• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you happen to find an iphone ........

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it an offence if you happen to find an iphone and use it for your own use ?

What if the original owner lodge a police report with its imei number ?

And how do one crack the password lock ? just plug it into the computer and reset settings ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyway, apple has imposed on mobile operators to insert app auth to render iphone useless after 5 attempts of sim or mobile number change.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyway, apple has imposed on mobile operators to insert app auth to render iphone useless after 5 attempts of sim or mobile number change.

what do you mean by 5 attempts of changing number?

I mean some guys with iphones have a few sim card numbers lying around so if he has more than 5 and changes them frequently his phone just goes kaput?

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal

And how do one crack the password lock ? just plug it into the computer and reset settings ?

ok after some research i now know how to crack the password using gecko iphone toolkit.

so is it safe to use or one day will police knock on my door and bring me back to lim kopi and ask the phone to be returned ?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
na beh you mean TS doesn't know there's such an app where you can log into icloud and locate your missing phone and also take pics from the front camera?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean some guys with iphones have a few sim card numbers lying around so if he has more than 5 and changes them frequently his phone just goes kaput?

not totally out as it's still usable on wi-fi. however, for complying operators, app auth will stop it being usable for cellular 3g and 4g networks after 5 reincarnations.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've lost an iPhone before and I've lost a few other mobile phones before too. For me I will do my best to return a found phone regardless of model or brands because I know how lousy it feels if lost and also how great it feels when someone returns.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've lost an iPhone before and I've lost a few other mobile phones before too. For me I will do my best to return a found phone regardless of model or brands because I know how lousy it feels if lost and also how great it feels when someone returns.

Next time if you need to lose your phone, lose it when I'm around please :p

tomahawk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are u asking for tips having found one?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember to switch off the iPhone, when found, I think you people know how right?? Remove the SIM card Immediately, restart the phone:

click on Settings>General>Reset> Erase All Contents And Settings or connect to itunes, reset factory settings..

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember to switch off the iPhone, when found, I think you people know how right?? Remove the SIM card Immediately, restart the phone:

click on Settings>General>Reset> Erase All Contents And Settings or connect to itunes, reset factory settings..

This one everyone knows, but u forget how to bypass the passcode. Nowadays everyone pass-coded their phone.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean's, i return. FTs? What do you think?:p

Both I take..."finders keepers, looses weepers"...deserve it, have you seen how careless people ( especially the younger ones) leave their phones on the table?? & parents giving their expensive phones to toddlers, very young children to play? it is like "taking candies from children". I have called out & return those phones I see left on the table, after the owner had moved off, many times & young kids with their parents phone leaving it & leaving.

Of course those I find on the floor or anywhere else, where I see no nobody...it is "finders keepers, looses weepers"...If I loose mine...I do not expect to see it again.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both I take..."finders keepers, looses weepers"...deserve it, have you seen how careless people ( especially the younger ones) leave their phones on the table?? & parents giving their expensive phones to toddlers, very young children to play? it is like "taking candies from children". I have called out & return those phones I see left on the table, after the owner had moved off, many times & young kids with their parents phone leaving it & leaving.

Of course those I find on the floor or anywhere else, where I see no nobody...it is "finders keepers, looses weepers"...If I loose mine...I do not expect to see it again.

I lost my phone a couple of times previous. It's not the $ i m concerned about but the contacts in it. :(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I lost my phone a couple of times previous. It's not the $ i m concerned about but the contacts in it. :(

Older phones, like Nokia you can backup to mini-SSD, but the catch is, you use an OS that is not the same as the current, your contacts are good as dead. iCloud...is not useful at all, you accidentally delete a contact, you quickly go to iCloud to try retrieve..it is gone. I have a hard copy back up of my contacts..

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok after some research i now know how to crack the password using gecko iphone toolkit.

so is it safe to use or one day will police knock on my door and bring me back to lim kopi and ask the phone to be returned ?

haha, they will charge you for theft and you will find yourself a convict... ironic given your name

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Backup la bro. iPhone has a good backup system but still it requires the owner to back it all up or set schedule for backing up. This is so important.

Russell

I backup to iCloud that means i can set up a brand new iphone within 5 minutes and restore from back up and i've got a complete Calendar, SMS, contacts.. Everything, swee swee.. !
If i lost my iphone I can use "FindMyPhone" to locate or do a "Wipe & Lock phone"