• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
my comment are all saying in general, not talking down any project or area. all i'm saying is HSR is not that important consideration, unless for those working or commuting to KL regularly

HSR has got huge impact on high cost cities. Eg. It is very common for people to stay in Osaka and work in Tokyo (2 hr ride). It is also very common to see people from Taichung to go to work in Taipei on a daily basis (50 minute ride) Or even from Hangzhou to Shanghai is 1 hr.
Therefore it would be possible to see people staying in KL, Muar or Melaka working in Spore travelling on a daily basis. From the housing savings in Spore, it is translated into travelling expenses.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSR has got huge impact on high cost cities. Eg. It is very common for people to stay in Osaka and work in Tokyo (2 hr ride). It is also very common to see people from Taichung to go to work in Taipei on a daily basis (50 minute ride) Or even from Hangzhou to Shanghai is 1 hr.
Therefore it would be possible to see people staying in KL, Muar or Melaka working in Spore travelling on a daily basis. From the housing savings in Spore, it is translated into travelling expenses.

but dun u find the distance betwn Johore and Sing too short for the HSR to make much of a difference ? much faster n cheaper to travel by cars .

Last edited:

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
50km within the same country is a much more pleasant experience than 20km crossing borders.

It is the immigration that is a big pain in the @@@ :biggrin: I'm quite sure you know which side of the border is a greater pain :rolleyes:

China folks travel 2 hours each day into Beijing to work as accommodation is expensive in BJ. All they need to do is hop on the bus and sleep.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
but dun u find the distance betwn Johore and Sing too short for the HSR to make much of a difference ? much faster n cheaper to travel by cars .

that's why i'm saying, HSR no impact to Iskandar.. since most of us talking about iskandar investment , right? it may have impact on KL house prices as people may commute from KL. but that is a long story for another day. :smile:

in fact, don't be surprise, the way msia do these kind of projects. Take for example: MRT now coming up at TTDI, Bangsar in KL. Good or not? Good on a macro level right? But there are people whose beautiful million dollar houses ruined as the MRT pillars for the overhead tracks are JUST OUTSIDE the house! this is true story.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cars is preferred is you drive from Spore to Johore but what about u work in Spore and live in Johore? Car park, area pricing, toll and most important traffic jams.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cars is preferred is you drive from Spore to Johore but what about u work in Spore and live in Johore? Car park, area pricing, toll and most important traffic jams.

If the HSR frequency is 45 mins, and cost RM 20 (one way), can you afford to take it daily from Johor to SG? That's what RTS is the main driver of Johor's property developments, not HSR.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the HSR frequency is 45 mins, and cost RM 20 (one way), can you afford to take it daily from Johor to SG? That's what RTS is the main driver of Johor's property developments, not HSR.

That is only if you stay in JB center and near the RTS station.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Rts in zone a makes sense with the ready population. U can sense that gov is less committal on hsr timeline

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
This project really got so many mainland China buyers? I saw the sales statistics, seems like more Malaysians... But really don't know if can be trusted because many booked but no intention to buy.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This project really got so many mainland China buyers? I saw the sales statistics, seems like more Malaysians... But really don't know if can be trusted because many booked but no intention to buy.

Possibility 1: They play the sticker game. All the choice lots got sticker already. They try to offload the not so nice ones. Then they say can get choice lots through "connections" for a undertable fee. Also to impress visitors that this project is selling fast.

Possibility 2: You only need to place a dummy cheque to book. Not sure about CC but that what is normally practised.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, that's what I suspected after observing. About a month ago, I was very impressed when I was seriously considering to buy. But the agent said this don't have, that don't have, all good units gone cos this project is VERY popular. Then slowly, I started getting calls and a lot of bookers are pushing for under table money.

At first, it was 50% are from China, then later someone told me China 30%, more are Malaysians, now, I also dunno! Ha.....

Some potential buyers said they backed out cos they didn't like the idea there will be too many PRCs living there. But I'm not sure if this is the real case. There are too many under table transactions, can't tell the nationalities and take up rate.

Possibility 1: They play the sticker game. All the choice lots got sticker already. They try to offload the not so nice ones. Then they say can get choice lots through "connections" for a undertable fee. Also to impress visitors that this project is selling fast.

Possibility 2: You only need to place a dummy cheque to book. Not sure about CC but that what is normally practised.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, that's what I suspected after observing. About a month ago, I was very impressed when I was seriously considering to buy. But the agent said this don't have, that don't have, all good units gone cos this project is VERY popular. Then slowly, I started getting calls and a lot of bookers are pushing for under table money.

At first, it was 50% are from China, then later someone told me China 30%, more are Malaysians, now, I also dunno! Ha.....

Some potential buyers said they backed out cos they didn't like the idea there will be too many PRCs living there. But I'm not sure if this is the real case. There are too many under table transactions, can't tell the nationalities and take up rate.

Not trying to be prejudiced. But I think that's the norm of PRC marketing. HYPE, HYPE and More Hype. Then all the gullibles will come tongue wagging. That's when the kill is. A good project and a good developer do not need all those carnival like marketing efforts. Ask UEM Sunrise, Sunway, SP Setia or Bandaraya.....they would be sold even before you know about it.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not trying to be prejudiced. But I think that's the norm of PRC marketing. HYPE, HYPE and More Hype. Then all the gullibles will come tongue wagging. That's when the kill is. A good project and a good developer do not need all those carnival like marketing efforts. Ask UEM Sunrise, Sunway, SP Setia or Bandaraya.....they would be sold even before you know about it.

The scale of launch is different. 9000 units require a big marketing effort. However I still cannot figure out why the developer doesn't want to launch phase by phase. This will reduce the chances of flooding the market and increase the protection of early buyers.