• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shane Todd's murder cover-up

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Parents of US scientist hit out at Singapore police

AFP
Wednesday, May 15, 2013

SINGAPORE - The parents of a US high-tech researcher found hanged last year in Singapore accused local police on Wednesday of failing to preserve evidence and insisted their son was murdered.

The inquest into the death last year of electronics engineer Shane Todd took an emotional turn on its third day after police staged a detailed re-enactment of his apparent suicide using an improvised noose in his own bedroom.

"What we have been discovering is evidence that we cannot rely on. It has been moved, it has not been preserved," his father Rick Todd, 58, an airline pilot, told reporters.

The session was abruptly halted for the day after the late scientist's mother Mary Todd, 57, broke down at the end of two hours of testimony by a Singapore forensic scientist who did extensive simulations of the hanging.

The couple are in Singapore to testify at the inquest. They allege their 31-year-old son was murdered because of his work for a Singapore institute with alleged links to a Chinese telecom firm accused of involvement in espionage.

Mary Todd, a Christian pastor, told reporters that Singapore authorities were neglecting evidence the family had gathered to show that there were multiple DNA strains on a towel and strap found around Shane's neck.

"Why are they not looking into the fact that all these things add up to murder and not suicide?" she said, sobbing outside a courthouse.

She also took issue with the fact that the noose suspending her son's body from a bathroom door was cut and the body laid out on the floor before forensic experts arrived. Police said it was standard procedure.

"I am very, very disappointed in the process and I want the truth to be known here in Singapore," the mother said.

"We came to Singapore to find out the truth and we were told that the (government) and our team would work as a team to find the truth, that they are not adversarial. Yet they are only looking at suicide."

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Obama is silent on this issue. We have parent's claim vs. so-called lousy Singapore government and police. What if Shane Todd wasnt American?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's say Shane Todd was murdered, coroner aside

Why is the US still sending military ships to Singapore? Why is there no news of sanctions against Singapore? Why is there no more condemnation by Obama? Why not have heavy-handed FBI/CIA involvement to show SPF is a liar?

So WWOD--what would Obama do? believe the parents? Condemn Singapore? Invade?

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Let's say Shane Todd was murdered, coroner aside

why why why!

the sky is so high, you were born on July?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should be glad that they're ang moh. If a similar thing happened to a Sinkie and his parents demand answers, the PAP govt would tell the parents to fuck off - there would be no hearing at all.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should be glad that they're ang moh. If a similar thing happened to a Sinkie and his parents demand answers, the PAP govt would tell the parents to fuck off - there would be no hearing at all.

If that happened to any other world citizen besides an American, it wont even be news. or SPF bothering at all. Only Americans get such treatment. Not even the Queen.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that happened to any other world citizen besides an American, it wont even be news. or SPF bothering at all. Only Americans get such treatment. Not even the Queen.

I find these americans amongst the most arrogant and racist poeple ever. I don't understand why the local garmen ever put with these shitty people. All the evidence points towards suicide. Huawei and the SPF should sue these @ssholes for libel and slander. these stupid people logic is unfathomable. if the cops cut the rope , it is std procedure to find if the guy is dead or alive as nobody knows how long he has ben hanging. if you don't cut the rope and wait till the coroner comes, they would turn around and say their son was killed by the SPF as he was probably alive and the delay in cutting him down killed him. you can't argue with these @ssholes. granted they are in a state of denial but grow up and stop harping on consppiracy when there is none. It is as if the son was working on some top secret project. with such irrational parents I find it little wonder why he decide to kill himself. otehr people DNA on the rope? gimme a break. if you buy a rope from supermarket it would contain the sweat and dead cells from multiple people in contact ie from the palms of the cashier, storekeeper, stockist, his grilfriend etc. only some stupid hitmen would forget to wipe the rope and intentionally leave his DNA behind.
all stupid conjectures, hypothetical reasonings put forward. they forgot anotehr conjecture. maybe it was the CIAFBIwho killed him to make the chinese look bad. maybe the parents where in cahoot.
these poeple are making singapore, SPF and we asians look like dumb fools and the more SPF and the media play the game their way, we would end up looking amateurish and stupid because of these unreasonable people. Frankly I salute poeple like North Korea Kim or China Hu Jintao or even Malaysia Mahathir who would tell these craps to f@rk off. seen too many of these poeple in US when I was there. they think the whole universe revolves around them and unfortunately these type are quite common over there. On the other hand they cannot even solve JFK murder when there is a definite conspiracy and yet talk cock when there is none. sick of their whining day in and day out.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why is the US still sending military ships to Singapore? Why is there no news of sanctions against Singapore? Why is there no more condemnation by Obama? Why not have heavy-handed FBI/CIA involvement to show SPF is a liar?

