• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

Turbonetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls pardon my ignorance,may i know what would happen if reclaimed land is not left to settle down?
is it uneven ground in the long run?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls pardon my ignorance,may i know what would happen if reclaimed land is not left to settle down?
is it uneven ground in the long run?

Yes, lots of soil movements. Buildings will crack. The roads in the early days of Tuas and Jurong Island sunk badly. They were repaired many times and to date, there are still many uneven areas.

Turbonetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, lots of soil movements. Buildings will crack. The roads in the early days of Tuas and Jurong Island sunk badly. They were repaired many times and to date, there are still many uneven areas.

I see.
No wonder I had seen some floor no matter how many times they fix, the unevenness and cracks still keep coming back. Sometimes it worsen.

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happened to drop by the sales gallery (Sorry) at Danga Bay. Really is tiongish. Not good feeling.

Last edited:

sammyboy168

Alfrescian
Loyal
it seems like their sea view units sell out quite fast.. Mainly PRC snapping up. I wonder r they buying to flip...can imagine 10,000 units all flip at TOP...will price crash?
what so special about lake waterfront views its so hazy now.
Reclaimed land is quite a big concern. what if really have even floors n cracks?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
This development sits on 56 acres, ie 2.6m square feet... ie 2.5x size of Bayshore Park... there are 40 blocks.
I think the developer is out of their mind... this is like building a mini city... i understand there will be mixed retail and all those stuff.
Developer have no sense of what living concept they are trying to sell???

A 3+1 unit on 40th floor with 180 deg seaview... about 1473 sft... costs about RM1.5m... anyone interested?

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
This development sits on 56 acres, ie 2.6m square feet... ie 2.5x size of Bayshore Park... there are 40 blocks.
I think the developer is out of their mind... this is like building a mini city... i understand there will be mixed retail and all those stuff.
Developer have no sense of what living concept they are trying to sell???

A 3+1 unit on 40th floor with 180 deg seaview... about 1473 sft... costs about RM1.5m... anyone interested?

mmm... whats wrong with building a minicity ? I think its a rather good idea as everything is within the city. convenience and sea view.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
mmm... whats wrong with building a minicity ? I think its a rather good idea as everything is within the city. convenience and sea view.

I find that when you build 40 blocks within a development, you lose the touch of a "private" condominium. Assuming you have a perimeter fence for the whole area, it is still too "public" a place to have 4000 neighbours. A very good example in Singapore is Costa Del Sol (in a much smaller scale). Within your unit is a beautiful panoramic seaview. Once you get downstairs it is like a public place especially the taxi/bus stand area. This concept sits well with Hongkongers and Chinanese who are used to urban city living. But it would not be an "oasis within a city" which is what people normally look for in a condominium.

Still... the 180 deg seaview at level 40 looks very attractive at 1.5m (3+1 BR) in the present market

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find that when you build 40 blocks within a development, you lose the touch of a "private" condominium. Assuming you have a perimeter fence for the whole area, it is still too "public" a place to have 4000 neighbours. A very good example in Singapore is Costa Del Sol (in a much smaller scale). Within your unit is a beautiful panoramic seaview. Once you get downstairs it is like a public place especially the taxi/bus stand area. This concept sits well with Hongkongers and Chinanese who are used to urban city living. But it would not be an "oasis within a city" which is what people normally look for in a condominium.

Still... the 180 deg seaview at level 40 looks very attractive at 1.5m (3+1 BR) in the present market

Many units will be tenanted out, which will reduce the security of the place further.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

You do have a point . But am thinking many units may not be occupied the whole yr round as they are bot by the PRCs as holiday homes. So the number of pple staying may not be so huge.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

agree with your views. except the last one. i think 1.5m is KL mont kiara price. not jb price? but still, what do i know? maybe jb condo will rocket up further.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do have a point . But am thinking many units may not be occupied the whole yr round as they are bot by the PRCs as holiday homes. So the number of pple staying may not be so huge.

If I were to buy and stay, my concern is more one of maintenance. Will the 40 blocks be maintained as separate developments, if so, how efficient will that be in its administration? Will the PRC owners (assuming they make up a significant number) who are likely to buy purely for investment only, keep up with the conservancy payments in order to allow the regular maintenance to continue without financial issues?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree with your views. except the last one. i think 1.5m is KL mont kiara price. not jb price? but still, what do i know? maybe jb condo will rocket up further.

actually u must compare according to size and the price psf, not the absolute amt. Mont Kiara also have no seafront right ?

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually u must compare according to size and the price psf, not the absolute amt. Mont Kiara also have no seafront right ?
i see. OK, anyway i'm a novice. thanks for your opinion.

you 're rigth KL no seafront. but i think these are more reasonable in terms of psf (IMO), and futhermore KL is more established market.

http://www.propwall.my/desa_parkcity/the_northshore_gardens/classifieds

this condo (in desa park city) and the whole development is really singapore standard. Down to the drain covers in the commercial areas.

also, MK28. probly one of the best in Mont kiara.

http://www.propwall.my/mont_kiara/28_mont_kiara/classifieds

all psf btw 700-800.

have you been to these two places. really nice. the only thing is , they're subsale.
maybe we can't compare new from developer vs subsale. :smile: I really hope the slew of jb condos launched will be of a good enough quality, at today price, it has to be.

btw i don't have anything in KL. couldn't find anything i like within my budget.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see. OK, anyway i'm a novice. thanks for your opinion.

you 're rigth KL no seafront. but i think these are more reasonable in terms of psf (IMO), and futhermore KL is more established market.

http://www.propwall.my/desa_parkcity/the_northshore_gardens/classifieds

this condo (in desa park city) and the whole development is really singapore standard. Down to the drain covers in the commercial areas.

also, MK28. probly one of the best in Mont kiara.

http://www.propwall.my/mont_kiara/28_mont_kiara/classifieds

all psf btw 700-800.

have you been to these two places. really nice. the only thing is , they're subsale.
maybe we can't compare new from developer vs subsale. :smile: I really hope the slew of jb condos launched will be of a good enough quality, at today price, it has to be.

btw i don't have anything in KL. couldn't find anything i like within my budget.

am no expert also but I see waterfront ppties in Penang fetching 1,600 psf....so I think we must give waterfront ppties a certain premium ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
am no expert also but I see waterfront ppties in Penang fetching 1,600 psf....so I think we must give waterfront ppties a certain premium ?

possible. hope players like CG and dijaya deliver a premium product. jb market is like a train already - kind of worry if too heated, suddenly crash, then market dead for 10 years like previously. developers and investors all over are very bullish on inskandar. obnote: frankly i not so impressed with dijaya condos, i saw most of their tropicana PJ units before. kind of normal design only, and very packed high density. in terms of design (outlook from outside) for iskander, i like ujana at ledang. nice.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Penang is unique becos the condos are facing the Andaman Sea, not some straits as what some waterfront ppties face but claim as seaview