• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
How likely do you think that after TOP, the speculative buyers will be putting up their Country Garden units for sales below the initial launching price considering that the developers are now starting to offer some 3-bedder units for sales at at $885K (this seems to be around the initial launching price I heard) and it is not really moving since they were put up for promotional sales a few weeks ago?[/QUOTE

Already now you can see those speculators / flippers are losing confidence to hold on and getting cold feet with many offering around RM750/sq ft to get rid of their units but without much success.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
How likely do you think that after TOP, the speculative buyers will be putting up their Country Garden units for sales below the initial launching price considering that the developers are now starting to offer some 3-bedder units for sales at at $885K (this seems to be around the initial launching price I heard) and it is not really moving since they were put up for promotional sales a few weeks ago?[/QUOTE

Already now you can see those speculators / flippers are losing confidence to hold on and getting cold feet with many offering around RM750/sq ft to get rid of their units but without much success.

Bound to have flippers esp the launching of mega number units . Housing agents make up a big group.

Seem like many condo & service apartment projects are not moving.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think for the thing to move the China developers have to give some more goodies. The incoming supply is just too much. People are cautious.
With the govt choking on the demand. It's going to be very tough. Flippers beware.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think for the thing to move the China developers have to give some more goodies. The incoming supply is just too much. People are cautious.
With the govt choking on the demand. It's going to be very tough. Flippers beware.

The whole of this week you can see Country Garden going on aggressive promotion on Singapore TV commercials on C5 and C8, almost appearing at every 15 mins during prime time.
And this do burns up lotsa money, so obviously, sales must be slowing or not moving.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
one reason is many prefer RnF Princess Cove. The competition is tough. RnF is seen to have better location and good developer reputation.

Yes..

I don't really take note of JB Property Launches...
Not even Danga Bay by Country Garden pipped my interest despite the many advertisements..

But once I saw the location of R&F Princess Cove, I immediately went and bought a unit..

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
In terms of location, R&F is the best. No fight, no subject to tit-for-tat or crazy policies regarding tolls or VEP from both govt. R&F is the best thing now

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we say good location, what does that means?
Is it near Singapore then it is a good location? unless people staying in R&F has the intention to travel to Singapore everyday.

Then another question arise, is R&F very near to the CIQ? how near? walking distance? Is that area suitable to walk? are there any walkway? Will the state government going to make it convenient for pedestrian to walk?

And even when it is near to CIQ, will it be a conducive environment when too many people, cars and buses all jam near your condo? And if you are thinking to buy for retirement, then do you like to stay in such environment?

Assume if this place will draw a big crowd, then do you want to think of buying into the retails or shop lots in R&F instead the residential units?

And if you intend to buy the residential units for investment, then you have to compete with many other units......will there be enough demand?

Unless you like the place so much, then any place will be good location......

Something to think about.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we say good location, what does that means?
Is it near Singapore then it is a good location? unless people staying in R&F has the intention to travel to Singapore everyday.

Then another question arise, is R&F very near to the CIQ? how near? walking distance? Is that area suitable to walk? are there any walkway? Will the state government going to make it convenient for pedestrian to walk?

And even when it is near to CIQ, will it be a conducive environment when too many people, cars and buses all jam near your condo? And if you are thinking to buy for retirement, then do you like to stay in such environment?

Assume if this place will draw a big crowd, then do you want to think of buying into the retails or shop lots in R&F instead the residential units?

And if you intend to buy the residential units for investment, then you have to compete with many other units......will there be enough demand?

Unless you like the place so much, then any place will be good location......

Something to think about.

Valid questions.
Every person should buy based on his/her own requirements.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree on this. Someone buy maybe base on his/her budget. So, if he have not enough budget to buy a property near city, than he buy somewhere further which is cheaper (obviously not a good location compare to the one near city). So, good location means somewhere near the city.

I disagree that nearer or within the city is consider good location.. Have to see the surrounding, environment.. etc
So Puteri Harbour is far far away from the city lor.. So how? Must be super cheap right? :biggrin:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree that nearer or within the city is consider good location.. Have to see the surrounding, environment.. etc
So Puteri Harbour is far far away from the city lor.. So how? Must be super cheap right? :biggrin:

Cheap for you but not cheap for me. My interpretation of good location is somethign else.
Maybe others like it, but I don't think I want to stay with my kids on top of a shopping complex in the city and full of traffic jams, surrounded with branded goods. The cosy neighbourhood feeling is just not there.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course there will be exemptions regarding nearer to city centre, eg slum/crime areas, but it is a gd general rule of thumb. Think KLCC, Orchard/Marina, Sydney Chinatown/Darling Harbour area, Manhattan, London zone 1-2, HK island etc etc.......

