• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This little Malay ripple that joined the tsunami

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://fz.com/content/little-malay-ripple-joined-tsunami

Dear Prime Minister and all in Umno,

I AM, by your definition, Malay. Except it is said that in our family folklore, my paternal grandmother was probably biologically Chinese. And yes, my mother is a former Catholic from the Philippines.

Not that any of that should matter because, as far as you are concerned, I am Malay.

Only, I did not vote for you. And neither did a whole lot of other Malays, despite what you would like to think. Do the math. If 80% of the population voted, then surely, you cannot blame the erosion of your power on the Chinese minority. Or did you fail that subject too?

I voted for the Opposition because as a Malay, I myself have had enough.

Not because I necessarily like all the Opposition leaders, but frankly, I just like you lot less. Because despite all your rhetoric about the Opposition being a lying, conniving bunch, I have personally borne witness and been on the receiving end of your policies that stoke racial and religious polarity. Not the Opposition’s.

Yours.

Because your government is the only one I have ever known since birth. And what I see and experience every day in my life is your creation.

Yes, I am a recipient of your bumiputera scholarship. I went to one of the world’s best schools. In my graduating class, there were less Malaysians than you could count on one hand. The truth is, I could have obtained my own scholarship from someone else in the world if I wanted to.

And believe me, there are many times I wish I had taken that route, so that I can be relieved of the only burden of debt I feel towards you and your policies.

After graduating from university, I chose to return home. Yes, I was apparently bonded to work for you for 10 years, in repayment for the education you provided me. But instead, you chose to let me go. And I still remained here. Because this is my home.

I could have chosen to work in one of the richest and most developed countries in the world, but I decided to remain in Malaysia.

Over the last 20 years, I have never relied on favours or connections to get a job. It is against my principles. And I have done well. Believe me. I can get a job in corporate Asia if I want to.

I used to have a job with one of the world’s largest companies, overseeing seven countries in the region. Bosses tried to entice me to leave – decamp to Singapore, Hong Kong and even Japan. But I still chose to stay here.

In the last four years, I decided to leave corporate Malaysia because the extent of the rot I saw within its walls was so bad that if I knew any more, I would have to migrate.

You may find this hard to believe, but when us ordinary Malaysians are exposed to the incompetence of our policymakers and leaders, appalled is an understatement. More than that, the arrogance (and worse, lack of sheer, basic intelligence) of many of those in power whom I have met, whether in the government, quasi-government or private sector crony companies, made me begin to believe that Malaysia was not capable of producing good leaders.

You see, I have benchmarks for comparison. I have worked with some of the world’s biggest leaders, names you would recognise in a heartbeat. Don’t believe me? Try Colin Powell. Or Kissinger. Or Bill Gates. And NONE of them can equal the arrogance and despicable character of some of Malaysia’s corporate and government leaders I have met.

Since I have left corporate Malaysia, I have become a small business entrepreneur. And to no surprise, there was zero assistance to be had, even with my Malayness.

Funds that should be used to catalyse entrepreneurs like me had dissipated. Government funding vehicles were uninterested, because hey, they have no time to do due diligence on a company asking for a million ringgit or two. What’s the point? It takes just as much work to do the due diligence for a company asking for 10 times that amount.

So I struck it out on my own. And Alhamdullillah, things have been good. In fact, they are so good, our small little engine could (it’s a tiny boutique hotel) win an award as one of Malaysia’s top bed-and-breakfast within the first year of operations.

None of my achievements are because you helped me.

Yet, at every election, at every opportunity you get, you turn around and tell me how much you do for me.

Well honey, you lie.

So no, it is not just the Chinese who voted for the Opposition this time. Because you can count on at least THIS Melayu who did as well. Please stop insulting me and negating my role in your erosion of power. If you had any sense, you would realise this, and realise it quickly. And figure out how to win Malays like myself back.

But my faith in the good of your kind unfortunately does not stretch that far. And today, you reaffirmed my lack of confidence in you a thousand-fold.

Keep insulting my fellow Malaysian Chinese. It will not bring me closer to you, because I do NOT count you as my people.

The Malays I am part of are a people who have for generations lived shoulder-to-shoulder with other races, because we ourselves know our own history, and accept the fact that we are a race that is born of a meld with many others.

We are a race that has itself experimented with different brands of theology, are unafraid of adapting aspects of other cultures into our own and has NEVER thrived in isolation.

Unlike Japan, we do not have a history of cultural, social or economic growth that does not coincide with an era of openness, cross-border trade or cultural assimilation, be it with or without force.

If you are going to blame the Chinese for your losses, please, blame me too. And the rest of the Malaysians who did the same. We ALL did it. And yes, the entire classroom is standing up this time.

Karina Bahrin

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now which forum racist idiot can call her a stupid lazy m&d?

What a lady! What a Malay! Hidup lah Malaysia!

IamTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hypocrite spotted

Picture-12.jpg

Karina Bahrin, a KL-based professional, plans to open her dream bed-and-breakfast outfit in Langkawi. The process has taken her over three years and the hotel has yet to materialise. The delay was caused by “... administrative setbacks...” in which the land office had given both her and her architect the run-around. In most cases, the office did not seem to know what the rules and regulations were. “There seems to be no structure at all. One department will tell you this, and send you off to another, which will tell you otherwise. Sometimes they do not even know what is what.” The bureaucracy is frustrating.

What made her decide to open a small hotel in Langkawi? Langkawi was the only island or beachside locale which had great weather all year around, unlike the East Coast which has the monsoons. Tourism is a year-round activity, and the island’s charm is that it is international and still maintains its rural outlook.

I do welcome the government’s initiatives. Langkawi has not realised its full potential yet, and it may be that it is developing the ‘wrong’ way. Uncontrolled infrastructure, like bridges leading to nowhere, does not support the islanders. The locals need guidance. Despite the number of foreign tourists thronging the island on a daily basis, the locals are ill-equipped to deal with their sensibilities. They think by having tacky buildings, that would attract tourists but that is not the case.” The locals are not as exposed as other Malaysians from beyond the island who have come to work and live there.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened in Thailand is the best extrapolation of what will happen in Malaysia.

It is worthwhile to note that in the end, the will of the people always prevails.

People elsewhere try to follow what happens in other places, and not to any great effect. Due to the success of the Philippines 1986 People's Power Revolution, the people of Burma thought they would do the same in 1988. Many Burmese were massacred. Till today, the people of Burma do not have full human or democratic rights. Similarly, the 1989 Tiananmen massacre was directly attributable to some people in Beijing thinking they could emulate the Philippines' revolution.

Best not to ever emulate what other countries do. Indeed, Syria's President Assad knows that he has to fight to the death and use whatever weapons available otherwise he will end up like Libya's Gaddafi or Egypt's Mubarak. Both the latter took too tepid a response to uprisings.

The tide of history never moves seamlessly in one direction.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
article lacks punch in attacking bn's gahmen ...

This is a good one.

Ungrateful Chinese, Greedy Malays

http://sakmongkol.blogspot.sg/

Someone asked the rhetorical question, maybe there will be traitors within UMNO asking for the resignation of Najib as UMNO president. Why not? Najib betrayed Pak Lah by orchestrating moves to ask Pak Lah to quit. He didn’t do anything to prevent Mahathir and gang from evicting squatter Pak Lah.

Nonfeasance produces the same effect as malfeasance. He stood idly by looking at Pak Lah drowning. He was duty bound to help out drowning Pak lah, because of his proximate relationship to the PM’s post.

Why should the UMNO members be so charitable to Najib? He wasn’t any better than Pak Lah. He got only 133 federal seats. But he spent and advertised more. Voted Najib is far less than a bill-boarded Najib. The substance is much less than the form. Long masked by emperor clothing, the real Najib is now seen as naked reality.

Najib will face his comeuppance. Of course there will be some people asking Najib to resign. Finally they see Najib as he truly is- a weakling UMNO president long in form, but short in substance. A visionless man who thinks the solution to every problem is to pay and buy his way through. What is so special about Najib other than carrying a famous surname? That will not be an excuse for UMNO not to do the necessary and right thing. Which is to replace Najib as UMNO president.

