• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Japanese Economic Imperialism Overseas

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not quality work, just consistent. And recently, we are seeing consistent and expensive rubbish which the world does not need. Things are changing. The niceness on the surface will last as long as the debt funding to keep the social welfare in Japan going. But it is breaking down quite quickly and badly.

I agree the "made in Japan" tag will slowly lose its premium while others are rapidly upping their game in terms of innovation (korea) and cost(china).

Actually it's the first time I've heard about their debt crisis. I'll be reading more about it.

Anyway Japan's strong and loyal internal consumer demand should keep it going for a while.... unless another tsunami comes along and fuck them up again.

Personally I have been reluctant to work for a Japanese company because of the same horror stories you cited in the opening thread. But I've also heard worse about Korean companies (bosses flinging files across the office, shouting at lady staff etc). I won't consider chinese companies for now..

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree the "made in Japan" tag will slowly lose its premium while others are rapidly upping their game in terms of innovation (korea) and cost(china).

Actually it's the first time I've heard about their debt crisis. I'll be reading more about it.

Anyway Japan's strong and loyal internal consumer demand should keep it going for a while.... unless another tsunami comes along and fuck them up again.

Personally I have been reluctant to work for a Japanese company because of the same horror stories you cited in the opening thread. But I've also heard worse about Korean companies (bosses flinging files across the office, shouting at lady staff etc). I won't consider chinese companies for now..

It is a debt funded internal demand. Most of Japan's products are made in China. China can produce high quality for the world if Japan does not want to buy. QC is the issue, meaning every 3 items you make only 1 passes. In spite of this, Jap companies still buy as it is cheaper than their overly inflated wages can produce. They start to slash wages of workers once they leave Japan. They treat everyone like 3rd world slaves. If the Koreans would just behave better, the Japanese would lose totally. Koreans at least design what the world wants and needs. Japan shy of a few big companies, design things that they want the world to need. It is usually useless innovations that anyone can copy but they charge an arm and a leg for it. It is the kind of innovation that any country can copy tomorrow. They like to overdo things when the product life is just 3 years and not 30 years. Their recycling laws are murdering their country. So be it. The debt crisis there is much worse than it is put out to be. Just watch when yen carry trade ends.