• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will try to explain what is TRUTH as against opinion. The quantum of maintenence fees, be it RM500 OR 1000 can be considered a fact/truth. When expressed as "exorbitant", it is then an OPINION for it is relative. For example, a property may cost RM 1m (a fact). S' porean/SPR may opine that it is cheap (as they compare it with SG property prices) yet a M'sian worker earning local wages may view it as expensive. There can be only ONE fact, the RM 1m. Any other different expressions are mere opinion.

I rest my case and this will be my last post on this subject.

I hope you look at my statement clearly. I mention strata title properties owners need to pay exorbitant maintenance fee compare to individual title property. What you are saying is affordability of Singaporean /SPR is a total misconception. For example, if you are a millionaires, of course everything is affordable for you. I also stress if you can afford, is a non issue. MY message is clearly for the new forumers or potential investor of SEC to think about. If you compare maintenance fee of both types of properties, strata title type easily at least 500% more than individual title property. Isnt it exorbitant??? 500% or more! Hope this will clear the air for you.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope you look at my statement clearly. I mention strata title properties owners need to pay exorbitant maintenance fee compare to individual title property. What you are saying is affordability of Singaporean /SPR is a total misconception. For example, if you are a millionaires, of course everything is affordable for you. I also stress if you can afford, is a non issue. MY message is clearly for the new forumers or potential investor of SEC to think about. If you compare maintenance fee of both types of properties, strata title type easily at least 500% more than individual title property. Isnt it exorbitant??? 500% or more! Hope this will clear the air for you.

I apologise to people for breaking my earlier promise that the previous one will be my last post. While the argument CSLong postulated may sound "logical"; all who have bought Condo, G&G (strata or otherwise) please quickly offload your properties and switch to traditional tamans for they do not need to pay RM100, or even RM1 for the security or other services. Simple CSLong logic means your fees are beyond calculation, "infinity". Yes, anything divided by 0 is infinity.

This will really be my last post on this subject.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad there are many millionaires here than pests, so no millionaires understand pests' brains :biggrin:

小人小人你别生气,今儿上山放风筝去! :wink:

Last edited:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will keep to my promise not to reply to his latest post simply because I only know how to apply logic in presenting my view. Sadly, logic only works for people who wear clear (not polarised) lenses with an open mind. So in this respect, I must admit I have failed miserably :(.

Happy for you folks who will be collecting your keys soon. That's when life get exciting, working on your renovation plans which can be a stressful journey.

Nice try, bro. Talking logic does not work on this pest or rather ghost :wink:
Yes, the thought of going through reno is a headache but could be enjoyable too especially when you see the end result is what you want :smile:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice try, bro. Talking logic does not work on this pest or rather ghost :wink:
Yes, the thought of going through reno is a headache but could be enjoyable too especially when you see the end result is what you want :smile:

Agree with you that if at the end of renovation, it delivers your dream home, all the pains and aches are worth it. Not sure if I will be branded as a sexist; it can be akin to a mother labouring 9 months to deliver a beautiful baby at the end of the journey, albeit a shorter journey :smile:.

My house is currently under renovation. All the 3D pictures look attractive. Hopefully, the end products do not deviate too much from the "artist impression".

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you that if at the end of renovation, it delivers your dream home, all the pains and aches are worth it. Not sure if I will be branded as a sexist; it can be akin to a mother labouring 9 months to deliver a beautiful baby at the end of the journey, albeit a shorter journey :smile:.

My house is currently under renovation. All the 3D pictures look attractive. Hopefully, the end products do not deviate too much from the "artist impression".

Cool. Enjoy your journey. I'm sure it will turn out marvelous.

:smile:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am sure your dream home will come true. May need your recommendation pertaining to reno upon VP, cheers :smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys! had kopi yesterday with one of our aurora purchaser bro isSupertenere and he showed me pics he took of mercury houses back row (ie northernmost perimeter of SEC, next to eco spring area). They actually looked very nice and bright! Initially i was a bit worried the color might be garish, but turns out quite nice. Anyone who pop by SEC should check it out. Also notice that SEC land is on a higher ground compare to the other tamans there. They went to check out foresta which is almost ready for VP already. Roads are curving and landform is undulating - very nicely done by Setia so far.

Have ask bro IST to post the pics here but i think he said "lazy to log in". :(

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys! had kopi yesterday with one of our aurora purchaser bro isSupertenere and he showed me pics he took of mercury houses back row (ie northernmost perimeter of SEC, next to eco spring area). They actually looked very nice and bright! Initially i was a bit worried the color might be garish, but turns out quite nice. Anyone who pop by SEC should check it out. Also notice that SEC land is on a higher ground compare to the other tamans there. They went to check out foresta which is almost ready for VP already. Roads are curving and landform is undulating - very nicely done by Setia so far.

