• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meet Singapore's first female Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
28107067%20-%2027_05_2013%20-%20elfire_0.jpg

As a young girl, she watched her granduncle get involved in local elections.

It was a sign of things to come.

Years later, she would be involved in six general elections of her own as a police officer and has now risen to become the highest-ranking female cop in Singapore.

The commander of the Police Training Command and Home Team Academy's deputy chief executive Zuraidah Abdullah was promoted to Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police in a ceremony last Wednesday. The appointment will take effect on June 1.

The trailblazer is also chairman of the Malay Heritage Foundation and a member of the National Heritage Board.

Married with three grown step-children, Madam Zuraidah told The New Paper that she does not have any children of her own.

Smiling like a proud parent as she gestured to the parade square outside the window, she said: "I already have 1,500 here."

Read the full report in The New Paper on Tuesday (May 28).

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cringe whenever i heard the term COP being used.
It's actually a slang. I dun know when along the way it became acceptable.

jw5

Loyal
Must add the word "Deputy" somewhere then more interesting.
If I tell you Senior Assistant Deputy is different from Senior Deputy Assistant, you believe or not?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there is a Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police, there must be a Assistant Commissioner and a Junior Assistant Commissioner of Police?

Above her rank is Junior Deputy Senior Assistant commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and Senior Deputy commissioner and then the Commissioner.

Soon to be introduced Senior Commissioner of Police and Mentor Commissioner of Police.

PAP is very good in creating jobs for its lackeys.