• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hav you been to Puteri Harbour personally recently during the weekends ?

I went once on a Friday and its crowded during non school holidays. Don't dare to go during weekends because I don't like to park too far away from the lobby of Traders' Hotel

When LEGOLAND, with thousands of visitors everyday and shops still got shuttered down or doing so badly, it will be worse elsewhere.
Shops outside the Sutera Mall, and even in busy Nusa Bestari where Giant is and Bukit Indah area, many businesses had opened and closed all within a very short time.

If the shop owners think that when the projects in PH are completed, the residents will be queuing up to patronise their shops, they will probably be in for a rude shock.
Lots of of residents don't means lots of shoppers.
A supermarket, perhaps people will go for their daily stuff, but restaurants and other shops, hard luck.
Look at the profile of the residents, it doesn't matter if there are 20 or 30,000 of them.
Either they go to SG to work in the day and back at night or they are retirees or people who are looking forward to stretch their money there and they will never be big spenders.
A couple of kopitiam type of shops with some hawkers stalls within maybe will survive.
Anyone wants to open a shop there better have very deep pockets to tahan months and months of extremely slow business.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hav you been to Puteri Harbour personally recently during the weekends ?

I went once on a Friday and its crowded during non school holidays. Don't dare to go during weekends because I don't like to park too far away from the lobby of Traders' Hotel

Yes, several times and at different time too and yes, weekends too.
That Lat theme restaurant was pathetically empty during meal times. The Japanese restaurant across it, same, with their staff loitering outside.
Further down, the fast food restaurants, a few diners while the coffee joints had a couple of customers.
Even around the Hello Kitty park, the crowd wasn't great and are mostly some parents with kids and young people that would probably settle for fast food.
Overall, the businesses there is bad, extremely bad!
With the completion of the buildings nearby in future, hopefully there will be some improvement, but that's provided the shops can manage to hold on till then.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think all the restaurants can survive come 2016 end when the place starts heating up.

However Starbucks and a few others such as Sushi King etc and the Olive and a few others will survive.

Almost two years back Olive is already there. Almost zero crowd whenever I drop by to eat. Everyone was saying they will close shop.

Now is sooooo much better. In fact, every 3 months I returned for visits and the place gets more and more crowded and the carpark congested. Of course it is hopeless to depend on Hello Kitty Little Red cube. That is why they will develop the convention centre and hopefully the ferry to Harbour front etc and when all these are pieced together in 2016 or 2017, the place will be so much different.

The big problem I can foresee will be Carpark crunch, when crowds gather to watch fireworks during the new years and national / Malaysia day celebrations

Yes, several times and at different time too and yes, weekends too.
That Lat theme restaurant was pathetically empty during meal times. The Japanese restaurant across it, same, with their staff loitering outside.
Further down, the fast food restaurants, a few diners while the coffee joints had a couple of customers.
Even around the Hello Kitty park, the crowd wasn't great and are mostly some parents with kids and young people that would probably settle for fast food.
Overall, the businesses there is bad, extremely bad!
With the completion of the buildings nearby in future, hopefully there will be some improvement, but that's provided the shops can manage to hold on till then.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the time to see who has holding power. Obviously many shops simply open for the sake of "being the first" and never think about holding for the long term.

Err...u prefer to see empty shoplots for 5 years? Of course, some shops will try to test water and open lah.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya but I prefer to see some shops like Old Town or Olive, Sushi king etc stay open.. the rest are actually making up the numbers, esp those selling clothes etc.. there is just no demand la. I heard they are in nego to open a Macdonal also in a year or two time

Err...u prefer to see empty shoplots for 5 years? Of course, some shops will try to test water and open lah.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the spending power of the Malaysian able to handle the increase cost of the shops in and around the marina.
Unless it's mainly catered to the Singaporean weekend tourist then the business will be slow. Else it will take at least 5 year to generate the critical mass.
Malaysia projects usually come with big bang but can fizzle out. Wonder what's happening to JPO? Anyone still going there to shop?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
In recent ads on all TV channels in Singapore, CG keep emphasising "30% ownership are Singaporeans".
So, only one third of the buyers are Singaporeans, then who are the others??
I think, there are probably another 30% to 40% are SPRs cos they will be buying as Malaysians.
And the rest, by some other Malaysians and foreigners will be mainly Mainland Chinese.
If only 30% of buyers are Singaporeans to date, then it does reflects a low take up rate by Singaporeans despite the prime location and all the hype and promotions.
And the absolutely fake "Gold Coast living" bait is probably not working at all.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
In recent ads on all TV channels in Singapore, CG keep emphasising "30% ownership are Singaporeans".
So, only one third of the buyers are Singaporeans, then who are the others??
I think, there are probably another 30% to 40% are SPRs cos they will be buying as Malaysians.
And the rest, by some other Malaysians and foreigners will be mainly Mainland Chinese.
If only 30% of buyers are Singaporeans to date, then it does reflects a low take up rate by Singaporeans despite the prime location and all the hype and promotions.
And the absolutely fake "Gold Coast living" bait is probably not working at all.

