• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buy to let hotel investment in Thailand - SCAM??

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The only thing I know is, if it is such a good investment, the people involved would have kept it for themselves. It is the same for those "Get Rich" seminars. If they knew how to become rich, then they do not have to conduct seminars and teach people.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have $$$ you can buy properties in Malaysia, Thailand, etc & simply rent them out yourself. However you must do your own homework. Heck you can even buy hotels in Thailand & run it yourself.

To put money investing in some hotels may be risky. It will be run by strangers. You don't know if they are honest or even good managers?
I have no direct knowledge & this is just my opinion:smile:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
anyone can advise on such investment? scam or not?

http://www.castlewoodgroup.com/sg/edm/20130411iproperty/

First and foremost, please check whether the hotel unit belongs to the investor or not. That means that the title deed of the unit actually belongs to the investor.

If it is in situation that investos own a certain % of the company and the company own the hotel, then it is a tricky situation.. Example the company own all 200 units of the hotel. On paper, you own 5% of the company, so they will tell you that effectively, you own 1 unit. They got all legal agreement done blah blah blah..

Sounds good? Think again!

What if the company run road? What if the Legal arrangement is not that Legal after all (some sort of proxy)? Is proxy legal in Thailand? Dun listen to the Thai lawyer alone, check with the Thai Government!

To be safe, just buy a property under your own name with the title deed registering you as the sole owner!

At the end of the day, it is as simple as "If it is too good to be true, it is not true"!

Last edited:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw similar schemes in Bali whan I went to the property expo in MBS a few weeks back.

Never invest in such schemes and those timeshare or land banking. Just buy direct.

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
JWNY, do you happen to know of any local bank that can loan to buy Aussie property? UOB can't cover there.

UOB Singapore or their Thai office?

bros, sorry i didn't see the messages earlier. Aussie might be difficult, not that I know off. UOB has strong presence in Thailand (compared to DBS and OCBC)

eRotica, the loan offered by UOB Singapore but will be facilitated by Thailand UOB at some point eventually. http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/personal/loans/uob_thailand_homeloan_form.pdf

Q6. How do I repay my loan?
If you take up a UOB International Home Loan-Thailand to purchase a residential property, your instalments over the repayment period will be calculated based on your full loan amount. Your first instalment will commence one month from the date of disbursement of loan. For example, if your loan is disbursed on 25 June, your first instalment will be due on 25 July. Your last repayment date will be the final maturity date stated in your Loan Agreement with the Bank. We will assist you in opening a personal account with one of our branches in the loan currency of your choice for you to settle your monthly loan instalments.

There is also a loan facility from Bangkok Bank - http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Loans/Pages/Default.aspx

Last edited: