• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not quite...One World Medini new rendering is out...actual launch and construction should be 2016 (my own estimate). Singapore developer are slow compare to others.

oneworldmedini.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not quite...One World Medini new rendering is out...actual launch and construction should be 2016 (my own estimate). Singapore developer are slow compare to others.

View attachment 25004

Since mid 2015 there are hardly any new launch. It will be crazy to launch now. The developer might face LD if it cannot sell enough units to fund the construction, which will lead to delay of VP. It is safer to just sell away the land.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
FASTrack is to start this year.

"Phase 1 construction includes mainly the Motorsports related facilities such as the Formula 1 compliant 4.5 km race circuit, the 1.7km Go Kart Circuit, and other support buildings and facilities. The construction is expected to start in 2016, with partial completion around 2018. The full completion of Phase 1 is expected to be in 2022."

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent update!! Bravo!!

"Phase 1 construction includes mainly the Motorsports related facilities such as the Formula 1 compliant 4.5 km race circuit, the 1.7km Go Kart Circuit, and other support buildings and facilities. The construction is expected to start in 2016, with partial completion around 2018. The full completion of Phase 1 is expected to be in 2022."

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Fastrack or not I am simply very very contented to be driving along the highways near 2nd link and Coastal Highways.. and those B-roads along Pendas Laut and Gelang Patah. Life is simply good in Nusajaya ( I mean Iskandar Puteri )

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where did you get this information?

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/hub/urbanising-asia/riding-on-south-east-asias-growth

"The proximity of Singapore and Iskandar also provides the opportunity for companies to locate their business and manufacturing functions across both locations, and drive the development of complementary industries. These include companies in industries such as electronics, precision engineering, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food processing, and fast moving consumer goods - supported by efficient logistics & warehousing services."

"Analysts expect that Asean as a single economy could become the fourth largest economy in the world by 2030, behind only the United States and China."

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice video. Looks very impressive and nice. But seems to me like a very ambitious project! Really exciting if all these could come together.

Is it mentioned anywhere the timeline for them to complete all those buildings and projects?

The last I heard, Medini 6 & 7 are still empty and deserted? I can't confirm as I haven't been there.

[video=youtube;tlKPFbUVcBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tlKPFbUVcBQ[/video]

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the request of a friend, I decided to explore Medini again last Friday. I visited it last year but only caught glimpses of the various areas after being driven around.

I felt back then everything looked sparse and there were many condo constructions going on.

So on Friday, I decided to spend more time exploring. First stop was the "eating place" beside Legoland. That's the description I read on the Internet. I decided to explore it. It was quiet by Singapore's shopping centre standard or any major ones in Malaysia. It's only single storey. Looks a bit run down.

There are several eating places. I tried chicken rice set for some RM18+. I understand this is considered expensive to a normal Malaysian but cheap for Singaporeans. Disappointingly, the chicken meat given was little and there was lots of bone. Didn't taste nice also. It came with bean sprouts, drink and 2 pieces of "kway pie tee". Seriously, for S$4-5, I can get much tastier chicken rice set and in a larger portion, minus the drink and kway pie tee. That was already a big minus point for me. Food in Medini (JB!) is not necessarily cheaper or at least better than SG! To make matters worse, the whole restaurant smelt like toilet. Awful.

I walked further down and didn't see many shoppers. Just basically visitors who walked over from Legoland side I suppose. Some shops were even closed. To my big surprise, I later realize the place I was in is none other than Mall of Medini! It was a shock because I had seen the name of this centre being mentioned several times in property brochures, saying "Mall of Medini" is a short distance away. Truth be told, it is far from fantastic. I was expecting it to be some kind of several stories high shopping center.

Then I walked over to Gleneagles Medini. The hospital was so quiet! The Emergency area had only the counter lady and TV running but there were no patients! It didn't feel like an emergency area. I wonder who the hospital is catering to in general.

Upon further exploration, I saw lots and lots of condos under construction. Every turn and corner, you're bound to see construction clad in the common green covering. I saw a completed one, I think it was 1 Medini. It was very quiet. Hardly anyone there. Looking up, I saw lots of unoccupied units. You could tell because the lights were not fitted and you could see through empty bedrooms. At some areas, there are several condos being built clustered together.

What I found sorely missing are businesses. I don't know where they are which is much talked about in property brochures selling Medini as the next CBD. The whole place looks to me to be deserted. For sure, there are a lot more condos than business buildings. It's very disproportional.

There was also a lot of undeveloped land almost at every corner. Construction is progressing slowly probably because of financial issues or developers know that the market is bad now? Volt has a big signboard by the road but construction did not seem to have started yet.

Talking about roads, they were very empty. There are no proper bus stops or shelters. You can't walk like how we can in SG's heartlands or Orchard Road where there are lots of trees and covers.

As for schools, like the universities in Medini, I didn't see students there like we expect in SG. I wonder where they were.

To top off my visit, I decided to go to Imperia at PH. The condo also looked deserted. I rested outside and tried to observe. Hardly saw anyone coming in and out of the condo. Of the 2 I saw coming out in 30 minutes, I decided to take a peep, and as expected, they drove a Singapore-registered car. Another SG plate car was also parked nearby. The bottom row of shops in Imperia is ALL empty. Imperia I believe has been ready for several months. But there is not a single retail tenant at all!

After the short personal tour, no offence, but I seriously can't find reasons to think even 10 to 15 years will see Medini booming. Too much land, too many condos, too little business drive, no human traffic, no important infrastructure other than roads being built. Schools there are almost uninhabited.

Just my opinion. True when people say, go down to see for yourself. Don't trust the videos and brochures.

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/hub/urbanising-asia/riding-on-south-east-asias-growth

"The proximity of Singapore and Iskandar also provides the opportunity for companies to locate their business and manufacturing functions across both locations, and drive the development of complementary industries. These include companies in industries such as electronics, precision engineering, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food processing, and fast moving consumer goods - supported by efficient logistics & warehousing services."

"Analysts expect that Asean as a single economy could become the fourth largest economy in the world by 2030, behind only the United States and China."

If ASEAN main tenants play nice and get their act together, we will surely be a powerhouse but quite difficult as we are very fragmented with highly complicated political situation. Indo, Thai, PH and Viet are giants but they have a lot of internal problems and of course MY same story too. Indo-250+mil, TH-70+ mil, PH-100+mil, Viet-90+mil population with a growing middle class, looks promising but anything can happen.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your experience is similar to how I feel when I bought my first investment property in Singapore. Very quiet and literally no one. Went to the canteen to explore and the canteen stall holders outnumber the customers during lunchtime.

Now I got no place to sit during lunchtime the last I visit.

Its a 5 year gap by the way.

At the request of a friend, I decided to explore Medini again last Friday. I visited it last year but only caught glimpses of the various areas after being driven around.

I felt back then everything looked sparse and there were many condo constructions going on.

So on Friday, I decided to spend more time exploring. First stop was the "eating place" beside Legoland. That's the description I read on the Internet. I decided to explore it. It was quiet by Singapore's shopping centre standard or any major ones in Malaysia. It's only single storey. Looks a bit run down.

There are several eating places. I tried chicken rice set for some RM18+. I understand this is considered expensive to a normal Malaysian but cheap for Singaporeans. Disappointingly, the chicken meat given was little and there was lots of bone. Didn't taste nice also. It came with bean sprouts, drink and 2 pieces of "kway pie tee". Seriously, for S$4-5, I can get much tastier chicken rice set and in a larger portion, minus the drink and kway pie tee. That was already a big minus point for me. Food in Medini (JB!) is not necessarily cheaper or at least better than SG! To make matters worse, the whole restaurant smelt like toilet. Awful.

I walked further down and didn't see many shoppers. Just basically visitors who walked over from Legoland side I suppose. Some shops were even closed. To my big surprise, I later realize the place I was in is none other than Mall of Medini! It was a shock because I had seen the name of this centre being mentioned several times in property brochures, saying "Mall of Medini" is a short distance away. Truth be told, it is far from fantastic. I was expecting it to be some kind of several stories high shopping center.

Then I walked over to Gleneagles Medini. The hospital was so quiet! The Emergency area had only the counter lady and TV running but there were no patients! It didn't feel like an emergency area. I wonder who the hospital is catering to in general.

Upon further exploration, I saw lots and lots of condos under construction. Every turn and corner, you're bound to see construction clad in the common green covering. I saw a completed one, I think it was 1 Medini. It was very quiet. Hardly anyone there. Looking up, I saw lots of unoccupied units. You could tell because the lights were not fitted and you could see through empty bedrooms. At some areas, there are several condos being built clustered together.

What I found sorely missing are businesses. I don't know where they are which is much talked about in property brochures selling Medini as the next CBD. The whole place looks to me to be deserted. For sure, there are a lot more condos than business buildings. It's very disproportional.

There was also a lot of undeveloped land almost at every corner. Construction is progressing slowly probably because of financial issues or developers know that the market is bad now? Volt has a big signboard by the road but construction did not seem to have started yet.

Talking about roads, they were very empty. There are no proper bus stops or shelters. You can't walk like how we can in SG's heartlands or Orchard Road where there are lots of trees and covers.

As for schools, like the universities in Medini, I didn't see students there like we expect in SG. I wonder where they were.

To top off my visit, I decided to go to Imperia at PH. The condo also looked deserted. I rested outside and tried to observe. Hardly saw anyone coming in and out of the condo. Of the 2 I saw coming out in 30 minutes, I decided to take a peep, and as expected, they drove a Singapore-registered car. Another SG plate car was also parked nearby. The bottom row of shops in Imperia is ALL empty. Imperia I believe has been ready for several months. But there is not a single retail tenant at all!

After the short personal tour, no offence, but I seriously can't find reasons to think even 10 to 15 years will see Medini booming. Too much land, too many condos, too little business drive, no human traffic, no important infrastructure other than roads being built. Schools there are almost uninhabited.

Just my opinion. True when people say, go down to see for yourself. Don't trust the videos and brochures.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What this place need is for the heart to start beating. They already have leisure, medical, industrial, housing and education. All this is needed to have the heartbeat. The question now is when the heart will start beating? Short of a catastrophic cardiac arrest, I would say the heartbeat is coming soon, probably less than 2 years.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Retails for Imperia not handed over yet. They have different hand over dates unlike the residences. Anyway, it is only a handful.

2. Glenegales Hospital is know for super expensive and it is opened few months ago. Try Columbia Asia Hospital which is nearby and it is opened since 2010. It is a lot more busier. But these are private hospitals and costly. General public go to Sultan Aminah General Hospitals that cost only RM 2 for out patient treatment.

3. University of Reading opened its campus in Feb 2016. :smile:

4. Mall of Medini is actually a food court. Nothing more than that. Suggest you try to go during school holidays which start from last Saturday to this Sunday. Who would want to go to the theme park on the last day of school term which is last Friday?

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Retails for Imperia not handed over yet. They have different hand over dates unlike the residences. Anyway, it is only a handful.

2. Glenegales Hospital is know for super expensive and it is opened few months ago. Try Columbia Asia Hospital which is nearby and it is opened since 2010. It is a lot more busier. But these are private hospitals and costly. General public go to Sultan Aminah General Hospitals that cost only RM 2 for out patient treatment.

3. University of Reading opened its campus in Feb 2016. :smile:

4. Mall of Medini is actually a food court. Nothing more than that. Suggest you try to go during school holidays which start from last Saturday to this Sunday. Who would want to go to the theme park on the last day of school term which is last Friday?

TYPICALLY AREN'T WE,WE GO TOTALLY DIFFERENT PLACE AND EXPECT IT TO BE 'LIKE'SINGAPORE SINGAPORE.

IT TAKES TIME ,PERHAPS ABIT LONGER.

IF EVERY THING ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIKE SINGAPORE,WE SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT SINGAPORE BECAME SINGAPORE AFTER AWHILE.

TRUE MALAYSIANS ARE SLOWER IN ACTION,DONT ACTUALLY LIKE TO STRIVE OR WORK ABIT HARDER.But let's hope they will improve.If they become to effecient like us,over emphasise on perfection and everything rush rush,it will become a stressful society like Singapore.By then why bother to come over to stay jb