• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dengue Epidemic Out of Control As NEA Focusses on Fixing WP!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Dengue cases hit 9,000![/h]

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png

PostDateIcon.png
June 8th, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

mosquito-300x232.jpg
More than 400 new cases of dengue were reported in
Singapore this week, bringing the total number to over 9,000 for this year. So
far, 1 person has died.

3 weeks ago (May 17), the total number of dengue cases was just 7,000.

For the whole year in 2011 and 2012, the number of cases were 5,330 and 4,632
respectively.

Five new dengue clusters have also been identified in Geylang, where more
than 30 people have fallen ill. Over the past four days, seven dengue cases were
reported at Lorong 9 to Lorong 21 in Geylang.

Shopowners in the area have been busy cleaning up drains and ditches to
prevent mosquito breeding.

According to NEA [Link], a dengue cluster is
formed when 2 or more dengue cases occur within 14 days and the homes of the
dengue victims are within the distance of 150m.

There are 3 alert levels. It indicates the severity of a dengue cluster. Each
alert level is associated with a list of preventive actions that the public can take to protect
against dengue:

DefinitionAlert Level
High-risk area with 10 or more casesRed
High-risk area with less than 10 casesYellow
No new cases, under surveillance for the next 21
days
Green

<tbody>

</tbody>

As at yesterday (7 Jun), there are 52 dengue clusters in Red and Yellow Alert
Levels:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Hawker centres’ cleaning dispute resolved but NEA continues to
blame AHPETC
[/h]

PostDateIcon.png
June 7th, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

AHPETC.png
The recent dispute over the cleaning of hawker centres
managed by the Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) was resolved
at a meeting yesterday (6 Jun) involving AHPETC, NEA and the affected
hawkers.

The parties agreed that spring cleaning at the hawker centres at Block 511 in
Bedok North Street 3 and Block 630 at Bedok Reservoir Road will be done within a
month.

AHPETC is not charging any cost to the hawkers for the cleaning.

In addition, AHPETC has proposed a new cleaning method that will not require
the closure of the food centres.

The hawkers are happy with how the meeting has turned out.

The dispute started after what appears to be a misunderstanding over who
should bear the cost of erecting the scaffolding for the cleaning.

At first, the hawkers said that they were told by the town council that they
would have to pay extra for scaffolding. AHPETC issued a press statement on 1
June to dispute this, saying, “We reiterate that no authorized TC staff told any
hawker or anyone of any additional charges to be imposed for the cleaning.”

However, in a statement issued yesterday, NEA maintained that the sequence of
events and documents show AHPETC was trying to get the hawkers to pay additional
fees for cleaning.

An NEA spokesperson said, “When the hawkers refused to pay, an incomplete job
was done, leaving the hawkers suffering business losses due to unnecessary
closure. It then tried to deflect blame by claiming that the NEA email had
confused the Town Council and everyone else.”

In another statement from AHPETC on 3 June, AHPETC referred to an email from
NEA dated 7 February 2013, where NEA said:

“The Hawkers’ Association will make the necessary arrangements with
their contractors on scaffolding erection/dismantling during the spring cleaning
period from 4-8 March 2013″.

AHPETC added, “We leave it to the public to judge whether any reasonable
person would take the sentence to refer merely to the provision of canvas rather
than the erection/dismantling of scaffolding itself, as NEA now claims. The TC
took NEA’s email in good faith and left the arrangement of the scaffolding in
the hands of NEA and the Hawkers’ Association.”

In other words, based on NEA’s email, AHPETC assumed that the Hawkers’
Association would make arrangements to erect and dismantle the scaffolding for
the cleaning. Looking at NEA’s email objectively, it seems that was what NEA was
saying. But now NEA has put the blame on AHPETC instead.

ronnietay.png

Rear Admiral (NS) Ronnie Tay, CEO of NEA wef
1/7/13

NEA now says that its email referred to the “individual stall scaffolding and
not the main scaffolding for cleaning of high areas”. The individual stall
scaffolding is paid for by the hawkers while the main one for cleaning high
areas should be paid for by the town council, NEA said.

NEA also said that the rumour that the NEA staff who sent the 7 Feb email to
AHPETC had been suspended and disciplined was “not true” and that NEA was
“behind her all the way”.

The blame clearly lies with NEA’s poor communication and writing skills.
Given that there are so many scholars working for NEA and especially now a Rear
Admiral-cum-SAF scholar is going to take charge of it, surely they can do better
in future and not cast blame any old how.

Yet, instead of trying to improve staff with bad communication skills, NEA
seems to be tolerating staff who perform poorly.

Join our TRE facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TREmeritus

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah really NEA should be concentrating their effort on tackling dengue and not doing this. The whole SG no need to know about this hawker centre cleaning which will only affect the residents there.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is the minister in charge of NEA? It is none other than Vivian Balakrishnan. Why hasn't he come out to face the media to issue any statements about the dengue epidemic? Shouldn't he take the initiative to reassure citizens that he has plans to contain this situation, and keep it under control? Why is he keeping silent on this issue?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who is the minister in charge of NEA? It is none other than Vivian Balakrishnan. Why hasn't he come out to face the media to issue any statements about the dengue epidemic? Shouldn't he take the initiative to reassure citizens that he has plans to contain this situation, and keep it under control? Why is he keeping silent on this issue?

Because he has roped in a new spokesperson for NEA who is formerly from the opposition, Mr Goh Meng Seng?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NEA Too Busy Fixing WP to Care About Rampant Mosquito Breeding

[h=2]NEA ignores feedback on the uncontrolled mosquito situation at MacPherson[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
June 8th, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

NEA-300x163.jpg
Dear TRE,
I am writing regrettably, to inform you that even with repeated reminders to the government’s official feedback channel, neither the MPTC nor NEA has gotten back to me on the uncontrolled mosquitoes situation at MacPherson, this in spite of the dengue pandemic having surpassed the 9000 mark.
They are still busy trying to fix or trip my town council’s MPs I suppose, otherwise I could not find any other explanation for their continued inaction. I believe this is also why my MP has not have the time to communicate with us or read our emails as alleged by The Straits Times yesterday.
This kind of despicable tactics only serves to further isolate and alienate voters in opposition wards such as myself and I hope fellow S’poreans will know and appreciate our hardship suffered while providing an alternative voice for them in Parliament.
I hope that at the next G.E., more will join our ranks as did brothers and sisters at Punggol East this year beginning with Marine Parade for a start, of course
icon_smile.gif

Yours faithfully
William Lim
———- Forwarded message ———-
Date: 2013/6/4
Subject: FB201306/0086: Feedback on mosquito situation in MacPherson
Dear Mr Lim,
Thank you for your email to REACH on 01 June 2013.
We have informed the National Environment Agency (NEA) of your feedback.
Regards,
Fiona Gee | REACH

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because he has roped in a new spokesperson for NEA who is formerly from the opposition, Mr Goh Meng Seng?

I was not aware of Goh Meng Seng campaigning for NEA-related issues.

In any case, anyone appointing Goh Meng Seng as a spokesman is making a terrible mistake.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In any case, anyone appointing Goh Meng Seng as a spokesman is making a terrible mistake.

I have great respect for Goh Meng Seng. He's one of the best home grown politicians that Singapore has produced. He's a true, blue Singaporean. You guys should support this dying breed and unite against the foreign invasion.

When you attack your fellow Sinkies, all you're doing is strengthening the hand of the foreigners who are hell bent on taking over the country.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have great respect for Goh Meng Seng. He's one of the best home grown politicians that Singapore has produced. He's a true, blue Singaporean. You guys should support this dying breed and unite against the foreign invasion.

When you attack your fellow Sinkies, all you're doing is strengthening the hand of the foreigners who are hell bent on taking over the country.

Can we export him to NZ to be the foreign talent from sinkapore? If he is so good for sinkapore, he will be even better for New Zealand. :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The current NEA CEO should be fired and not allowed to work for any GLC. But we all know that it is not going to happen when he is after trying to help the PAP. $68 million liability to the taxpayers ...what a rip-off of our tax dollars.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkies like to self-sabotage. That's why it is with certainty that PAP will rule for another century if they want to. Those sinkies idiots who are still dreaming of opposition win in 2016 should wake up from their dream. From sinkie and FT ratio 1:3 to 1:2, sinkies really it. Even PAP know these self-saboteurs must be replaced.

One of Goh Meng Seng's biggest mistakes was to come here to engage sinkies idiots which further tarnish his reputation. When I read his postings here, I think he is 'seow' and no way I will vote him.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When I read his postings here, I think he is 'seow' and no way I will vote him.

When I read his posts, it confirms my opinion that he's one of the few Singaporeans who is intellectual enough to understand the issues that face Singapore. He also has practical solutions to the problems the country faces.

The rest of the opposition brigade are a bunch of clowns.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I read his posts, it confirms my opinion that he's one of the few Singaporeans who is intellectual enough to understand the issues that face Singapore. He also has practical solutions to the problems the country faces.

Please get Goh Meng Seng, aka Harban Goh over to New Zealand. I am sure the New Zealand First Party will embrace him.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng's biggest achievements in GE2011 is grooming Nicole Seah. That's what NSP is best known for and nothing else.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng's biggest achievements in GE2011 is grooming Nicole Seah. That's what NSP is best known for and nothing else.

I would not vote for GMS...what has he contributed, other than whining?? & throwing m&d at the oppositions..I am sure he is another PAP lackey put in place to undermine the oppositions....not to mention he is a traitor...he was seen at 322 HG Avenue 5 talking to reporters when Yaw Shin Loong case was unfolding... that is the kind of traitors we read in novels or even played out in movies..

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would not vote for GMS...what has he contributed, other than whining?? & throwing m&d at the oppositions..I am sure he is another PAP lackey put in place to undermine the oppositions....not to mention he is a traitor...he was seen at 322 HG Avenue 5 talking to reporters when Yaw Shin Loong case was unfolding... that is the kind of traitors we read in novels or even played out in movies..

I cannot understand this blind faith in WP, maybe it's like worshippers' faith in Con Hee.