• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anyone know where to buy de ionised water

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
i need 1 liter of de ionised water for cleaning my contamined presion probe.
any one know wher can i buy it?

is de ionised water = battery water?
any bio guy can help?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No, battery water is (usually) aqueous sulfuric(VI) acid, H2SO4(aq).

All batteries are Galvanic/Voltaic cells which require a conducting solution (ie. electrolyte) to generate electricity. Cars use the lead-acid battery. At the anode, Pb(s) is oxidized to PbSO4(s). At the cathode, PbO2(s) is reduced to PbSO4(s). The lead-acid battery is rechargeable (ie. called a secondary cell) because the PbSO4(s) generated remains in contact with both electrodes. Finally, a battery is actually a series of Galvanic/Voltaic cells.

More info :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead–acid_battery

--------------------------

Deionized water is water with (almost) all ions removed, with the use of various deionizing technologies.

Theoretically and ideally, both deionized water and distilled water = pure water.

But in practice, because the deionization process and the distillation process are different, there will inevitably be some impurities in both, hence neither deionized water not distilled water, is truly 100% pure water.

For more info :
http://www.distilleddeionizedwater.com/deionized-water-vs-distilled-water/

-------------------------

Having said all that, sorry I do not know where/who/which company in Singapore is a reliable source of either deionized water or distilled water.

Anyone know where TS can buy deionized / distilled water for cleaning his "presion probe"?

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look for drinking distilled water look up supermarket shelf among rows of mineral water

singham

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, so you are chemical trained and i am electronic and IT trained, i think we can start a science club like what we have in the old school days...:cool::biggrin:

No, battery water is (usually) aqueous sulfuric(VI) acid, H2SO4(aq).

All batteries are Galvanic/Voltaic cells which require a conducting solution (ie. electrolyte) to generate electricity. Cars use the lead-acid battery. At the anode, Pb(s) is oxidized to PbSO4(s). At the cathode, PbO2(s) is reduced to PbSO4(s). The lead-acid battery is rechargeable (ie. called a secondary cell) because the PbSO4(s) generated remains in contact with both electrodes. Finally, a battery is actually a series of Galvanic/Voltaic cells.

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look for drinking distilled water look up supermarket shelf among rows of mineral water

no.the manual put WARNING!

only soak sensor in de ionised water in NO more than a minute

i understand that distill water is near to pure..with minerals remove?

Last edited: