• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP apologises for using quote that included sensitive words

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/mp-zainudin-draws-flak-for-posting-%E2%80%98offensive%E2%80%99-quote---093144145.html

The above story is very very funny.

First, the MP quoted something that he thought was good.. that he beileve, would let ppl think about what democracy should be all about.. this is what I think he had intended the quote to generate.

However, given the quite recent gang-rape cases in India.. which caused so much attention world-wide.. and more importantly, the fact that the victim could not be saved in a Singapore hospital.. he should have used some tact in puting across his thoughts and not put that word out onto his FB account. I mean, how can you associate an act of crim with democracy? That seems ridiculous in the first place!

Do criminals or rapists gather and vote on who they would want to grab off the streets to attack? I seriously think he has misunderstood the meaning of the word entirely!

Check out wiki's site on the word -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

Rule of the people is the more correct meaning, if you read the above link.

And a general definition of democracy is "A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives."

So.. is gang-rape a system of government by the whole population of a nation? OMG.. is that y such crimes exist in ah neh country? I mean.. if what is taken off from the quote is supposed to be saying.. then.. I better not go further.. lest the rich send me lawyers letters for supposedly defamatory remarks.. I'm just thinking out loud on what the quote is saying.. for this MP has said he only took the quote and put it up.. it's not from him specifically..

But on the topic of sending lawyers letters.. how high handed can MPs be? If ppl caught your fault or insensitivity.. you want to sue?

Be more gracious and magnanimous! Since you already apologised, then go one more step further to show that you can smile when ppl point out to you your mistakes. Be more matured, be more gracious, be more tactful.. and better read and think through more or even discuss with someone before you post something for you are a PUBLIC FIGURE.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you try to be too smart handling abstract concepts and throw out what you think is profound and sophisticated notions, you are bound to get egg on your face. The audacity of this man preaching about democracy when he got via a GRC.

He should instead focus on his own community which is beseeched by promiscuity, underaged sex, instead preaching about gang rape and what not.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think even in terms of m&d standards, he must be one of the dumber ones.

wonder what his minah thinks about her abang's idiocy.

bodoh m&d

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
just throw him into the MIW line-ups in Aljunied GRC for the next GE :p:p:p

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What does "I have personally not served NS" means? Did someone serve on his behalf? have not served means have not served. what is personally not served?

942777_450057665079385_1248963248_n.jpg

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What does "I have personally not served NS" means? Did someone serve on his behalf? have not served means have not served. what is personally not served?

It means he is the bumiputra of SINgapore, we serve NS on his behalf!

HonestAli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this m&d for real?

Never serve NS but strong believer of its vital importance. Who is he to say that if he have never experience even 1 day of NS.

I have served my 2 years of NS. I can say with conviction NS is a waste of time.

hungryboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
He finally apologized. Made me wait for one whole weekend before his superior knocked some sense and forced him to do so.