• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Build a tunnel install ERP. Per entry 100 RM.
I think Meridin no chance as the deadline for submitting booking fee was a few days ago. Supposed to have more than 4000+ booking and only 700+ units available.

Location wise, it is by itself so I guess it is more exclusive.

Astaka is a high end project. Every unit has two pte lift and they suppose to build a tunnel connecting directly to CIQ!

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
150rm * 10.night is 1500rm. Is this conservative? Have u check out the rates of thistle, Granada and their sizes? Is occupancy rate high in jb?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JB do not have good class hotel.

Double Tree by Hilton will only interest me. I sure love to stay in Double Tree for a few nights.

Amara does not.

150rm * 10.night is 1500rm. Is this conservative? Have u check out the rates of thistle, Granada and their sizes? Is occupancy rate high in jb?

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

with the expansion of legoland and possible new theme parks plus the ferry from harborfront to PH, tourists arrivals will increase ?

jasonzq

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have the meridin hotel launched already ?what is the layout and psf ?currently trador is the only hotel in medini and ph area right?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the better hotels seems to be moving towardsthe city centre. Double tree, Renaissance also is quite good and it's running already.
I think with the current tightening of the foreigner quota in Singapore, more Malaysian are working in Johor. Which is good for the development of that state.skills are not being lost to Singapore.

JBIskandarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Meridin Hotel Suites (Block B & C) buy with Guaranteed Rental Return (GRR) for 15% (5%+5%+5%) for first 3 years, there after to follow market rate if you prefer to rent back to developer. 10% rebate, fully furnished and Free SPA and Loan legal fee. Block A all SOVO with different package.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hotel suites the yield is considered low - unless ur paying by cash.

they usually take some of the yield back as management fees, sinking fund, maintanance. end of the day u may be left with nothing after paying mortgage. If u going full cash there are thing that give better yeild than 5% with less headache, REITS for example......

unless the GRR is after expenses, i would not consider it. just my 2 cents

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good point. There are other investment types for this level of returns. This is the first time that they are doing this so they might not be able to achieve their returns.

I am not sure what fine print you have to look through before plonking down cold hard cash for this investment vehicle

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good point. There are other investment types for this level of returns. This is the first time that they are doing this so they might not be able to achieve their returns.

I am not sure what fine print you have to look through before plonking down cold hard cash for this investment vehicle

Most likely need to refurbish the furniture and room décor after a few years. So someone has to pay for it. Wear and tear should be higher due to many very short term users. I think the returns should be quite low after factoring all.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like the developer is trying to lower his risk by getting investors to participate while he gains experience in the hotel business.
If the deal is so good he could probably run the whole hotel himself.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
image.jpg

image.jpg

Astaka progress......

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I been to the showroom in May/June. Took pics of the sales chart. was at 67% sold then. Yes its impressive. The showroom also very empty. I guess too expensive at 3mil plus per pop now. PSF 12xx onward now.
The launch offer looks like a bargain compared to now..... 8xx psf, DIBS, legal subsidy, cant remember whats else is included. I have the price list given by the agent but obviously its not up to date