you don't derail decade-old strategic, security and military relationships just because one citizen meets a tragic end, and the verdict is still inconclusive. even if verdict points to sg incompetence or busted collaboration between sg and prc to "steal" american tech, it will only be a diplomatic slap of the wrist, but strategic relationship will continue as the greater picture is more important than a speck of improprietary or momentary mistake, if any. while it's business as usual (bau) on the surface (no pun intended), other intell agencies are busy at work analyzing impacts of possible industrial espionage of critical technologies by the prc. the prc is known to "steal" critical technologies on all fronts, including online means and not just through their sophisticated network of industrial and r&d partnerships via proxy companies such as huawei.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Alamak ...US system is different lah ...Obama is the administration ...he can't pass laws ...Congress is the legislative body and it passes laws. Both legs have their own powers but no one is more powerful than the other in every areas.
Obama may have closed an eye on this but congressman and senators have not. It is the latter that is seeking answers.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all respects due to their deceased son, I think the parents just watched too much CSI and/or are going for their 15 seconds of limelight (as most Americans aspire for)..

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With all respects due to their deceased son, I think the parents just watched too much CSI and/or are going for their 15 seconds of limelight (as most Americans aspire for)..

Why do you believe everything the PAP government tells you?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
These people came here and now must have been taken aback by the forensic efficiency and meticulousness with which the State has conducted its investigations.
So much so that the only thing they can say is that their son's body should have been left hanging in order to preserve the evidence. Pathetic people!
Only the foreign news outlets, in search of a good conspiracy story, will continue to indulge this family's fantasy. However, I would not be surprised if the FT, a more reputable paper, is now regretting having put together that initial story whose contents relied heavily on what the parents said.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a wester superpower demand answers... Being a tiny red dot, we need to lower down our heads to pay tribute to their leaders! Our foreign minister fly there to seek clarification...

Proud to be a Sinkie!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have to agree with you comments about these americans. I never liked them.

They believe so much in themselves and their point of view until it sound stupid at times. I will never admit that my kid had committed suicide if the amount of insurance payout depends on the verdict. Some companies dun pay if sucide cases or pay very little. Or it could be that the family is still in the "denial stage" of dealing with the loss. It is just a psychological stage that people will go through when their love ones die. They are just trying to lessen their own guilt that they did not detect the change or unhappiness in their son which resulted in the suicide. They will pushing the blame because they need someone to take it for them. Sadly, it is the police who were dealing with the case.

I find these americans amongst the most arrogant and racist poeple ever.

IamTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTH, then they prefer they leave the body hanging there for a few days till they come down and satisfied?

meUlndRcSUWcIhg9lLP-d4w.jpg

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is laughable the way the maggots in white getting their fucking stooges here to try to whip up
sinkies against USA pride. That sinkies should not be bullied by USA

WE THE SINKIES HAVE BEEN BULLIED AND SCREWED AND FUCKED SO MANY TIMES REPEATEDLY BY THE PAP REGIME THAT WE KNOW
THE FUCKING REGIME HERE ACTED ONLY FOR THEMSELVES AND NOT FOR SINGAPORE.

IT IS SO SHIOK TO SEE PAP AND DOGGIES AND ALL PAP ASSOCIATED BASTARDS HAVE NO FUCKING POWER AND CAN, AND WILL BE FUCKED SILLY

HANG ALL ACCESSORIES TO SHANE TODD MURDER
THOSE COVERING UP, THOSE TRYING TO COVER UP.
SEND THEM TO EAT JOSS STICKS AND CANDLE WAX