• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Chilli Crab/Frog Porridge in town?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi everyone,

does anyone know where to have best chilli crab/frog porridge in town? budget price and taste nice.
hopefully location and estimate price included.

thanks
no faith:smile:

jw5

Loyal
Geylang lor 9 for frog legs and Blk 232 Ang Mo Kio for crabs...

Geylang Lor 9 is it the same coffee shop that also has an oar luak stall?
I've tried the frog porridge there before, is not bad.
Another place is a coffee shop near chinatown area.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, me also looking at this chinatown frog porridge. is it in the hawker centre?

If I am not wrong the frog legs in Chinatown is call 长城.. the frog legs very tasty too... Not the hawker.. is a coffee shop...

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks. price-wise?
how many people? porridge $30 for 2 and crabs around $50 per kilo

Geylang Lor 9 is it the same coffee shop that also has an oar luak stall?
I've tried the frog porridge there before, is not bad.
Another place is a coffee shop near chinatown area.
Lor 9 used to the THE place.........somehow kena whack down by its competitions liao.......used to have branches at TPY lor 8 and Tampines St 80+

bro, me also looking at this chinatown frog porridge. is it in the hawker centre?

chinatown one (greatwall) now run by PRCs........standard like shit....avoid at all cost.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am not wrong the frog legs in Chinatown is call 长城.. the frog legs very tasty too... Not the hawker.. is a coffee shop...

CMI liao since over run by PRCs........anyway they were never famous for their frog porridge........they jumped on the band wagon selling this dish much later.....famous more for their other porridge.

Eminent frog porridge also better than them anytime

jw5

Loyal

It's a coffee shop, not inside the hawker centre but quite near the hawker centre. The signboard pictures are very prominent.
The hawker centre may have some stalls as well, but never tried. The hawker centre is more famous for claypot rice.
I think Yingge's post above has the name.

jw5

Loyal
CMI liao since over run by PRCs........anyway they were never famous for their frog porridge........they jumped on the band wagon selling this dish much later.....famous more for their other porridge.

Never went there for some time liao, last time I went, it was still quite ok.
But usually the gravy is very thick, the ginger taste very strong, hard to be discerning about the taste also..............

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
very subjective. some people like chili crabs that has a certain sweetness, certain thickness in gravy etc.. personally i think amk 4013 kian seng chili crab is nice and cheap..

frog legs, i would choose Lorong 9.. the lorong 3 sinma is appealing of the 3+2 deal.. donno still on or not, the deal..

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yeah, the Eminent one tastes better. But at $10 for a one person set, quite ex. Nonetheless, i love their kung pow chilli version! :biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any east or north-east area are for chilli crab?
how about the no signboard in geylang? heard kana chop carrot head?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any east or north-east area are for chilli crab?
how about the no signboard in geylang? heard kana chop carrot head?

if need to please everyone go to either palm beach, long beach, punggol seafood for chilli crabs.......can't go wrong.....maintain standard one.
Palm Beach is also the inventor of chilli crabs

Last edited: