• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chile Permanent Residence

nicolewong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Famous Chinese restaurant in Chile:

Madam Tusan
Boulevard del Parque Arauco
Av. Presidente Kennedy 5413
Santiago, Chile

Some of the VIPs and celebrities who dine at Madam Tusan:

P4hlotn.jpg

nicolewong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trade Between Chile And China Grew 22 Percent In 7 Years As China Became Chile's Biggest Trading Partner

By Patricia Rey Mallén
September 06 2013

Trade between Chile and China grew 22 percent since the two countries signed a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) in 2005. According to the Chilean Department of Studies of International Economic Relations, or Direcon, as it's known in Spanish, in 2012 Chile-China trading increased 4 percent compared to the previous year.

China received more Chilean exports than any other nation for the first time in 2007, when it surpassed the United States for that distinction. That year, exports to China represented 15.5 percent of Chile's exports, whereas the U.S. accounted for only 14.7 percent of exports. In 2012, Chile’s exports to China reached $18 billion, compared to its exports to the U.S., which totaled $9.4 billion.

Before then, the U.S. had been Chile’s biggest export market, especially after the Free Trade Agreement between the two countries came into force in 2004. By 2009, bilateral trade between the two countries increased 141 percent to $15.4 billion.

But as China’s FTA agreement came into force in 2006 -- the first of its kind with a Latin American country -- China took a particular interest in Chile’s copper industry, the world's largest largest. As a result, 80 percent of the country's exported copper in 2012 went to China, totaling $14 billion.

Non-mining produce, like fruit, grew 83 percent in exports to China between 2005 and 2012.

The U.S.' biggest imported item from Chile was also copper, but the U.S. imported much less of it than China: $3.2 billion in 2012. Other goods imported from Chile included fruits ($1.4 billion), fish ($988 million) and wood ($562 million).

“Since we signed the FTA, trade between China and Chile has not stopped growing -- 10 years ago, Chile exported less than $1 billion [worth of goods and services] to China. Today, we export more than $18 billion,” said Mathias Francke, director of Direcon.

Nevertheless, the United States is still the nation from which Chile imports the most goods and services. In the last 10 years, U.S. exports to Chile grew 600 percent, from $2.7 billion in 2003 to $18.9 billion last year. In that decade, Chile grew from being the 35th largest market for U.S. exports to the 19th largest. The top U.S. exported goods to Chile in 2012 were oil, planes and electrical machinery.

China is Chile's second biggest partner for imports. China imported $14.4 billion worth of manufactured goods, consisting mostly of mobile technology parts for laptops and cell phones. Imports from China increased 13 percent from 2011, and they grew by 24 percent compared to 2005.

nicolewong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 1st Chilean Conference of Chinese Teachers & the Inauguration Ceremony for Chilean Chinese Teacher’s Association Takes Place

aO3DZ9E.jpg

Vina Del Mar, Oct. 1st 2010 – the 1st Chilean Conference of Chinese Teachers & the Inauguration Ceremony for Chilean Chinese Teacher’s Association was held at the Confucius Institute at University of Saint Thomas. The event was sponsored by Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters, organized by the Confucius Institute at University of Saint Thomas and supported by the Cultural Office of the Chinese Embassy in Chile. A total of over 50 delegates hailing from 12 regions of Chile attended the congress.

wnPFvT3.jpg

The Chilean Chinese Teachers’ Association was established during the conference, in accordance with a proposal from the Cultural Office of the Chinese Embassy in Chile,. Delegates passed the constitution and voted to elect members of the 1st Board of Directors. During the meeting of the board of directors held sooner after the election, directors agreed that Yang Xiaoli, Duan Niyan, Han Pingwei, Huang Suzhen, Wu Qingjun, Lu Zhengfeng, Luo Ying; Sun Lifen would make up the Standing Council, Li Baozhang, Counselor of the Cultural Office of the Chinese Embassy in Chile was appointed as consultant, Yang Xiaoli was appointed Chairman, Duan Niyan, Han Pingwei, Huang Suzhen and Wu Qingjun as Vice Chairmen and Vice Chairwomen, Luo Ying was elected as Secretary General.

byNXWkt.jpg

TvwUBqr.jpg

nicolewong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese charter flights for Chilean cherries

uZ1gTQ1.jpg

In a breakthrough for Chilean cherry exports to China, China Eastern Airlines launches first direct charter flights from Santiago to Shanghai

The first-ever charter flights carrying Chilean cherries to China will take off next week. China Eastern is introducing two direct services from Santiago to Shanghai that will each be loaded with 110 tonnes of cherries.

