• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a little calculation I have done, which might make u regret a little about ur decision, which I'm not revealing to u.

its for sure i am not as much experienced in property market as u. but might be u can share ur thoughts in general to enlighten others!

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
curious is it 12A or 12B ?

I was there over the weekend, i asked a table if seats were taken and after overhearing that the seats were not taken, some tiong aunties from the next table and snatch them away when I was obviously looking for 2 chairs. If these are the kind of inconsiderate selfish tiongs without basic courtesy and manners neighbour that you have to share your facilities with next time, good luck.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
genuine buyer. but reviews for this project were not encouraging and do not have so much money to take a risk :(

I'm getting mixed reviews which make me half-hearted now cos also previously quite enthusiastic in buying a unit there. The latest I heard is about the soil issue. Seems like the reclaimed land is not left long enough to settle? Not sure how justified this is. Maybe the first 10 years or so is ok. Imagine something *touch wood* bad later....

I'm not sure how true some of the comments are... Sometimes people just try to scare off the buyers.

But given the developer is from China where anything goes and it's in Malaysia where anything can happen, yeah... it's kinda scary.... The developer spent too much $$$ on the launch which is questionable, as some say....

For me, the spoiler was how they have been conducting the sales. It's like so "underground" with people taking up countless units for themselves and selling them off in batches at high prices and claim the developer has now sold even higher, so what's your choice? Disgusting.

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm getting mixed reviews which make me half-hearted now cos also previously quite enthusiastic in buying a unit there. The latest I heard is about the soil issue. Seems like the reclaimed land is not left long enough to settle? Not sure how justified this is. Maybe the first 10 years or so is ok. Imagine something *touch wood* bad later....

I'm not sure how true some of the comments are... Sometimes people just try to scare off the buyers.

But given the developer is from China where anything goes and it's in Malaysia where anything can happen, yeah... it's kinda scary.... The developer spent too much $$$ on the launch which is questionable, as some say....

For me, the spoiler was how they have been conducting the sales. It's like so "underground" with people taking up countless units for themselves and selling them off in batches at high prices and claim the developer has now sold even higher, so what's your choice? Disgusting.

I work in IT industry in SG which is quite stressful. no time to speculate the market in JB. saw TV ad related to CG and bought a unit there during the launch last month. but after going through the reviews here decided to let go off the unit. I am very small fish out here, cant risk hard earned money :(

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I work in IT industry in SG which is quite stressful. no time to speculate the market in JB. saw TV ad related to CG and bought a unit there during the launch last month. but after going through the reviews here decided to let go off the unit. I am very small fish out here, cant risk hard earned money :(

As long as u r not over invested u r fine. One or units r okay. JB property prices r still low. SG property market will be increasingly unattractive to buy. People from SG will naturally buy in Johor, for weekend home, as retirement home or for investment. As long as u can hold u will be okay. Just rem 6.9 mil in SG.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see... I don't think can get rental easily in JB. CG Danga Bay is too expensive for rent.... good maybe if you buy to stay for yourself or for family.

Actually, I'm not sure in general, if can depend new condos for rental. Not in the next 5-10 years maybe. Condos in JB are too expensive already.

People are rushing in to buy because they are considering how much the older condos have increased in price compared to the present ones. The old condos can rent out. But I think it's important we be careful cos the assumption that condos bought today will also increase the same amount next time may not be true. That's pure speculating. We don't know what new laws the Malaysian government may come up with to control the increasing prices. There may also be oversupply of condos in future and prices will stabilize rather than increase.

What bad reviews you heard about CG, if you don't mind sharing?

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as u r not over invested u r fine. One or units r okay. JB property prices r still low. SG property market will be increasingly unattractive to buy. People from SG will naturally buy in Johor, for weekend home, as retirement home or for investment. As long as u can hold u will be okay. Just rem 6.9 mil in SG.

is that the calculation? 6.9m spillover to soak up demand in jb? :smile:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok no offence. Not to scare anyone!

But was just told about the reclaimed land issue. Seems like it's fresh and not long enough to allow for it to settle? No one can confirm this.

A friend just cautioned me anything can happen (CG after all still a China developer and with all the grand advertisement and fanfare which is unseen in other developments....). He told me condos have collapsed before in China. I didn't believe him and he sent me the link.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok no offence. Not to scare anyone!

But was just told about the reclaimed land issue. Seems like it's fresh and not long enough to allow for it to settle? No one can confirm this.

A friend just cautioned me anything can happen (CG after all still a China developer and with all the grand advertisement and fanfare which is unseen in other developments....). He told me condos have collapsed before in China. I didn't believe him and he sent me the link.

Quite a number of condos collapsed in Malaysia also.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite a number of condos collapsed in Malaysia also.

yeah so I guess it's the reason why some are uneasy since this is china project on freshly reclaimed msia soil.

think i've heard of one landslide in Msia... not sure of others...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah so I guess it's the reason why some are uneasy since this is china project on freshly reclaimed msia soil.

think i've heard of one landslide in Msia... not sure of others...
those are next to hillside, and also unscrupulous developers keep cutting away forest from the hills surrounding the area causing erosion. if you buy a m'sia condo in rather flat land, should be safe :smile:

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend alerted me to this article about China apartment collapsing.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/13-story-buliding-collapse-china.shtml

Read at your own discretion!

Understand that Chinese companies need state approval before venturing outside China. As far as these approved companies are concerned which are in many parts of the world, they seem to have good overall records. Chinese cities now has some of the world's most spectacular buildings, on top of their engineering feats in things line three gorgeous dams, longest tunnels and bridges. Accidents and shoddy works do happen, Singapore also has it's share of New World hotel collapse, tunnel collapse and so on.