• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Schools in Iskandar

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also looking for school. Fees at Malborough college are expensive, even more ex than UWC in Singapore after conversion. Any other recommendation, pls share

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi - I've compiled a list, see below for list of schools and their contact details:

Fairview International / Kompleks Mutiara Johor Land, Jln Bukit Mutiara, Bandar Dato' Onn, 88100 JB Tel: +607-358 5385 / IB
Utama International JB / Jln Beringin, Melodies Garden, 80250 JB Tel: +607-334-7714, +607-334-7715 / IGCSE
Austin Heights International / No.2, Jalan Austin Heights 3/1, Taman Mount Austin, 81100 JB Tel:*+607-351 5000/ 351 3000/ 351 3003 / IGCSE
Marlborough College / Marlborough College Malaysia, PTD 100804, 79000 Nusajaya, Johor Bahru / IB
Tenby International School / (Setia Eco Gardens Sales Office), Pejabat Tapak, Lot 2110, K.M 5.5, Jalan Gelang Patah-Ulu Choh, 81550 Johor, Telephone: +6012 5050288 / IGSCE

And yes, Marlborough is very expensive. I'm more inclined towards an IB curriculum but keeping my options open so we visited Austin Heights - nice new campus but the parents briefing were a bit short on details and long on marketing speak. I am planning to visit Fairview perhaps next month.

Hope that helps.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi - I've compiled a list, see below for list of schools and their contact details:

Fairview International / Kompleks Mutiara Johor Land, Jln Bukit Mutiara, Bandar Dato' Onn, 88100 JB Tel: +607-358 5385 / IB
Utama International JB / Jln Beringin, Melodies Garden, 80250 JB Tel: +607-334-7714, +607-334-7715 / IGCSE
Austin Heights International / No.2, Jalan Austin Heights 3/1, Taman Mount Austin, 81100 JB Tel:*+607-351 5000/ 351 3000/ 351 3003 / IGCSE
Marlborough College / Marlborough College Malaysia, PTD 100804, 79000 Nusajaya, Johor Bahru / IB
Tenby International School / (Setia Eco Gardens Sales Office), Pejabat Tapak, Lot 2110, K.M 5.5, Jalan Gelang Patah-Ulu Choh, 81550 Johor, Telephone: +6012 5050288 / IGSCE

And yes, Marlborough is very expensive. I'm more inclined towards an IB curriculum but keeping my options open so we visited Austin Heights - nice new campus but the parents briefing were a bit short on details and long on marketing speak. I am planning to visit Fairview perhaps next month.

Hope that helps.

Hi Mummymoo

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps u can brief us after your visit to Fairfield? I have visited seri omega but that is so academic, no sports nothing and I didn't like the fact that the admission staff over emphasized on caning in school. I m a supporter of caning if kids need/deserve but that should not be the focus on how a child should be disciplined.

Already called Malborough, they will host a parents open house in September so I m looking forward to that.

Have you checked out raffles American school? From the website they are offering American curriculum and fees are halved of Malborough. They are having a new campus in 2014

Last edited:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mummymoo

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps u can brief us after your visit to Fairfield? I have visited seri omega but that is so academic, no sports nothing and I didn't like the fact that the admission staff over emphasized on caning in school. I m a supporter of caning if kids need/deserve but that should not be the focus on how a child should be disciplined.

Already called Malborough, they will host a parents open house in September so I m looking forward to that.

Have you checked out raffles American school? From the website they are offering American curriculum and fees are halved of Malborough. They are having a new campus in 2014

Will be happy to share what I find out about Fairview after my visit. I have removed Marlborough from my shortlist simply because it is way above my budget.

I'm not too keen on the American curriculum - just a personal bias :smile: Did you speak to the school administrator?

What is the campus like at Seri Omega? Is this the school that is in a colonial bungalow? Caning students is their mode of discipline?? Gosh, which school does that anymore??

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Marlborough school a boarding school? If yes, is worthy if both parents are busy with their careers. Can put the children in the school, everything is taken care of, from school, meals, accommodation , discipline , etc.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whats theprice difference between Marlborough and the rest?

Seems really expensive....

For senior school (year 11) something like our sec 4 without boarding is RM81,090. This is only for school year 2013/2014. Fairfield for similar grade 11 is RM51k

UWC in Singapore for grade 11 is less than SGD33k per year

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Marlborough school a boarding school? If yes, is worthy if both parents are busy with their careers. Can put the children in the school, everything is taken care of, from school, meals, accommodation , discipline , etc.

Errr...not for me. I have to see and play with my kids everyday :smile: My eldest will be off to uni in a years' time and just thinking of that makes me weepy :/

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
For senior school (year 11) something like our sec 4 without boarding is RM81,090. This is only for school year 2013/2014. Fairfield for similar grade 11 is RM51k

UWC in Singapore for grade 11 is less than SGD33k per year

Fairview, not Fairfied :wink:

Icebaby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Checked out some of the international schools, fees greatly varies.. Of course their standard varies a lot too. Maybe I should just sent them to Singapore daily for school..

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Checked out some of the international schools, fees greatly varies.. Of course their standard varies a lot too. Maybe I should just sent them to Singapore daily for school..

Hi Icebaby - Which schools have you visited and pls share with us your benchmark when determining the school's standards?

Icebaby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have yet to visit any of these schools personally as we still have 3 more years before the big move. Gathering information through different platforms. . Read through expats' forums and their official websites. So far, only Marlborough school looks the most decent but gosh ..they are sooooo expensive. Rm35000 per term for grade 1 :eek:I have a pair of twins, beyond our budget. The rest, even though they claim to be international school however when I went through their curriculum, either they are very vague or just lousy. Teaching staff, most schools only have local teachers. It's not that local teachers are not good but I'm just worried that they might not be familiar with international standard as most are educated locally. And these so called international schools are not cheap too, abt rm6000 per term .

Have also consider sending them to a local Chinese school as Chinese schools in malaysia are actually highly regarded . Most locals feel that the Chinese schools have better standard than their national schools. My hubby worries that they might not be able to catch up as we want them to sit for their PSLE in the future.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have also consider sending them to a local Chinese school as Chinese schools in malaysia are actually highly regarded . Most locals feel that the Chinese schools have better standard than their national schools. My hubby worries that they might not be able to catch up as we want them to sit for their PSLE in the future.

Yeah, I broke into cold sweat when I saw what Marlborough is charging. Way out of my budget, too.

So just to share what I know...I checked with MOE recently because I wanted to be sure what I needed to do to notify MOE as I plan to move my child to an international after PSLE. MOE indicated that it is mandatory for Singaporean children to complete their primary school and undertake PSLE but past that point, I can enrol my child anywhere I want (I'm paraphrasing of course :smile:). What's not clear is if the child needs to be in a local primary school...maybe you want to get MOE to clarify that for you? And yes, I've heard that the Malaysian Chinese schools tend to have higher standards than the national schools.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone's interested, Fairview International is having an open house this Sat. I'll be checking the school out with my family.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whats theprice difference between Marlborough and the rest?

Seems really expensive....

Its a no brainer.

Pay the asking price and you get to send your kid to a branded UK school more renown worldwide than any of SGP's elite schools and without the PSLE stress.
Free bragging rights as having attended the same school as future Queen of England and maybe bag a royal himself/herself.

Also if yr kid is born before May, he will complete private school earlier than his peers back in SG.

Last edited: