SG Live Bet WPL Bet 88
SG Tipster

Thread: After Cheaper Betterer Faster, labour minister Lim SS says Easier Smarter Safer(Huh?)

My Reputation Points: 4043 / Power: 15

Question After Cheaper Betterer Faster, labour minister Lim SS says Easier Smarter Safer(Huh?)

Future growth will not be at expense of workers: Lim Swee Say
    By Tan Qiuyi
    POSTED: 01 May 2013 11:16 PM

SINGAPORE: Labour chief Lim Swee Say said the national drive to raise productivity does not mean workers have to work harder and longer hours.

He said the effort is also about making jobs easier and smarter.

He asked: "The question is, how? How can we succeed? From the labour perspective there are three 'how's."

Known for snappy acronyms like "Cheaper, Better, Faster" (CBF), Mr Lim has coined a new one for how Singapore should hit its productivity targets.

Mr Lim said: "The first 'how' is to be CBF, the second 'how' is to make the job, make the life of the worker more ESS - easier, smarter and safer. In the context of Singapore, given our low unemployment, tight labour market, there's a third ‘how’. Beyond CBF, beyond ESS…that is to value every worker."

One group singled out for more support is the elderly.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has called for a "practical approach" to allow as many as possible to work, for as long as possible. Unionists said most workers want to continue working past retirement, even into their 70s.

K Thanaletchimi, president of Healthcare Services Employees’ Union, said almost 100 per cent of those eligible for re-employment in the healthcare sector choose to take it up.

She said: "The incentives are there, bonuses are given to good performers, because it's performance-based, so there's no short change for re-employed workers. And they also want to lead a meaningful life, an active life, and also to cascade their knowledge competency down to the youngsters."

However, G Muthukumarasamy, general secretary at Amalgamated Union of Public Daily Rated Workers, said: "Cost of living, household income - if their children (are) good, (and earn a) high salary, they won't work. If their children are not at that level, they need to work."

Kalshum Mohamed Ali, general secretary at Union of Security Employees, commented: "Out of ten, I believe seven are willing to work. The rest want to relax at home after they retire."

A higher salary remains a top concern for most workers, especially in low-wage sectors like security and cleaning.

Beyond that, unionists said increasing concerns of both rank-and-file workers and PMETs alike are better work life balance and more recognition for the work they do.

- CNA/xq
    Hardcore supporter since 2014

My Reputation Points: 3505 / Power: 12

Default Re: After Cheaper Betterer Faster, labour minister Lim SS says Easier Smarter Safer(H

we pay this joker millions to come up with these useless acronyms....well done 60.1% sinkies!

Obstructing the development of political parties and competitive candidates is as fraudulent as stuffing ballot boxes.
    Buying votes with state resources is as fraudulent as stealing them outright during the tally.
    Dominating the media or stacking the electoral commission with friends is as fraudulent as violating the secrecy of the vote.

My Reputation Points: 339 / Power: 6

Default Re: After Cheaper Betterer Faster, labour minister Lim SS says Easier Smarter Safer(H

Ha ha..just after Labour Day this Zorro Clown Joker come out
    to spew nonsense to justify his multi-million dollar salary & bonus.
    On Labour Day 1-5-2013 he must be damned happy n climaxed to
    see his April 2013 CPF statements...he must have jerked off many times
    on Labour Day.
    What a retarded fake ntuc chief... he is a disgrace to the
    trade union movement in Singapore.

My Reputation Points: 3260 / Power: 13

Quote Originally Posted by batman1 View Post
    What a retarded fake ntuc chief... he is a disgrace to the
    trade union movement in Singapore.
    What trade union movement?

My Reputation Points: 1244 / Power: 7

Hoi !

Apa CBF atau ESS Jangan bedek lah !

Mana CPF at age 55 ?

My Reputation Points: 752 / Power: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader View Post
    Future growth will not be at expense of workers: Lim Swee Say
    By Tan Qiuyi

[/COLOR]
    Mr Lim said: "The first 'how' is to be CBF, the second 'how' is to make the job, make the life of the worker more ESS - easier, smarter and safer. In the context of Singapore, given our low unemployment, tight labour market, there's a third ‘how’. Beyond CBF, beyond ESS…that is to value every worker."
    [- CNA/xq[/FONT]
    He is paid million dollars a year to think of new acronym for Labour Day. Therafter, his union is as paralyse as a lame duck, otherwise you will see him sucking LHL's balls like what Yeo Guat Kwan did with every opportune time and which pretty much sum up our Minister's profile.
    Last edited by myfoot123; 02-05-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    List of my boycott establishments:-

Tung Lok
    Breadtalk/Toast Box
    Jollibee
    Citibank (who employed more than 40% foreigners)
    La Fonde restuarant
    ...will add on to the blacklist as deemed necessary for patriotic reason.

My Reputation Points: 2896 / Power: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Narong Wongwan View Post
    we pay this joker millions to come up with these useless acronyms....well done 60.1% sinkies!

hi there

1. aiyoh!
    2. such another expensive farter that goes around farting again and again.
    3. and even being paid for doing it.
    4. the 3rd how: how, hower howerest
    5. one thing for sure: it is the ugliest dafter sheep in its herd

My Reputation Points: 564 / Power: 4

How many times must a person lie to you before you never take his word?
    Once? Twice?

Then never will you believe that bastard anymore.

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THOSE MAGGOTS IN WHITE LIED?

EVERY FUCKING TIME.
    WORK TO THROW OUT ALL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS MAGGOTS IN WHITE IN 2016 SO THEY CAN NO LONGER FUCK AND SUCK US OF OUR MONEY INTO LKY STINKING STINKAPORE SOVEREIGN FUND AND THEIR GROTESQUE SALARIES.

PRAY THAT LKY GO EAT JOSS STICKS AND CANDLE WAX SOON.
    AND THE ENTIRE PAP BASED ON GREED AND SELF INTEREST AND SCUMS OF SOCIETY WILL IMPLODE INTO AN ORGY OF FRONT STABBING AND BACK STABBING AS THEY TRY TO KILL FIRST BEFORE GETTING KILLED THEMSELVES

My Reputation Points: 36 / Power: 3

How about SBF ---> Simple, Basic, Free.

You see even commoner like me can do the minister way; CBF, ESS, SBF, etc...
    Ha ha...
    Last edited by greenies; 02-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.

My Reputation Points: 245 / Power: 2

I'm culminating whenever I listened to his English accent.

My Reputation Points: 264 / Power: 0

I have a new catchphrase:

LIM SWEE SAY. FUCK YOU.

My Reputation Points: 110 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by greenies View Post
    How about SBF ---> Simple, Basic, Free.

You see even commoner like me can do the minister way; CBF, ESS, SBF, etc...
    Ha ha...
    SBF ---> Surf Before Fucking

My Reputation Points: 725 / Power: 7

All his CBF, ESS could just as well sound like a good motto to have for a one night fucking at Geylang...cheaper, betterer, fasterer; Easier, smarterer, saferer...
    Last edited by kingrant; 02-05-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Unknown unknowns:
    1. On 31st August 1963, LKY declared Singapore to be independent, and it was - for 16 days until it merged with Malaysia.
    2. Know who was JBJ's best man when he married his wife? Tan Boon Teik, who was an Attorney General of Singapore.
    3. And who was LKY's best man? Don't tell you.....
    You didn't know that; but now you know!