• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why ex PM Dr.M is questioning whether these people from the poorer states can afford to stay in our 1M condo and eat at PH . Didnt you read what he has to say ?

Many will be earning SGD and staying at the less atas condos, esp if RTS is up and running. For the more atas condos, maybe the white collar KL/Penang/Sarawak chaps can stay there & travel via RTS to work in SG? The max rent is probably around RM 3.8k or SGD 1.5k.

Currently, a lot of Malaysians staying in JB actually come from other states. This number is increasing every yr and with RTS completion, is poised to shoot up tremendously, in tandem with developments in Jurong East & Woodlands.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many will be earning SGD and staying at the less atas condos, esp if RTS is up and running. For the more atas condos, maybe the white collar KL/Penang/Sarawak chaps can stay there & travel via RTS to work in SG? The max rent is probably around RM 3.8k or SGD 1.5k.

Currently, a lot of Malaysians staying in JB actually come from other states. This number is increasing every yr and with RTS completion, is poised to shoot up tremendously, in tandem with developments in Jurong East & Woodlands.

Hmm ... interesting guess . But if I have RM1m , I will buy a studio in Singapore instead of at 3rm Condo in JB .

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm ... interesting guess . But if I have RM1m , I will buy a studio in Singapore instead of at 3rm Condo in JB .

We can examine the Malaysian (PR)'s options in greater details.

Assuming he/she does not form a family unit, he will be unable to buy a HDB flat in SG. The cheapest studio in SG has long crossed the RM1 million (SGD 400K) mark. He will be looking at RM 1.4m (SGD 550k) for a studio unit now. In addition, assuming he's PR, he will have to pay 5% ABSD i.e. another SGD 27K (5% of S$550K).

In contrast, in JB, he can probably sacrifice his time by buying a slightly off location condo in JB, & travelling via RTS to work in SG. This condo will probably cost him around RM 600k (S$235K) for bigger units now at an off-location, or a studio unit at a great location like Princess Cove or Susuana. He doesn't have to pay ABSD and can save on rent, albeit sacrificing his time. He consoles himself by saying at least now, he's paying for his own house, and not for rent.

As for the local JB, they are thinking of renting out their JB condos to the above case study. That is the main reason driving the prices of the condos now, but certainly massive over-supply, delay in RTS completion etc remain very key risks.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Assuming he/she does not form a family unit, he will be unable to buy a HDB flat in SG. The cheapest studio in SG has long crossed the RM1 million (SGD 400K) mark. He will be looking at RM 1.4m (SGD 550k) for a studio unit now. In addition, assuming he's PR, he will have to pay 5% ABSD i.e. another SGD 27K (5% of S$550K).

In contrast, in JB, he can probably sacrifice his time by buying a slightly off location condo in JB, & travelling via RTS to work in SG. This condo will probably cost him around RM 600k (S$235K) for bigger units now at an off-location, or a studio unit at a great location like Princess Cove or Susuana. He doesn't have to pay ABSD and can save on rent, albeit sacrificing his time. He consoles himself by saying at least now, he's paying for his own house, and not for rent.

As for the local JB, they are thinking of renting out their JB condos to the above case study. That is the main reason driving the prices of the condos now, but certainly massive over-supply, delay in RTS completion etc remain very key risks.

You forget to add 3% stamp duty and another S$3k legal fee, plus the annual property tax and maintenance fee (easily S$300 for a 1-bedder). So it makes a lot of $en$e to either rent HDB in SG or buy a small condo in JB near 1st/2nd link for Malaysians and ride bike to SG to work.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

That was past logic , when Singapore/JB property was on the massive uptrend during the 2012 , 2013 , where even fliper making big bucks. Buy 300K sell 800K even before TOP , can leave flat vacant for 5yrs also sup sup water right ?

Current logic , PRs can wait 3yrs ( by now maybe almost there liao ) can buy a cheap resale. No more paying cash above valuation , stay one room and rent out 2rm for S$1,600/= , huat ah !

Option 2 ( if they are couples ) , one convert to SG citizen buy cheap BTO , stay one room rent out 2 room for S$1,600/= huat even more ! After 5yrs MOP , go JB buy condo with cash , no need bank loan one !

Option 3 , hold on to the cash (earn 6% pa at HSBC) and wait for Big sales ( be it in SG or JB) . Why buy in when you know market going to be massive over supply leh ? Wait buy 1M cannot pay ,cannot rent out kena bank lelong how ? In such market conditions, what is possibility of price going from 1M to 1.5M in 5yrs time ? These PRs not so stupid one OK

Best of all , dont need to worry about Malaysia vs Singapore and their roti prata policies ! Why sacrifice so much hours travelling in and out leh ?

