrival.
6. Be polite and reasonable and they will be in kind. Happy sharing. Hope this will be useful.

This is the last section of my sharing. Moderator only allowed 500 characters per entry. I hope i have been helpful.

I forgot to mention that you need to provide photostat copy of house owners in JB - i/c front/back, copy of electrical bill or other bills to assist Zamri to expedite your stuff with no hitches/cost. You can only buy 2 stuff of each electrical item .The third similar item will be taxed. If you have two houses under your name , it will be much better but not necessary. One last reminder, be at your new place earlier before they arrived in JB and contact movers one day before actual moving to confirm day/time.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing that Crisanne. Will certainly come in handy when I make my move eventually.

Regarding the carton boxes, I take it you packed these yourself? Were the boxes supplied by the movers? If not, where did you get them from? Thanks in advance.

Just double chk phone no of box rental is 82517409. www.cartonboxrental.com. Self collect will be good if you need abt 15 boxes.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing that Crisanne. Will certainly come in handy when I make my move eventmually.

Couldnt sleep and i remembered the purpose of getting my own boxes and not frm movers. There is a label print on the box frm the cartonbox rental which i could easily identify as my stuff. If they were frm movers , it might be easily mixed up as movers may provide same boxes to other household should the truck be having stuff frm other houses moving on the same day as yours. I made sure the tape was of a different colour not the usual brown ( kiasu! ) And as i said in one of my post, there is a possibility of the truck containing stuff of other household that did not mind a earlier day collection /later date delivery. For me i asked him if the truck was carrying my stuff and he did say yes but i had no worries as the boxes were of different label and tape and numbered. Heard abt ugly scenes frm earlier post elsewhere where stuff went missing, damaged. I supposed anything that is fragile must be told to the movers and if possible label "fragile". Whatever mover you choose , make your terms clear and reasonable. Do not give sudden surprises/ inclusions if possible unless mover has no qualms. Most impt make the most of the move to defray cost of purchasing the items in Malaysia especially electrical items that tend to be more expensive and backdated. Best of all my wife /me get to choose what brand we want to buy and think long term as we plan to move there eventually.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the useful information Crisanne..
It should come in handy for me in the near future & also share this info to someone I know who will be moving across to JB

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most impt make the most of the move to defray cost of purchasing the items in Malaysia especially electrical items that tend to be more expensive and backdated. Best of all my wife /me get to choose what brand we want to buy and think long term as we plan to move there eventually.
Er...not true. The electrical items such as TV, fridge, washing machines are as current as in SG. In fact most of the item I purchased in MY are much cheaper than in SG but again that was purchased before the GST implementation.

You just have to know where to get good deal.

I bought a iMAC 5K in JB and save about SGD$300+...lol.