• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Zapping into moderation

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like it is happening again. Bushtucker is one and I think there is another. We should not condone these things especially those with no buffer. Thankfully some have given them points but we cannot have forummers will little points living in fear or giving their opinions in a circumspect manner to avoid stepping on toes. Its put off people and some will walk away. Especially having cleared the moderation hurdle, this appears a low and unfair blow.

I wonder how we can protect these forummers and identify the culprits or have a scheme to protect these people.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, alone cannot be preoccupied with this. Maybe forummers here can suggest something workable. The moderation is there to stop spammers primarily. Its is however an expensive overhead for a newbie and having crossed it, it looks really bad when they are kicked out. I am sure some or more will just give up and go. No one notices it unless they are on the thread and notice it go red shortly after a post is being made.

tell us no use, better talk to the boss yourself.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if boss dun care, then there is nothing we can do. Just accept it as risk of noobs in a new forum.

Sam, alone cannot be preoccupied with this. Maybe forummers here can suggest something workable. The moderation is there to stop spammers primarily. Its is however an expensive overhead for a newbie and having crossed it, it looks really bad when they are kicked out. I am sure some or more will just give up and go. No one notices it unless they are on the thread and notice it go red shortly after a post is being made.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My points also nose-dived, but it will take awhile for any of these losers to knock me into moderation, but yeah, this is no good overall for newbies.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just PM me and I'll give the victim bonus points if my investigation shows evidence of gang rape.

I already gave honorary InfP status to two victims to send a message to bullies that zapping a nick into moderation may result in the opposite of what was intended.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just PM me and I'll give the victim bonus points if my investigation shows evidence of gang rape.

I already gave honorary InfP status to two victims to send a message to bullies that zapping a nick into moderation may result in the opposite of what was intended.

Besides Glaringly, who else did you give honorary InfP status?

PStanley

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I see a flaw in this. What if say, i use my clones to mass zap one of my clone and then PM u as a victim hoping to get honorary InfP status? :eek::rolleyes:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's Celebral i saw the other day. :biggrin:

s72CvmU.png

Found it... :biggrin:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've one loser zap me 90 pts and another zap me 73 pts.

These are high powered losers and if not for my buffer, I would have been in moderation a long time ago.

What with a nick like Sinkie, day in day out in this forum getting dishonorably slammed, especially by Tonychat and his genre. :eek::mad::(

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see a flaw in this. What if say, i use my clones to mass zap one of my clone and then PM u as a victim hoping to get honorary InfP status? :eek::rolleyes:

You dun need your clones to mass zap a newbie. With only 10 points, just a little poke from a 10 pointer and he mati.
Those who zap me are definitely regular gang-rapers with big points. One zap of 90 pts and another 73 pts would have sent many newbies to moderation and beyond. That's what happened to me.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zapped into moderation - Note

Thanks Sam.

A sticky advice to newbies might be helpful. Not keen to see people suffer in silence or not aware of the help that they can receive. Also notifies others to raise the alert.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thus the investigation I suppose. An automated link diagram can see the flow of points as they travel between entities overtime.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Zapped into moderation - Note

Thanks Sam.

A sticky advice to newbies might be helpful. Not keen to see people suffer in silence or not aware of the help that they can receive. Also notifies others to raise the alert.

More important is for Sammy to name-shame those gang-rapists as a sticky. This is the best way to stop. Giving help is honorary for a victim but it's the culprit we're trying to rid of.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Zapped into moderation - Note

Same here, I've been zapped for points a couple of times. No idea who or why, just cryptic comments. I suppose its just a hater, looks vaguely similar to the "troll" that used to do the same. Luckily, I have enough points to at least come in. Perhaps its all part of Sam's plan to get people to "buy" more points?

people used to zap me for no reason.