• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reese Witherspoon 'arrested for disorderly conduct'

Simmons

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Reese Witherspoon 'arrested for disorderly conduct'

Hollywood darling and all-round good girl actress Reese Witherspoon has shocked America after it emerged that she had allegedly been arrested and briefly jailed for disorderly conduct while her husband was alledgedly arrested for drink driving.

reese-witherspoon_2542586b.jpg

Reese Witherspoon has long avoided controversy Photo: Getty Images

By Bonnie Malkin
11:56PM BST 21 Apr 2013

Witherspoon, who won an Academy Award for her role in Walk the Line in 2005, was reportedly in the car when Jim Toth was spotted by police weaving across a double line in Atlanta.

A report in Variety magazine claimed that when officers pulled the car over, Witherspooon repeatedly disobeyed instructions from the police to stay inside the car and had to be handcuffed.

"Mrs Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer," the report quoted one policeman as saying. "I told Mrs Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet."

It went on: "Mrs Witherspoon asked 'Do you know my name', I answered 'No, I don't need to know your name.' I then added 'Right now.' Mrs Witherspoon stated, 'You're about to find out who I am'."

The pair were taken to a police station and later released on bond. They are due in court on Monday but their lawyers are expected to ask for a delay.

Witherspoon's agent has not yet commented.

The incident will embarrass the veteran actress, who, unlike many of her contemporaries, has long avoided controversy, run-ins with the law and humiliating public meltdowns.

Witherspoon, 37, and Toth, who is also her agent, were married in March 2011 and had their first child together in September 2012.

The actress has two children with her former husband, Ryan Philippe.