• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL Made Bad Jokes Abt China

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please share some examples.

"
[SIZE=3[COLOR="#FF0000"]]Singapore PM draws laughs in US speech[/SIZE]
WASHINGTON: Singapore is well-known for its efficiency and order, but on a visit to Washington the city state’s prime minister displayed a less advertised attribute — humor.

In an after-dinner speech to U.S. businessmen, Lee Hsien Loong made a couple of jokes that could pass for stand-up comedy.

He drew laughs — and some groans — with his quips, including about China’s environmental problems.

“Beijing residents joke that to get a free smoke all they have to do is open their windows!” Lee said.

He then alluded to thousands of pig carcasses recently fished from Chinese rivers.

“(In) Shanghai, if you want some pork soup, you just turn on the tap,” he said.

His audience appeared doubtful if that was good taste, until he added: “That’s their joke, not mine!” --AP

Read more: Singapore PM draws laughs in US speech - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/singapore-pm-draws-laughs-in-us-speech-1.247266#ixzz2PNzrLKrh[/COLOR]

Crane

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens when you have someone who is only good at studies and make him a leader of a country.

I bet the jokes were scripted before hand and practised hard in front of a mirror to achieve some comic effect.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he angry with China? Politicians make jokes about themselves (to be seen as self effacing) or their opponents (to whack them).

Crane

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he angry with China? Politicians make jokes about themselves (to be seen as self effacing) or their opponents (to whack them).

The last time when Singapore was at the receiving end of China's displeasure was when LHL visited Taiwan. Certain Singapore organized expo in Shanghai was cancelled by China in retaliation to this.

I wonder if the capricious chinese netizens will play up this bad joke in their internet forums to vent their animosity towards us. I wonder which Singapore businesses will suffer because of this.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... His audience appeared doubtful if that was good taste, until he added: “That’s their joke, not mine!” ...
tis burger joke oso nid 2 quote from 10 yr serires ... cant even tel n original joke! ...

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Sinkieland...if u wanna smoke...you can oni do it at ur window...all other place most likely will kena orgong...

In Sinkieland...if u wanna drink sewage (new)water...jus turn on de tap...

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet the jokes were scripted before hand and practised hard in front of a mirror to achieve some comic effect.

His unscripted jokes are even more hilarious. Remember his comments on "Chillis and Onions" at the 1st Singapore Grand Prix?
I believe the clip is still on You tube.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky to startled Yankee reporters:

"In Sinkieland, we pay the Pee M as much as we pay a stand up comedian. That's not a joke, I am standing in front of you."

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what happens when you have someone who is only good at studies and make him a leader of a country.

No EQ at all...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last time when Singapore was at the receiving end of China's displeasure was when LHL visited Taiwan. Certain Singapore organized expo in Shanghai was cancelled by China in retaliation to this.

I wonder if the capricious chinese netizens will play up this bad joke in their internet forums to vent their animosity towards us. I wonder which Singapore businesses will suffer because of this.

good question!! with PM like LHL scoring own goals, SG businesses dont need competitors in China

Crane

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you have a guy like that representing the country, I am bearish Singapore. Time to migrate.