• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC Scholar Thinking How to Break Bond!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top> Coffee Shop Talk - Give scholarships to foreigners wif care</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">sgnews <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">2:48 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>766.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Give scholarships to foreigners with care
I REFER to Sunday's article, 'Singapore gave them a chance to study abroad'. I am all for embracing foreign talent, for after all, the United States, like Singapore, is a nation of immigrants, and the US has grown to be the world's leading superpower.
However, I urge the scholarship committee to be judicious in its award of scholarships. While I do not doubt the sincerity of foreign scholars wanting to serve Singapore when they receive the scholarships - when they are still young and na�ve - it is another tale after they have been exposed to the exciting and enticing world out there. Let me recount a story.
At a seminar last year, I met a Chinese scholarship holder with a prestigious statutory board. In our short conversation, he lamented how he dreads having to serve his six-year bond, for after studying at a prestigious university in Britain, he found there were many other attractive job opportunities and he felt his talent was under-used in Singapore.
Given that the statutory board focused on Singapore's external enterprise growth, he was assured an exciting opportunity to work in its overseas offices as part of his training programme.
Not that it mattered, for he was thinking of how to break his bond, for he wanted success, not after serving his bond but immediately. He felt staying in Singapore would impede his ability to let his talent shine, for it was too small for him.
In fact, he shied away from being associated with Singaporeans. When I commented that his English was tinged with a British accent despite his years of study in Singapore, he beamed and said he was happy to get rid of his Singapore English accent: 'Do I sound British? Oh great.'
I left the seminar with a heavy heart. Have we made the right choice in grooming foreign talent, only to have them snub us? Indeed, we have allowed them to realise how fortunate they are to study in top universities abroad - so much so, they feel they are too good for Singapore.
He Yanying
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun expect him to be shamed like what they did to NSman scholars cos this would be a slap on the Old Fart! Perhaps these PRC bastards dun even need to pay back a single cent if they were to run road!

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS slaves try to break bond of 2 years NS slavery and 20 years of reservist. No scholarships rewards here just the sheer bad luck of being born as a sg citizen.

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I commented that his English was tinged with a British accent despite his years of study in Singapore, he beamed and said he was happy to get rid of his Singapore English accent: 'Do I sound British? Oh great.'

Chinamen speaks British English while sinkie speaks singlish :(

kitkat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope they can give scholarship to singaporean only...at least we know our tax money would not go down the drains
<!-- / message -->

Some of these foreigners take the government for granted :(

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PRC just need to fly out of Singapore. And the Singapore gov. cannot do anything because is not a big crime like killing/murder. Interpol cannot do anything also.
They only Singapore gov. can do is sue/jail them and hold theirs passport once they come back. Those come back is idiots once they run away.
That the risk gov. have to take when they give scholarship to others country. That why once they graduate gov. will provide them a job or before graduate already been offer a job so they will not fly away to reduce the risk of breaking Bond.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he just want to run away , Singapore goverment also LAN LAN. Fly back to CHINA and you think SIngpaore goverment can look for him ?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He felt staying in Singapore would impede his ability to let his talent shine, for it was too small for him.
In fact, he shied away from being associated with Singaporeans. When I commented that his English was tinged with a British accent despite his years of study in Singapore, he beamed and said he was happy to get rid of his Singapore English accent: 'Do I sound British? Oh great.'

HAHAHA... I told you so. Anyone with a brain will want to stay away from anything regarding sinkie; it's behavior, it's accent and it's future.

And he knows the real definition of big and small and very clear about it.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
I left the seminar with a heavy heart. Have we made the right choice in grooming foreign talent, only to have them snub us? Indeed, we have allowed them to realise how fortunate they are to study in top universities abroad - so much so, they feel they are too good for Singapore.

Why enter a guilt-by-association with these mean and ugly worthless heartland parasites?

I also speak both Mandarin and English with an accent, and people think I am from China or studied in a college in England. I don't know why it happens but I say I'm glad for it and I think this is a good thing.

This pussy writer is an ugly fuck face useless wimp loser and he should just shut his damn hole up and go fuck himself.