“I can confirm that China Eastern will run two charter flights from Santigao airport to Shanghai Pudong International,” China Eastern’s Steven Fang told Asiafruit. “The first flight will depart on 9 December, arriving on 11. The second one will take off on 13 December, arriving on 15.”

He said both flights would route via Miami International Airport (MIA) and Ted Stevens Anchorage International (ANC) but those stops would be to refuel only.

The two cargo flights, which will use the 747ERF aircraft, have been chartered following agreements between China Eastern Airlines and leading Chilean cherry exporters, according to Fang, who flew to Chile to coordinate the programme.

The deal marks a breakthrough for Chile’s booming cherry exports to China.

The vast majority of those exports travel by sea, with the first containers normally shipped towards the end of November. With a 30-day-plus transit time, the fruit usually does not arrive in China until the end of December, so airfreight is key to landing early-season fruit in the market and tapping into the pre-seafreight demand. However, the airfreight options are limited for Chilean exporters, and fruit often has to be transhipped via other destinations, leading to delays and often damage.

“There aren't many international flights to the world from Santiago, especially during Chile’s airfreight season for cherries, from mid-November to the end of December,” explained Kurt Huang of Shanghai Huizhan Fruit and Vegetable Wholesale Market.

“We have to keep on tracking the shipments, and fruit has to go via a whole range of places – the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, New Zealand and Australia – to connect for the second voyage to China. It’s frequently delayed in the transhipment airport, which can push up the total transit time from three days to seven days and, in some extreme cases, more than 10 days.”

Chilean exporters also tend to use a ‘sea-air’ option in mid-December, which involves seafreighting fruit from Chile, usually to Los Angeles, for onward shipment by air to export destinations in Asia. However, Huang noted that this method has yet to be approved by Chinese quarantine authorities.

“The industry has been dreaming of a direct air-service from Chile, and now that dream will come true,” Huang told Asiafruit. “Even though it might only be two flights, it's a real breakthrough.”

Indeed, with each cargo flight set to be loaded with 110 tonnes of cherries, a significant volume will land on the Shanghai market in a short period.

“It’s going to be challenging because of the big volume arriving on the market at one time,” noted Huang. “We'll need fast distribution to the other cities after it arrives in Shanghai.”

nicolewong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chile: Shen Yun Presents Authentic Chinese Culture in Santiago

Shen Yun Performing Arts won warm applause from the audience in Teatro Teleton at the end of its second show in Chile. The sophisticated, colorful costumes and the creative choreography brought the benevolent and beautiful divinely-inspired Chinese culture to the people of Chile. The performance made the Chinese in the audience proud as well.
0CFlFMc.jpg

Mr. Ke Jisheng, Director of the Taipei Economic and Culture Office in Chile, and his wife attended the Shen Yun performance. Mr. Ke agreed with the ideas presented in the show-- promoting kindness and righteousness conquers evil. He admired Shen Yun for promoting Chinese culture in western society.

Mrs. Ke liked the dances in The Mystical Phoenix, Welcoming Spring, and Knowing the True Picture Offers Ultimate Hope. "I could feel the strong belief of Falun Gong practitioners from the dances. It tells me that righteousness conquers evil and good deeds will be rewarded."

Chinese Businessman: Magnificent Work to Bring Chinese Culture to the World

Ms. Guo said, "The artists did a terrific job. They are very professional." She loved the Tibetan dance as well as Lady of the Moon, Drummers of the Tang Court, and Welcoming Spring. "I am proud of being a Chinese. I feel it's such a great nation in the world."

Ms. Guo's husband Humberto is from Chile. Humberto enjoyed the art and learned about Chinese culture at the same time. "It's very interesting and unbelievably good. I learned a lot. There was great coordination between artists in every program. Magnificent!"

Humberto was sad after watching the program Heaven Awaits Us Despite Persecution. "It shows an abnormal situation in China. (The practitioners) try to correct the situation. The most important thing to a life is to be able to endure and to be open-minded."