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
but a family of 3-4 cannot possibly stay in a studio .

For investment lah , most people buying condo in JB also thinking of making money one. JB people , you know , if cannot make money , give them 30% discount they will still tell you all kind of shit story OK.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was past logic , when Singapore/JB property was on the massive uptrend during the 2012 , 2013 , where even fliper making big bucks. Buy 300K sell 800K even before TOP , can leave flat vacant for 5yrs also sup sup water right ?

Current logic , PRs can wait 3yrs ( by now maybe almost there liao ) can buy a cheap resale. No more paying cash above valuation , stay one room and rent out 2rm for S$1,600/= , huat ah !

Option 2 ( if they are couples ) , one convert to SG citizen buy cheap BTO , stay one room rent out 2 room for S$1,600/= huat even more ! After 5yrs MOP , go JB buy condo with cash , no need bank loan one !

Option 3 , hold on to the cash (earn 6% pa at HSBC) and wait for Big sales ( be it in SG or JB) . Why buy in when you know market going to be massive over supply leh ? Wait buy 1M cannot pay ,cannot rent out kena bank lelong how ? In such market conditions, what is possibility of price going from 1M to 1.5M in 5yrs time ? These PRs not so stupid one OK

Best of all , dont need to worry about Malaysia vs Singapore and their roti prata policies ! Why sacrifice so much hours travelling in and out leh ?

Actually the situation is a bit more complicated than that. For option 1, you need to form a family unit. You cant buy a resale HDB as a single PR, or 1 PR 1 foreigner. There are lots of single PRs and single/married work permit holders in SG who do not qualify to buy resale HDB. Their natural option is to look at JB, esp if their hometown is faraway such as Ipoh, KL, Penang, Sarawak.

For option 2, ICA now rarely grants citizenship to just 1 person, if the spouse is a PR. A commonly asked questions is: why is your spouse remaining as a PR and not converting? In the recent cases that I am aware of, both spouses convert to citizenship. Many MY would prefer not to convert, as they still hope to return to MY when they retire.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this FD (no lock-in period and 100% capital protection), what is the minimum deposit requirement? Please enlighten, thank you.

Got signboard display big big at Bukit Indah HSBC , 5.88% . Didnt border to speak to them , as I have no intention to lock in such cash. Go better biz opprotunity.
But my guess is some kind of dual currency fixed deposit. You can buy one very strong currency vs a very weak currency, highly possible to get 5.88% . 100% captial protection , unless you buy Zimbabwean dollar :p

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls stop making all sort of assumption on jb people. Is really unethical to say such things.

Sorry hope my assumption is wrong and everyone is buying a condo to stay in. Maybe I get the wrong impression from the wrong people whom I come across. I think 90% of all human have such mentality when come to investment , including me . See , even in Singapore , HDB selling below valuation also buyers still want somemore discount right ? Just the COV itself is already 10 to 20% of purchase price you know. Maybe you are the 10% that will accept any price seller quote you .
On the other hand if they smell profit , above value 100K also they pay with full cash , right ?

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breaking news! Haha maybe i am just slow.
I heard construction on one block of this property has been stopped after Singapore complained about the JB land reclaimation. I admit i have no details and no understanding on the link... presumably this project involves land reclaimation.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls dont blindly interprete information like this. Very unethical. 30% singaporean buyers is a lot already. It is understood the sales in country garden is a bit slow due to the competition from RnF project.

Then can you give your ethical interpretation with your eyes wide opened.
Country is already desperate for buyers and by using the "30% are Singaporean buyers" is purely a hopeful enticer to other Singaporeans, especially those still waiting and seeing.
But 30% of the sold units is really NOT a lot, in fact its BAD, despite the location and continuous heavy advertisement bombardment.
Just like any other projects, once 3 months after the official launch and the balance is still around 50%, sale is considered bad.
And it would take another at least 12 to 18 months to move the balance with heavy advertisement and promotion which is a $$$$$ burning exercise but CG need the sales desperately in order to have a healthy financial / annual 2014 report.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had anyone ever noticed that this Country Garden is NOT exactly situated along the Straits Of Johor but rather on the dirty river mouth of Sungei Skudai?
So is the Tropicana Danga Bay and the upcoming Greenland project which is even further up the river!
Look at the Johor map to convince yourself.
So, a few developer is cheating big time here by stating that their project is along the Straits!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had anyone ever noticed that this Country Garden is NOT exactly situated along the Straits Of Johor but rather on the dirty river mouth of Sungei Skudai?
So is the Tropicana Danga Bay and the upcoming Greenland project which is even further up the river!
Look at the Johor map to convince yourself.
So, a few developer is cheating big time here by stating that their project is along the Straits!

You mean those who bought have been taken ALONG for the ride?