You're right. lots of heavy marketing in singapore dailies and weekend paper. Mainly RNF and CG. Last week and this weekend too.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Setia and ecoworld not much advertising in singapore recently. only china developer. specifically, two china developer. too many units, not enough buyer.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another huge project is coming up from Greenland (beside Country Garden).. The two china developer has to let go as much units as possible before the competition gets even tougher..

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
LEGOLAND/Medini and PH residents have not even moved in yet. When Medini or PH are up and running in full capacity, we are looking @ 10,000 units each on average with about 50,000 residents and probably another 50K on residents for the businesses and commercials.

This is the time to see who has holding power. Obviously many shops simply open for the sake of "being the first" and never think about holding for the long term. Some shops in Sutera Utama also faced the same state when the owners bought for RM 700,000. Many set up all kinds of businesses, level 1 and about 70% of all level 2 and 3 are empty. Its like a ghost town.

Take a 2nd look at Sutera Utama shoplots now. RM 2.5 million on average and its so packed that I have boycotted it for a year

Where is the 50K residents and additional 50K businesses residents coming from leh ? And 50K population size is too small. In Singapore , one small Jurong Point have a population size of at least 500K in surounding areas and a key MRT station within.

Sutera Utama was the first big scale project that do reasonable well , because there was many old towns surounding it , these old towns does not have any big malls at that time. Now suddenly , we have so many big malls coming out in a short span of time . After Sutera Mall , come Bukit Indah Areon, then Bukit Indah Jusco , Bukit Indah Tesco , Giant, KSL city ... and lately Danga Utama ( Still a ghost town ) . All these are condsider small scale if you look at what is coming out next few years.
On the pipe line we have at least another 5 to 6 malls ( the size of Vivo City or Suntec City ). One such malls needs at least 500K residents to support leh. If I am not wrong the whole of JB got only 1.5m to 2m people . They think JB peoples dont need to work one , can shop 365days , 24hrs, going from one mall to the next.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually not keeping track there. CG is 9k units am i right? RF really 20k units? what is the devt time frame? their recent launch how many units arrrh? kamsia..

their recent launch is either 3k or 7k units ...cannot remember . actually the whole devmt is closer to 30K units (OMG !) but I dunno over how many years...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
People in JB will grow, understand ? YOU also forgotten to count the Malaysian Singapore PR.

You say can growth , growth how many millions by 2020 when Iskandar fully develope ? 10K also growth , 50K also growth, must have a figure to justified the developements , like what Singapore did with the white paper right ?
Currently , everybody here is guessing (even ex PM Dr M also guessing you know ?) , who, where and what . ( who come, come from where , and where is the high paying jobs , too many questions , ) If growth too fast the locals may go riot you know , currently 1.2m local suddenly in 2020 we have 3m , mostly foreigners, everything will go skyhigh but not salary . Locals kena overrun by foreigners . You think the local Malaysians is more accomodating than the Singaporean ?

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know your concern. There are many FDI coming in to Iskandar Development to create many jobs later. You will see many expats from euro ang moh, china and singapore work and stay in JB in near future. Dont worry..... We will welcome them with our open arms!

You say you welcome the foreigner and Singaporean . But your Ministars only welcome the Money (FDI) but not the people leh . You see after FDI pour in , next you have increasing taxes , vep , high tolls , housing quota etc .., to stop the people flowing in /out . I stay in JB , for last few years but yet to meet one single Singaporean that is gainfully employed by the Malaysian goverment as top civil servant. In Singapore we have some Ministers who was FTs , OK . We even pay FTs 100s of thousands just to play Ping Pong , OK .So talk is easy , must show it in action OK .

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
You say can growth , growth how many millions by 2020 when Iskandar fully develope ? 10K also growth , 50K also growth, must have a figure to justified the developements , like what Singapore did with the white paper right ?
Currently , everybody here is guessing (even ex PM Dr M also guessing you know ?) , who, where and what . ( who come, come from where , and where is the high paying jobs , too many questions , ) If growth too fast the locals may go riot you know , currently 1.2m local suddenly in 2020 we have 3m , mostly foreigners, everything will go skyhigh but not salary . Locals kena overrun by foreigners . You think the local Malaysians is more accomodating than the Singaporean ?

IMHO, the main population growth catalyst will be internal migration from other states to JB, due to RTS completion. HSR can also help boost retail in the western side, but we are talking about a long time-frame for the western side, unless another catalytic project comes up between now and HSR, such as Disneyland.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, the main population growth catalyst will be internal migration from other states to JB, due to RTS completion. HSR can also help boost retail in the western side, but we are talking about a long time-frame for the western side, unless another catalytic project comes up between now and HSR, such as Disneyland.

That is why ex PM Dr.M is questioning whether these people from the poorer states can afford to stay in our 1M condo and eat at PH . Didnt you read what he has to say ?