Chinese Couple: Brilliant
l5YbKeO.jpg

Mr. Wang came with his wife and two daughters. He liked the masculine acting from the male dancers. Mr. Wang's wife loved Mongolian Chopsticks, Drummers of the Tang Court, and Welcoming Spring. "Marvelous!" she said. "They are brilliant. They can turn something long into fans and circular flowers."
ujuTgk4.jpg

Mrs. Wang had been paying attention to the reviews of Shen Yun's performance on Youtube. When she learned that Shen Yun was coming to Chile, she booked the tickets without hesitation.

Xiaojun just graduated from college majoring in public management. She was in love with all the programs, "I especially like the costumes of the women dancers. The colors were amazing." Xiaojuns' sister Yiling added, "I can't describe how much I love it."

Violinist: Noticeable Chinese Culture

Professor of music, Mr. Alvarez, teaches violin at a grammar school. Mr. Alvarez said the show was wonderful. "Pretty, the radiance, the music, the synchronization of the ... dancers with very precise movements, and the messages that they deliver are very clear. All the ideas, for example the spring, [Welcoming Spring] all the effects that relate to flowers ... the percussionists, indeed a very pretty show, the prettiest."

Mr. Alvarez found the piece Mongolian Chopsticks very joyful and friendly. Another piece with a powerful message he said was Heaven Awaits Us Despite Persecution, in which a father is persecuted for practicing Falun Dafa, a traditional spiritual discipline. The idea that good people are ultimately rewarded is beautiful. I like it!"

Mr. Alvarez particularly liked the singing in the show, "Very professional, especially the soprano's performance! It was brilliant that a person could have such a resonant voice."

Mr. Alvarez said that he would share this show with his students because "They present another culture that is different from ours, a philosophy and a way of thinking that is very different from ours."

Martial Artists: Every Program is Outstanding

Martial Arts instructor for more than 35 years, Mr. Jara, said the show was spectacular. "Very beautiful," he said during intermission. "From a more technical eye [I liked] the part of coordination, the performances we have seen so far are excellent."

Mr. Jara said he was attracted to the Chinese artistry because of his origins in martial arts--his practice has its roots in China. "So far I realize this is very close to what I was saying about Chinese and Eastern countries' ancient culture," he said.

Mr. Jara is referring to a modern-day story of the persecution of the spiritual practice, Falun Gong in China. A father is persecuted for practicing Falun Gong, causing a family to be broken forever, yet hope shines through with the longstanding Chinese belief that good people are ultimately rewarded, even if not in this lifetime.

"Every program is outstanding, especially the matching of the colors and the coordination between artists. The stage setup was perfect. It's hard to say which program is the best."

Mr. Jara eventually picked one program that was most impressive to him, "Especially the performance of the modern family (Heaven Awaits Us Despite Persecution), where they search to connect [with their origin] again ... and because of the regime ruling in their place of birth, they can't achieve it." "That caught my attention," Mr. Jara said. "Because here in Chile there are also many people who try to search the origin, the root, and for several reasons it can't be done."

Sales Executive: Proud of Having Chinese Ancestry

Mr. Sergio Castillo, an executive of sales, and Ms. Marcela Suzarte were among the enthusiastic crowd watching the show. Mr. Castillo is one-fourth Chinese. His friend introduced the show to him after seeing the previous show. Mr. Castillo's favorite part was the coordination among artists. "Crisp!" he said.
UvEkPVn.jpg

The Shen Yun performance helped Mr. Castillo see what traditional China looks like in a short two hours' time. The marvelous culture made him proud of his Chinese ancestry. "When the host talked about the variety in Chinese culture, I have a picture in my head the vast land of China. However, we also see what is happening in China."
Ms. Suzarte is a former civil servant with the Air Force and is now retired. "Wonderful! The colors are gorgeous, everything is pretty, pretty, the music, and all is wonderful," said Ms. Suzarte, noting that she loved the whole show.

"All the discipline, and the synchronization I found to be wonderful," Ms. Suzarte said, adding that the show was "excellent."

Business Owner: Spectacular!

Mr. Manuel Romero is an owner of a company that supplies mining industry equipment. "Spectacular," said Mr. Romero. "The truth is [the show] has been very moving, I am very pleased I attended the performance."

"We men are, of course, more interested in male dances, like that of the warrior, of the people who look for some ideals, and that has impressed me--the bravery that the male performers portrayed in all their dances."