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good location is not determine by a person feeling. Example, if i feel good staying at ulu place near jungle due to its peacefulness and fresh air, you cannot say it is a good location. Staying near jungle is risky and not convenient as it is far away from all amenities. So, your good feeling won't transform a location to be good.

The feeling of good is a value created by marketing concepts. It is a culmination of different factors like amenties, infrastructure, connectivity, shopping,etc that add up to what marketeers coin the word "good location". In actual fact, it is a perceived value that might take place in future. It is my feeling that is most important and what you say is does not matter. How can you say what is called a good location. What is your criteria that qualify it to be a good location?
Humans all have different values, we all have our own standards. You cannot impose your standard on others and likewise others cannot impose on you. It applies not only on locations, it also apply to every day life even to your own.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course there will be exemptions regarding nearer to city centre, eg slum/crime areas, but it is a gd general rule of thumb. Think KLCC, Orchard/Marina, Sydney Chinatown/Darling Harbour area, Manhattan, London zone 1-2, HK island etc etc.......

well , the concept of "good location" is more of an art , isn't it. geylang is near the city.. very near. is it a good location? geographically, it is good, but the neigbourhood isn't. so i think it's really a combo of many factors - proximity to amenities, leisure, neighbourhood, transport links, area planning, geography , and so on.

for me, i just keep it simple. i just follow the "hot babe" indicator. the hotter the babes, the better the location.

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
That boy is trying to steal my theory! what hot babe theory?! its SYT Theory!!! It came from ME!!!

read my previous posts to learn more. remember, there is only 1 nottiboy.

hmmm.... pls clarify your criteria as hot babe. I think difference people define hot babe differently. Many singaporeans told me geyland have a lots of hot babes! Ur statement sound contradicting.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
That boy is trying to steal my theory! what hot babe theory?! its SYT Theory!!! It came from ME!!!

read my previous posts to learn more. remember, there is only 1 nottiboy.

hah! sorry to burst your bubble ... but you're not the only guy who made the connection! :smile: :smile:

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really.... for property, good location normally associated with higher monetary value. A higher value properties are always near cities.

So you are saying the higher the value, the better the location and it is always near cities.
City properties are more expensive because land is scarce and someone paid a very high price for it. If I am not wrong, there are 2 parcels of land in JB that is 3 times difference resulting in one being RM300 psf and the other RM900 psf. Does that mean there is 3x better location? Nope. Simply, commercial land and residential land have different values. It is up to marketing to come up with ways to recoup that high cost. And that cost is built into the property value which is passed on to us as buying price.

Again we all have different values in life. For you, it is just money in relation to value of properties. For me, it is the environment. I buy environment and surroundings. I do not just buy properties. Properties is a physical structure where you park your money. It is the environment that leads to capital appreciation.
You will realise it one day.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
well , the concept of "good location" is more of an art , isn't it. geylang is near the city.. very near. is it a good location? geographically, it is good, but the neigbourhood isn't. so i think it's really a combo of many factors - proximity to amenities, leisure, neighbourhood, transport links, area planning, geography , and so on.

for me, i just keep it simple. i just follow the "hot babe" indicator. the hotter the babes, the better the location.

Hot babe theories only apply when the project is fully completed and in full swing. Before completion, you get only Banglas and Indon "hot babes". It is very hot and sweaty under the sun during construction. :biggrin:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are saying the higher the value, the better the location and it is always near cities.
City properties are more expensive because land is scarce and someone paid a very high price for it. If I am not wrong, there are 2 parcels of land in JB that is 3 times difference resulting in one being RM300 psf and the other RM900 psf. Does that mean there is 3x better location? Nope. Simply, commercial land and residential land have different values. It is up to marketing to come up with ways to recoup that high cost. And that cost is built into the property value which is passed on to us as buying price.

Again we all have different values in life. For you, it is just money in relation to value of properties. For me, it is the environment. I buy environment and surroundings. I do not just buy properties. Properties is a physical structure where you park your money. It is the environment that leads to capital appreciation.

Very enlightening. I fully agree. But ultimately it's up to own investment preference

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

exactly! and the hot babes know that very well. that's why just choose the location where there are lots of hot babes.
(and of course i'm not talking about prostitutes).

Last edited: