• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Motorised Bicycles

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Cool optibike but still prefer motorbikes since i got the license to ride.:biggrin:

OB12008.JPG

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
850 watt... 4get it. If i not wrong LTA regulation not anything above 200watt. :biggrin::biggrin:

Buy oredi can oni go JB n ride..:(:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
850 watt... 4get it. If i not wrong LTA regulation not anything above 200watt. :biggrin::biggrin:

Buy oredi can oni go JB n ride..:(:biggrin:

Lance Armstrong could generate 400 watts for more than 3 hours. Would he need to license his bike in order to ride in sinkiepoor? :wink:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3267

TDF Special: The “Real” Science of Lance
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:41:25 PM PT

by Dr. Stephen Cheung, Ph.D.

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="middle">
dl05st4-lance-phspt1.jpg
</td><td width="10">
</td> <td class="text">Hands up who watched Discovery’s much-hyped “Science of Lance Armstrong” show this week. Now hands up who actually learned anything useful from it? Yeah, just what I thought. Luckily for us, Dr. Ed Coyle’s got the real inside scoop on the Physiology of Lance Armstrong… </td></tr></tbody></table>
The hour I spent in front of the couch watching “The Science of Lance Armstrong” is one I’ll unfortunately never get back. Now don’t get me wrong - I’m all for big media like The Discovery Channel bridging the gap between entertainment and education, but I prefer my science like my steaks – lots of meat please.

Great gems of science like “this shoe has carbon fibre!” and “this is the fastest helmet in the world, there’s only one, and it’s Lance’s” was like a teabag in the ocean (i.e., WEAK!) in terms of illuminating the vacuum between my ears. Even the potentially interesting segment on wind tunnel testing was generic pablum guaranteed not to offend nor to stimulate, aside from the explanation of dimples on skinsuits creating turbulent flow that decreases drag. Um, wait, that’s not new; Nike and Descente has used that with their speedskating suits since the 1998 Winter Olympics, and golf balls since kilts were invented…

dl05st4-lance-phspt.jpg

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Like that i might as well ride a motorcycle in.:p

Main reason why ppl buy mororised bike is low or no(batt operated) petrol consumption. No road tax, insurance etc. U think our garment allow us such short cut?.... Haizz :(:biggrin:

davsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya electric bike is a good option to consider for short trip wihtin neighbourhood.

see one delivery company start to use bike for delivery. they are suriving one la.

just need to find good battery to increased the range and possible charging station in shopping center to recharge.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such bikes are not allowed due to high wattage and disposal problem for the battery as the latter cannot be disposed locally due to NEA restrictions:mad: