• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hooliganism in Singapore

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they should install 2 horns in taxis machiam cars.........one 'polite' one and another the blasting one..........like that can prevent misunderstanding

bro narong you had tuayapeh LOFL with that suggestion..... albeit a very good one bro!!!!

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most cars have 2 horns nowadays........i think that is the actual purpose of the horns too.
So taxis should have as well.

yeah...tuayapeh needs a horn that blasts"nabueh cheebye gan jit pi" or simply "get the fuck out of my way cunt"........

heeheehee

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In thailand drivers honk their horns when they drive pass some temple or shrine........this is replacement gesture for a 'wai'.......because if you take both hands off the steering wheel to perform a 'wai' is dangerous.

Oh yes I forgot about this. This type of honking include sacred trees
too.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Cannot read, need membership. You have access? Cut and paste here?

A commercial airline pilot was shot and injured in an apparent road rage incident near Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday night.
getimage.aspx

Poolwit Ruengdech, a Thai Airways captain, shows the bandaged wound from a gunshot fired at him on the motorway near Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday night.

The Thai Airways flight captain, Poolwit Ruengdech, was driving to work when shots were fired at him on the motorway leading to the airport.

Mr Poolwit was hit in the left shoulder, Pol Col Thienchai Kamapaso, superintendent of Prawet police station, said.

He was treated at Samitivej Srinakarin hospital and is in a stable condition.

Pol Col Thienchai said Mr Poolwit, 53, was scheduled to pilot a flight to Athens that night.

At 10pm, he was passing the Thab Chang section on the motorway when a white Toyota Fortuner came up behind his BMW.

The Fortuner’s lights were on high beam and were so bright he could not see the vehicle’s reflection in his rear-view mirror.

Mr Poolwit moved into the left lane to allow the Fortuner to overtake him and flashed his headlights to alert the driver that its headlights were too bright.

He then overtook the Fortuner because he was in a hurry to get to the airport.

Police said the Fortuner tailgated him, flashed its headlights repeatedly and then drove to the left side of his car.

The pilot said a red beam from what appeared to be a laser-guided firearm was aimed at him.

The Fortuner then slowed down and tucked in behind his car.

Mr Poolwit said he heard multiple gunshots.

His car windows were shattered and a shot hit him in the left shoulder.

‘‘The driver came after me and fired at least seven more shots,’’ Mr Poolwit told police.

He said he tried to evade the Fortuner which continued to follow him. He made a quick decision to pull off the motorway and drove to the aviation operations centre at the Suvarnabhumi airport to find help.

Pol Col Thienchai said the road rage almost certainly was provoked by the flashing of Mr Poolwit’s headlights.

Police are checking footage of a surveillance camera installed at Lat Krabang toll gate.

The firearm used to shoot Mr Poolwit is believed to be an automatic weapon.

Pol Col Anat Kledmanee, deputy chief of the Metropolitan Police Division 4, said the Fortuner headed in the direction of Chon Buri after the shots were fired.

He said it would be difficult to trace the Fortuner as it carried a red licence plate, the temporary plate fitted to new cars before they are registered with the Land Transport Department.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
taxi driver must have interrupted an high level SS meeting.......those 2 buggers must be the old SS headman's bodyguards.....singapore so lawless now?

pity the taxi drivers from both sides.......hard to make a living nowadays.

SS stands for Stupid Sinkies?

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro I beg to differ and please allow me to clarify.

In Thailand even how bad the traffic or situation Thais will restrain themselves from horn unless really emergency they may just tap the horn as warning. Thais are well know to be very "kraeng-jai" meaning "respect another person and do not wish to embarrass the other person". This applies to high-beam flashing too. So on Thailand roads you can hardly hear anyone sounding their horn.

Of course when I say "kraeng-jai" it is only one side of the story the other side is the ugly side - very often one will read news or watch news where people are shot on the roads and many of these incidents started with horn and flashing. One incident that caught many people's attention involves a Thai Airways pilot when he was shot and survived. The link is here http://bangkokpost.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Vietnamese can't drive without pressing on the horn!

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You people should learn from my type, 5,000 years history had taught us to think out of the box

[video=youtube;bjze9LNRzJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjze9LNRzJ0[/video]