Great updates!

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, just had a check last week, all the while I thought Seri Austin is on the highest ground, but surprised ours is around that area. Have some pic, but will upload if happen to go kpo next trip :smile:

cannondale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

I do not receive any reply on the proposed meet up after sending out the invite 5 days ago. Sad to say, it wouldn't take place. At the beginning, I was thinking the bros here could be too busy with work but I believe my lack of appearance here (to post more and generate credibility) could be the main reason. No one will want to meet a stranger, isn't it? :smile: Plus some may think I may be a property agent (I am not) and do not feel comfortable sharing the contact. All theses are fine….my purpose is just to catch up and exchange thought, nothing more. So, if anyone here is organizing one, pls let me know.

Many thanks again to those who consistently provide update on SEC development. I am one of the forumers who is less knowledgable in property space and therefore shy to post comment. Still, I benefited a lot from this forum. Keep up the good work!

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess our thread past week was especially BAD until Huatgugu Bro came with a Powerful Broom! :biggrin:
So a number of SECians could have not been logging in past month/weeks.

Foresta VP soon. Might start have some traffic again.
Things would get interesting after 2015 CNY,
provided those "pests" stay away. :cool:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

I do not receive any reply on the proposed meet up after sending out the invite 5 days ago. Sad to say, it wouldn't take place. At the beginning, I was thinking the bros here could be too busy with work but I believe my lack of appearance here (to post more and generate credibility) could be the main reason. No one will want to meet a stranger, isn't it? :smile: Plus some may think I may be a property agent (I am not) and do not feel comfortable sharing the contact. All theses are fine….my purpose is just to catch up and exchange thought, nothing more. So, if anyone here is organizing one, pls let me know.

Many thanks again to those who consistently provide update on SEC development. I am one of the forumers who is less knowledgable in property space and therefore shy to post comment. Still, I benefited a lot from this forum. Keep up the good work!

hi bro
don't be disheartened , i believe even in the early days we tried to set a meet up but in the end a bit difficult since many of us have differing schedules and so on. we will have lots of chance to mingle when the houses are ready and VP. trust me on this, there's not much to do in JB. how many times can one go to aeon tebrau shopping? my guess is the poolside at SEC will be a nice place to mingle in future.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro
don't be disheartened , i believe even in the early days we tried to set a meet up but in the end a bit difficult since many of us have differing schedules and so on. we will have lots of chance to mingle when the houses are ready and VP. trust me on this, there's not much to do in JB. how many times can one go to aeon tebrau shopping? my guess is the poolside at SEC will be a nice place to mingle in future.

Yeah. Can have weekly Potluck at the Pool house. lol

:biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, just had a check last week, all the while I thought Seri Austin is on the highest ground, but surprised ours is around that area. Have some pic, but will upload if happen to go kpo next trip :smile:

yup, that's right. in fact, right from the get go some of us already recce that area when the side road was first tarred. could see that from the aurora northern side the road is sloping down towards the west (ie towards seri austin) and could see the top of the roofs of seri austin houses. For seri austin the highest ground there is the Emery and Ametrine(semi-d) precinct. the piece of SEC land bought by tan sri those many years back was a good buy, good land form.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi cannondale,

I didn't see your post. I guess it was drowned amongst the flood of exchanges which I normally skipped.

Do invite me the next time thru PM. I almost met up with malpaso the last time.

Dear all,

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi cannondale,

I didn't see your post. I guess it was drowned amongst the flood of exchanges which I normally skipped.

Do invite me the next time thru PM. I almost met up with malpaso the last time.

I agree with all that has a interest in SEC. I will support a meet up.

cannondale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks Bro malpaso and Bro Eric3417.

It is true that we can't be heading to Aeon all the time. Honestly, I hate to find carpark at crowded place. Instead of Aeon Bukit Indah or Aeon Tebrau, I usually go to Aeon Permas Jaya. Next time the nearest is probably Aeon BDO.

Poolside meeting, sound good!!! Can have BBQ session and watch the kids play in the pool. That is what I called "Quality Life with family and neighbor".After all, we don't want another Everitt Road incident, which is really a nightmare even if one is staying in upscale location. So I will give full support for whatever it takes to create good neighborhood. In fact, that will indirectly increase the value of the houses in SEC since everyone will play their part in taking good care of the vicinity.

Noted Bro nextreal and Bro LamCH. I will PM you my contact so that we can catch up over Whatapps. Also let set a Ground Rule that only those who really bought at SEC can join this group.

Rgds.