UMNO hasn’t learnt its lesson. It is talking as though it’s the only legitimate voice for the Malays. How many Malay votes did UMNO get in this election? BN got 5.24 million votes. If 70% of those were Malays- that meant UMNO got 3.67 million Malay votes. The total number of voters in the 13th GE was 11.26 million. If 70% of those were Malays, then there were 7.88 million Malay voters. The math says, 4.21 million Malay voters did not vote for UMNO. More Malays rejected UMNO than supported it.

So for whom does UMNO speak for?

It still speaks for the ruling and rich elite who have succeeded to dupe pliant rural Malay mass. The greedy Malays are in the UMNO group, not in the group that see UMNO as it truly is- an UMNO.20 that has deviated from its original objectives.

UMNO hasn’t got a monopoly as voice for the Malays. The Malay in PKR, in PAS and even in DAP isn’t less a Malay than the UMNO Malay. The socially aware Malay is more Malay than his socially ignorant country cousin. The latter is the Malay type UMNO wants to keep-pliant as a result of being ignorant, poor and fearful.

So UMNO feeds off the fear, ignorance and poverty of a pliant Malay mass who are made to believe, their plight is caused by the ungrateful Chinese and greedy urban cousins. Their plight in fact is caused by the policies of UMNO since 1988 which ushered in an economy driven by corruption, meant for cronies.

The agitators- the spokesman for the UMNO and BN Oligarchs, are now asking, Malays to show their Malayness by unleashing a bloodbath? Don’t- we are walking right into a trap set by an insecure elite. Malays don’t prove anything about their Malayness by expressing murderous intentions.

Najib is speaking like the liar he is- pleading for national reconciliation one day, and blaming other races the next day. Or does he actually mean reconciliation of Malay race as in unifying different thinking Malays in this country under his leadership?

PAS has expressed a desire to unite a while back with the condition that Najib resigns and let another more acceptable and conciliatory Malay take his place. Will Najib make this sacrifice if he is indeed talking about reconciliation.

Success has many fathers. Failure is an orphan. The knives are already out. Najib failed to get 2/3 of the parliamentary seats and he performed worse than Pak Lah. Najib looked dejected when making statement about BN’s pyrrhic victory. It was achieved at a monumental cost. Najib spent billions and promised the sky to the people. Yet he managed to get 133 federal seats.
How did he explain it? He took on a racist slant in his explanation- blaming the Chinese who were deserting BN. what has MCA done all these years? Fattening themselves and leeching on wealth generating resources and opportunities? The funny thing- UMNO finds nothing wrong cavorting with MCA but faults PAS for having a working relationship with DAP.That makes MCA an
UMNO-nised MCA.

So Najib asks what do the Chinese want? They want nothing of UMNO and BN. they want another government is the answer. The rural Malays are a bit slower catching up to the game changing political shifts but as they grow more sophisticated in their thinking, loyalty to UMNO or to any political party will be conditional too. It will come.
Pak lah got 140 while he was sleeping. While sleeping, Najib plotted behind the scenes to get rid of pak lah. He stayed silent while Mahathir went on and on to demolish Pak Lah. You see, Najib is only a team player when the whole team supports only him. Once you are out, you are entirely forgotten.

That was what happened to Mat Taib , the former Selangor MB. He was a popular MB of Selangor, was UMNO’s information chief, and was a former UMNO VP- he was treated like an ostracised man. Najib treated him such. Once he announced he’s leaving UMNO for PAS, that move ended Najib’s dream of recapturing Selangor.

Najib is getting his punishment. He will suffer his extreme suffering when he will be ousted as UMNO president come next UMNO GA.

Najib got 133 seats while fully awake and spent so many billions. Najib has led UMNO to its worse defeat and I hope UMNO whose motto is agama, bangsa dan tanah air, will know how to do a clinical bloodletting.

It’s a matter of time, before the rural Malays become aware they have been had. Najib is feigning innocence for making incendiary racist statements. UMNO people has been responsible for instilling the climate of fear among rural Malays. They have taught the 65% Malay population to fear the 24% Chinese population. UMNO leaders were responsible for teaching 65% Muslims to fear a 19% Christian population.

Its time rural Malays become aware that democracy is about the exercising of choice. Limited choice means limited democracy.

UMNO is responsible for its own loss because it limits everything for the Malay. Access to wealth generating means is restricted to the elite rich and powerful. The mental horizon is limited by satisfying and managing low level expectation of the Malays. UMNO knows this and capitalised on this.

Take for example the Felda business model. When Tun Razak started the business model, it was to place wealth generating means- land directly into the hands of settlers. The settlers toiled the land, paying whatever debt they incurred along the way. The land they now got, they get through blood sweat and tears. Not UMNO charity. And never free.

The land wasn’t given to them by UMNO. They earned every inch of them. Tun Razak didn’t create Felda in order to create million of enslaved Malays. He wanted to give them choice exercising democracy through ownership of wealth generating means. The son is now taking that away from them.

For federal seats, BN polled 5,237,699 votes to the Pakatan Rakyat parties’ combined 5,623,984 ballots. The three-party pact of PKR, PAS and DAP also surpassed BN in state seats, pulling in 4,879,699 to the 13-member coalition’s 4,513,997 ballots. Official turnout for Election 2013 was 84.84 per cent or 11,257,147 voters.

On what basis does Najib claim victory? UMNO and BN are ruling on a stolen victory that must be returned back to the people. Don’t go blaming a “Chinese tsunami” as reason behind BN ceding more ground to the opposition for an electoral showing worse than the previous low of 2008.

Listen to this puke-inducing statement- “I think they were taken in by some of the undertakings given by the opposition... and that’s why there was that swing.... and a lot of sentiments there, some of them racial in nature, that were being played up in this election, which is not very healthy for this country,”

And then unconsciously receded into a defense mode by saying “I expected it but I did not expect it to this extent. None of us expected it to this extent. But despite the extent of the swing against us, BN did not fall,” he added.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on! Shes a hypocrite, indeed!

Reading her long essay, she will probably be the first to attack the chinese if her business didn't get through.

Looking at the mass protest last night, the chinese faces are many times more than the malay and Indian faces even though they belongs to the minority. Anwar is really a very capable and smart politican.

When young Anwar was the leader of an Islamic youth Organisation, he shocked many by joining UMNO and quickly rise through the ranks. During his term as Educational Minister in BN, he was dislike for introducing many pro-Malay polices esp in renaming Bahasa malaysian to Bahasa melayu. Now, he can mobilised the entire Msian chinese to support him whenever he wanted is just awe-inspiring.

In fact, it seems that the chinese are totally under Anwar control more than LKS.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope mudland settles their differences and all work together.

I am not saying that cos I love mudland or anything, far from that.

For us, it is a playground, but if playground got problem, cannot play.

so pls settle your problems, I miss my massages and makan. :oIo:

You can put a monkey in charge, we really dont care.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another excellent piece. Thanks

This is a good one.

Someone asked the rhetorical question, maybe there will be traitors within UMNO asking for the resignation of Najib as UMNO president. Why not? Najib betrayed Pak Lah by orchestrating moves to ask Pak Lah to quit. He didn’t do anything to prevent Mahathir and gang from evicting squatter Pak Lah.

Nonfeasance produces the same effect as malfeasance. He stood idly by looking at Pak Lah drowning. He was duty bound to help out drowning Pak lah, because of his proximate relationship to the PM’s post.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like the JhewHooness has infiltrated our civil service. What do you think? :o

In which the land office had given both her and her architect the run-around. In most cases, the office did not seem to know what the rules and regulations were. “There seems to be no structure at all. One department will tell you this, and send you off to another, which will tell you otherwise. Sometimes they do not even know what is what.” The bureaucracy is frustrating.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a good one.

Pak Lah cant make it lah. Too soft to be a PM. U need authority and at time hard approach to govern big country like Msia.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to any m&ds or mudland bros,
but who the fuck wants to call himself pak lah. I mean what kind of name is that?

for example, lets say badawi give his secretary some work to do, is the secretary going to say:

ok lah, pak lah.

thats just too fucking weird.

I much prefer this najib, he doesnt have silly names, the most he does is explode people :biggrin:

Pak Lah cant make it lah. Too soft to be a PM. U need authority and at time hard approach to govern big country like Msia.