• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP MP Zainudin did not serve NS. Why?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Potential GMS response to revelations about Zainuddin:

'On "gang rape" remark - Just because no WP MP made this remark doesn't mean none of them thought about it, and since they might well have thought of it, WP is no better than PAP. In fact, it would make them worse, because they made a promise to deliver a First World Parliament and now they are as stinky as the PAP, even if they are not brave enough to say it.'

'On not serving NS - WP MPs are no better. Did Sylvia Lim serve NS? CSM might have served NS but he served it as an officer and not as a CSM as his name would have required him to. This is really stinky of WP and all you diehard blind WP supporters to point fingers at Zainuddin when WP has not cleaned up his house.

'Sama sama lah.'

wow goh meng seng no issues with this pap mp gang rape talk.

if this is from wp mp this goh ms pap agent would not shut his gap.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
May be, but may be not.

Muslims vis-à-vis the conflict which they may have to resolve, if there is actual combat.

However, even just a few years before me, the SAF experimented with "Malay Platoons", and enlisted Muslim Malays into 1 SMC, and there were several who were commissioned in Oct 1975. One schoolmate of mine (3 SMC) was commissioned, and was a Platoon Commander at the then 2 SIR.

When I was in SATO, they assigned NSF Malay platoon(s) from 4 SIR to me, and I was impressed with those soldiers and their performance.

Charlie one thing I really cannot understand till this day is the discrimination of Malays in SAF because I simply don't buy LKY's statements about the machine gun thingy. What's the big fuck fuss all about? We're all Singaporeans aren't we?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have any of you considered he might be a new citizen 1st gen sinkie so no NS?
Malay new citizen in Singapore?
A mythical creature like unicorn and Bigfoot.

There is one Malay chap around Zainuddin's age I know who did not serve because he wasn't called up. And no, he is not an only child/son.

Not a bed of roses though. Every job ad that appeared require applicant to have completed NS.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From day 1 of NS, there were Malays serving in the SAF. There were Malay commissioned officers and there were even Malay platoons. These things have carried on unabated. The only exceptions were sensitive units such as Air Force, Navy and Armour etc. Eventually some of these barriers came down.

In the old days, if your parents or you were born in Malaysia even if you were Chinese or Indians, you could not be posted to SAF or if you were it was not in a sensitive area. The Malays naturally formed the bulk. In addition if your family ties could be traced and the link broke off after it entered Malaysia you were also affected.

Those whose families were associated with pro-communists were also not called up. Again Chinese and Indians as well.

The govt's line is that Malays who are in sensitive positions carry a huge responsibility on their shoulders and to avoid putting them in that position, those directives were made.

Even today, a jew travelling to Israel and seeking work in a sensitive position in Canada, Australia, US, UK , ANZ are carefully screened and many are rejected without being told why. Its pretty much common sense.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Malays were just never called up and never given an exemption cert. Hence the limbo they were in. It didn't matter so much if they qualified for further studies; it was those who had to look for jobs that had problems.

But these were before Zainuddin's time. By his time, Malays were almost universally called up, if not for the army, then for SPF or the Construction Battalion which later became part of SCDF.

Not really....when you are exempted there is a cert....so apply job with that cert can liao.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many were not called up till the 80s. Even those who were liberal and westernised and attended schools such as ACS / ACJC not called up. They even went to the Uni.

The PAP were very silly as these ended up feeling disenfranchised.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand the concept of exemption for certain citizens based on "in the interests of national security" but in the early 1980s, my recollection was that enlistment was virtually universal, irrespective of your race.

Let's assume Zainudin was exempt from NS because of this. I would ask the question, why has he been an MP for Bishan Toa Payoh since 2001 and presumably a member of the PAP for even longer?

Why are the due diligence checks undertaken by the government and Mindef so widely disparate?
Why does the government exempt an 18 year old from NS because he is potentially seen as a national security risk but 20 years later consider that same person to be worthy of being an MP in a GRC and part of the ruling elite?
Even if it were an administrative oversight by Mindef/CMPB (a very unlikely scenario) not serving NS without a valid reason would have caused him problems later in his life but it doesn't seem to have affected his career path in the slightest.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
MP is not a sensitive post. Anyone who meet the criteria to stand as candidate can take up the post if he wins. If you look at the requirements it is quite basic. Being an MP does not qualify you to obtain the highest clearance or even couple of rungs down.

Anyway in 1991 the AMP revolted and the compromise is that all Malay MPs must be agreed by both sides. He was one of those probably put forward by AMP. AMP despite claiming to be apolitical is more political than most. Many of its members never saw NS despite doing well academically. The angst is still there.

I understand the concept of exemption for certain citizens based on "in the interests of national security" but in the early 1980s, my recollection was that enlistment was virtually universal, irrespective of your race.

Let's assume Zainudin was exempt from NS because of this. I would ask the question, why has he been an MP for Bishan Toa Payoh since 2001 and presumably a member of the PAP for even longer?

Why are the due diligence checks undertaken by the government and Mindef so widely disparate?
Why does the government exempt an 18 year old from NS because he is potentially seen as a national security risk but 20 years later consider that same person to be worthy of being an MP in a GRC and part of the ruling elite?
Even if it were an administrative oversight by Mindef/CMPB (a very unlikely scenario) not serving NS without a valid reason would have caused him problems later in his life but it doesn't seem to have affected his career path in the slightest.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MP is not a sensitive post. Anyone who meet the criteria to stand as candidate can take up the post if he wins. If you look at the requirements it is quite basic. Being an MP does not qualify you to obtain the highest clearance or even couple of rungs down.

Anyway in 1991 the AMP revolted and the compromise is that all Malay MPs must be agreed by both sides. He was one of those probably put forward by AMP. AMP despite claiming to be apolitical is more political than most. Many of its members never saw NS despite doing well academically. The angst is still there.

In other words, it is flip , flop, flip, flop...to their advantage, while we lesser mortals, have to be patriotic & serve right?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NS is national slavery.
Since gangbang mat was never a slave, he is picked to be a master.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap mp zainudin nordin did not serve his national service?

http://therealsingapore.com/content/pap-mp-zainudin-nordin-did-not-serve-his-national-service

Hello The Real Singapore,

I was just reading up about the PAP MP that said that Democracy is Gang Rape in action and realized that his qualifications profile does not have a 2 year gap that most other MPs have. Is it possible that this MP has skipped National Service? Below is his qualifications and year of which it was completed.

While his other Malay contemporaries served their NS. Mr Nordin deleted all questions regarding his lack of NS on his Facebook wall and subsequently banned me from posting. It seems he doesn't want people digging too much into his past. This is in line with PAP's desire to have unquestioning obedience among citizens.

He was born in July 1963. If he enlists at 16 1/2, that would mean an early enlistment of early 1980. His ROD should be in early 1982. Instead he started his JC education in 1981.

And most important of all, back in those days I don't think there was such thing as early enlistment.

Quote:

Educational Qualifications
1970-1975 PSLE (Tanglin Primary School)
1976-1979 GCE 'O' Level (Tanglin Technical School)
1981-1982 GCE 'A' Level (Jurong Junior College)
1983-1985 Diploma in Electronic Engineering (French-Singapore Institute)
1986-1990 Diploma d'Ingenieur (equivalent to MSc) (E.S.I.E.E., France)

Let's do some comparisons with other MPs

All the MP here has a 2 or 3 years gap between their A' levels and University education.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Pap mp zainudin nordin did not serve his national service?

already confirmed by the mat gangbanger he did not serve NS.......the 2 missing years if why? must CSI.......sabbatical years? Maybe spent in boy's home......

razzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This begs the question why never call up? He special sperm? Exempted from NS...it's every sinkie male's dream....
Did he Keng medical? Was his family connected?
His time should be either full time NS or part-time police

Could be a birth defect. Most likely born with one testicle or lopsided testicles.

FrenFish

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://therealsingapore.com/content/pap-mp-zainudin-nordin-did-not-serve-his-national-service

Quote:

Educational Qualifications
1970-1975 PSLE (Tanglin Primary School)
1976-1979 GCE 'O' Level (Tanglin Technical School)
1981-1982 GCE 'A' Level (Jurong Junior College)
1983-1985 Diploma in Electronic Engineering (French-Singapore Institute)
1986-1990 Diploma d'Ingenieur (equivalent to MSc) (E.S.I.E.E., France)

Let's do some comparisons with other MPs

All the MP here has a 2 or 3 years gap between their A' levels and University education.

This type qualifications at most can earn 3k in the outside corp world. This m&d is really a lucky chap. His race actually turn into an advantage for him. Token m&d in grc.

His lack of education explains how he can quote that type of post. Typical brainless m&d.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thats why the pap pays him handsomely to stay the village idiot that he is and play the proverbial guitar whilst realacking in one rich and overpaid corner....

Dont raise too many community issues or stir up the problems about the marginalised malays in sinkie society.....

There is already someone (stupid) "speaking" up for them.........