• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hot babe theories only apply when the project is fully completed and in full swing. Before completion, you get only Banglas and Indon "hot babes". It is very hot and sweaty under the sun during construction. :biggrin:

well, generally, hot babe locations are already fully priced in - so they're v expensive (look at KLCC, orchard rd, etc). so for investment can buy those new area nearby where the chances of spillover of the hot babes are inevitable! like bangsar south. or desa park city east. make sense??

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are saying the higher the value, the better the location and it is always near cities.

absurb logic, obviously.

the correct cause and effect statement is: the better the location, the higher the value, and it is generally , but not exclusively, always near city center, primarily because of amenities, businesses (ie wealth generation or management), and ... errr... hot babes!!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
absurb logic, obviously.

the correct cause and effect statement is: the better the location, the higher the value, and it is generally , but not exclusively, always near city center, primarily because of amenities, businesses (ie wealth generation or management), and ... errr... hot babes!!

Now I know why studios and pent (up) houses are in hot demand.
By the way, you don't get hot babes in shopping malls. Only families and young teens go to those retails. You get them from exclusive clubs which are not generally found in shopping malls but at the fringe of cities.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
absurb logic, obviously.

Yes I think your statement is correct. It is generally true but there will be exceptions such as certain race congregations (e.g. look at LA & London east side), crime/prostitution, slum areas near or at city centre, which reduces the appeal of such properties

City Centre usually has the best transport, amenities, businesses etc which drives demand and prices up.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call a spade a spade, rule of thumb for good location normally associated being near the city. Of course there are exception but definitely not hot babes.

Rule of thumb: Generally speaking
Normally: Generally speaking
Exception: Opposite of Rule of thumb and Normally

I really got to learn from you. :smile:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard CG selling their seafacing shoplots...dunno whether investible now with all the toll problems...

Before you do anything, drop by the shops inside the Country Garden at different times and take a good look at the health of businesses there.
Its really quiet there, day and night and I really hope the shops, which are mostly restaurants, can tahan for another year.
And incidentally, there are another several thousand shops and offices lots, old ones, new ones and those about to be completed soon, all over JB waiting to be tenanted and many had waited for more than a year or two.
Even at the LEGOLAND, some shops at the park entrance had closed, many are shop lots are left vacant while the ones in operation, their business are in a sad state.
Same scenerio over at the Puteri Harbour.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully that this will be a wake up call for the government to ease up the cross border links. Johor really needs folks with higher spending power to drive the economy.
On a side note. I think that if country garden is selling the shops then I would be concerned. It'll be better if there is a central leasing control body to regulate the type of tenants. Best to be the developer, else the type of tenant and shops would unlikely be able to attract high quality vendors. Then it'll be a pity and drive down the value of the property.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
LEGOLAND/Medini and PH residents have not even moved in yet. When Medini or PH are up and running in full capacity, we are looking @ 10,000 units each on average with about 50,000 residents and probably another 50K on residents for the businesses and commercials.

This is the time to see who has holding power. Obviously many shops simply open for the sake of "being the first" and never think about holding for the long term. Some shops in Sutera Utama also faced the same state when the owners bought for RM 700,000. Many set up all kinds of businesses, level 1 and about 70% of all level 2 and 3 are empty. Its like a ghost town.

Take a 2nd look at Sutera Utama shoplots now. RM 2.5 million on average and its so packed that I have boycotted it for a year

Before you do anything, drop by the shops inside the Country Garden at different times and take a good look at the health of businesses there.
Its really quiet there, day and night and I really hope the shops, which are mostly restaurants, can tahan for another year.
And incidentally, there are another several thousand shops and offices lots, old ones, new ones and those about to be completed soon, all over JB waiting to be tenanted and many had waited for more than a year or two.
Even at the LEGOLAND, some shops at the park entrance had closed, many are shop lots are left vacant while the ones in operation, their business are in a sad state.
Same scenerio over at the Puteri Harbour.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point. But all these predicates on the fact that a critical mass of residents have to be around. Not just speculator who buy and leave it empty. Iskandar still have some way to go yet.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point. But all these predicates on the fact that a critical mass of residents have to be around. Not just speculator who buy and leave it empty. Iskandar still have some way to go yet.

My view: Most buyers at Puteri Harbour, Medini, Danga Bay n parts of Johor Bahru are investors who will not be staying there.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure about others but for Puteri Harbour units that I queue up to buy, many Singaporeans I spoke to are buying for own stay. Many pay in cash so I don't think they are speculators. I wanted to buy for investment too but realise it is really a big big waste to rent it out seriously as we have done some experiment and realise on clear days some units are able to see MBS, Karimun islands, Planes taking off from and landing in Changi Airport, Bukit Timah Hill, huge tracts of forest and plenty of different reservoirs and the ocean.

This is the first time I have encountered a location which has hill view, sea view, forest view, island view and aeroplanes landing from the South into the world's bestest airport and also the thrilling F-16s from South-east Asia' #01 Airforce.

I have already left my contacts with Sunway Iskandar pretty salesger to call me if they are launching their Seafront condos next year.

My view: Most buyers at Puteri Harbour, Medini, Danga Bay n parts of Johor Bahru are investors who will not be staying there.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
LEGOLAND/Medini and PH residents have not even moved in yet. When Medini or PH are up and running in full capacity, we are looking @ 10,000 units each on average with about 50,000 residents and probably another 50K on residents for the businesses and commercials.

This is the time to see who has holding power. Obviously many shops simply open for the sake of "being the first" and never think about holding for the long term. Some shops in Sutera Utama also faced the same state when the owners bought for RM 700,000. Many set up all kinds of businesses, level 1 and about 70% of all level 2 and 3 are empty. Its like a ghost town.

Take a 2nd look at Sutera Utama shoplots now. RM 2.5 million on average and its so packed that I have boycotted it for a year

When LEGOLAND, with thousands of visitors everyday and shops still got shuttered down or doing so badly, it will be worse elsewhere.
Shops outside the Sutera Mall, and even in busy Nusa Bestari where Giant is and Bukit Indah area, many businesses had opened and closed all within a very short time.

If the shop owners think that when the projects in PH are completed, the residents will be queuing up to patronise their shops, they will probably be in for a rude shock.
Lots of of residents don't means lots of shoppers.
A supermarket, perhaps people will go for their daily stuff, but restaurants and other shops, hard luck.
Look at the profile of the residents, it doesn't matter if there are 20 or 30,000 of them.
Either they go to SG to work in the day and back at night or they are retirees or people who are looking forward to stretch their money there and they will never be big spenders.
A couple of kopitiam type of shops with some hawkers stalls within maybe will survive.
Anyone wants to open a shop there better have very deep pockets to tahan months and months of extremely slow business.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. For those wanting to buy and flip before 2020 hoping for a hefty profits are in for a rude shock. In the long term regardless of what, the price is surely going up due to many factors. It wont go down for sure in the long term of 10-20 years