• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The RETIREMENT thread

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Leongsam speaks like one of the PAP MPs justifying why we need more money in cpf. Have 2 good properties, one for staying one for earning. Use the passive income from the 2nd property to finance your living plus earn more income. Dont be fooled by this PAP burger trying to make life seems extremely tough.

All I'm doing is encouraging people to aim a bit higher. Why stop at two properties? Why not 2 properties plus a business to sell when the time is right?

happyjoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
x properties / a business to sell doesn't matter if it still doesn't cover your needs.

The most important part of all the equation is to work out what is enough bec if you don't all you have is a moving target.

I found it useful to segregate needs vs wants. to retire earlier, just be more ruthless here.

By not keeping up with Joneses, the target is more achievable.

Agree with the boss, retirement is well within reach of most, it just requires planning, discipline and fortitude.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x properties / a business to sell doesn't matter if it still doesn't cover your needs.

The most important part of all the equation is to work out what is enough bec if you don't all you have is a moving target.

I found it useful to segregate needs vs wants. to retire earlier, just be more ruthless here.

By not keeping up with Joneses, the target is more achievable.

Agree with the boss, retirement is well within reach of most, it just requires planning, discipline and fortitude.

Hi Joe, Agree.

I can retire by spending only ten dollars a day.:o

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Important to find hobby after retirement. surfing SBF is not a good hobby although I log in occasionally.

Next on the pipe line, set up my new zen moss/fern garden, set up a 3 feet tropical fish aquarium. practise TIG welding, built my first own wooden furniture. :smile:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Important to find hobby after retirement. surfing SBF is not a good hobby although I log in occasionally.

Next on the pipe line, set up my new zen moss/fern garden, set up a 3 feet tropical fish aquarium. practise TIG welding, built my first own wooden furniture. :smile:

Are you joking ? Do you know how long I take to clear off the green moss from the pond surface and bank ?:eek::confused:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you joking ? Do you know how long I take to clear off the green moss from the pond surface and bank ?:eek::confused:
Are you refering to the algae or moss? Moss is ok, even a little bit of algae is ok. Get a few plecos to take care of the algaes.

Try cultivating rare ferns like platyceriums...they are challenging and delightful :smile:

This one look interesting. Will take a look on my next visit to the weekend plant market.