• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
design looks nice. What's wrong with a slant car porch? May it is on purpose to allow water to drain out of the house after car wash? So thoughtful. The only problem is probably consistensy, not every house has this feature.

Ya lor...... the owner of this house must be really lucky to have this special feature.....unfortunately it slanted to right side of the house. A minor or major defect ?

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
design looks nice. What's wrong with a slant car porch? May it is on purpose to allow water to drain out of the house after car wash? So thoughtful. The only problem is probably consistensy, not every house has this feature.

Bro, as mentioned before, this is one of the eco features that SEC has that to build the houses according to its original landscape as much as possible. :smile:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one owner is likely to bang table.

I guess SP Setia staff wont bother even you break the table. Most likely, the reason give will sound like this ......... "this is one of the eco features that SEC has that to build the houses according to its original landscape as much as possible. Therefore, not a defect!"

As i said...beginning of the nightmare.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody is talking down on any neighbourhood. Is just stating facts. I see this as a serious matter. I try not to show these pics at first. Since some people here thought that i am here just talking bad about SEC intentionally, i have no choice but to just do it. Many already abandon ship and yet some of you still naively waiting for your so call retirement home at SEC..... the warning signs are so obvious.....is time to wake up. At least i have done my part to warn all the forumers (new and old ones) here. You will never get to know this type of info from other forums.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody is talking down on any neighbourhood. Is just stating facts. I see this as a serious matter. I try not to show these pics at first. Since some people here thought that i am here just talking bad about SEC intentionally, i have no choice but to just do it. Many already abandon ship and yet some of you still naively waiting for your so call retirement home at SEC..... the warning signs are so obvious.....is time to wake up. At least i have done my part to warn all the forumers (new and old ones) here. You will never get to know this type of info from other forums.

Seriously, the pictures you have shown are observed facts; while others are mere opinions, in my views. The so called slants invited a couple of expressed opinions, whether in jest or otherwise. Only clarifications with Setia can separate facts (whether it is built as designed) from opinions.

If indeed these are defacts that need to be rectified, your conjecture that Setia will wash its hand should serve as caution. But until that happens, it is again expressed opinion.

Your statement many already abandon ship, unless backed by statistics cannot again be considered facts, but mere opinion.

If indeed you mean well, the way you go about targeting a particular segment trying to impress others that you are the expert speaking with authority will help little towards this cause.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, the pictures you have shown are observed facts; while others are mere opinions, in my views. The so called slants invited a couple of expressed opinions, whether in jest or otherwise. Only clarifications with Setia can separate facts (whether it is built as designed) from opinions.

If indeed these are defacts that need to be rectified, your conjecture that Setia will wash its hand should serve as caution. But until that happens, it is again expressed opinion.

Your statement many already abandon ship, unless backed by statistics cannot again be considered facts, but mere opinion.

If indeed you mean well, the way you go about targeting a particular segment trying to impress others that you are the expert speaking with authority will help little towards this cause.

Is okay. You dont have to believe what i say. Is merely my opinion. That is the purpose why i show some pics here. If you still believe SP Setia able to deliver, than just go ahead and wait for your dream home. We are here just sharing information which are useful to all forumers. We are not here just to say nice things to please a particular group of people.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one owner is likely to bang table.

Err....May I know what's wrong with the slant? So long that the foundation of the house does not go wrong, I see no issue on the slant at the car porch. If you see clearly, the slant goes smoothly from left to the right most of the picture which has little part of the last unit. Roads come with slant that will have problem? :smile:

Last edited:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is okay. You dont have to believe what i say. Is merely my opinion. That is the purpose why i show some pics here. If you still believe SP Setia able to deliver, than just go ahead and wait for your dream home. We are here just sharing information which are useful to all forumers. We are not here just to say nice things to please a particular group of people.

I am vested elsewhere, not in Setia houses. Frankly, if you take down your polaroid lenses, you will see more clearly. As I have stated in other threads, I do not intend to take sides, but merely trying to make the forums less antagonistic.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err....May I know what's wrong with the slant? So long that the foundation of the house does not go wrong, I see no issue on the slant at the car porch. If you see clearly, the slant goes smoothly from left to the right most of the picture which has little part of the last unit. Roads come with slant that will have problem? :smile:

Down slope is acceptable to me but not diagonal slope for car-porch.

On aesthetics, it makes the building look slanted and uncomfortable when you walk in from the gate. On safety, if the parking brake is not fully engaged or the driver careless forgets to step on the brake, the car will just roll. When the metal gate is installed, there will be a bigger gap at one side upon closing, which might allow intruders or strays to come in.

From the landed properties I have seen in MY and SG so far, all the car porches are either flat or slightly sloping down (to allow drainage and for some landed properties on higher ground), so this is really the first time I see a diagonal slope.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually is it not diagonal slope for car-porch. it looks like the houses built on the slope that didn't level the ground. BTW, it can be verified by setia.
Remembered, I got the slope drawing from seri austin before, bcoz houses are building on the slope.

Last edited:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am vested elsewhere, not in Setia houses. Frankly, if you take down your polaroid lenses, you will see more clearly. As I have stated in other threads, I do not intend to take sides, but merely trying to make the forums less antagonistic.

I understand. Thanks for sharing your view too. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Down slope is acceptable to me but not diagonal slope for car-porch.

On aesthetics, it makes the building look slanted and uncomfortable when you walk in from the gate. On safety, if the parking brake is not fully engaged or the driver careless forgets to step on the brake, the car will just roll. When the metal gate is installed, there will be a bigger gap at one side upon closing, which might allow intruders or strays to come in.

From the landed properties I have seen in MY and SG so far, all the car porches are either flat or slightly sloping down (to allow drainage and for some landed properties on higher ground), so this is really the first time I see a diagonal slope.

em..talk about car porch slope gradient lei. i got more things to say....BUT keep on the shelve 1st. :p

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The diagonal slanting is definitely not right. My house is also along a gradient road. If the gradient is steep, then the developer will build the ground lower after every 2 units, but definitely not slanting all the way. The car porch (front) should only be of very slight gradient to allow water to flow out of the house.