• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Housewife stuck with debts from credit cards she does not own

Darth Vader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Tuesday March 26, 2013

Housewife stuck with debts from credit cards she does not own

chor-mca-chan-n10.jpg

Left in the lurch: Chan showing the police reports she lodged during the press conference as Chor looks on.

ALOR SETAR: A 34-year-old housewife’s venture into business has turned awry after she was asked to settle a RM9,000 debt from credit cards she does not own.

Chan Ai Khim alleged that she had been duped by a 36-year-old man, who claimed to be an agent that could help her secure a bank loan for a small business selling fashion accessories.

“I met him in 2010 through a friend. He claimed that he could help me obtain a bank loan of up to RM100,000, so I gave him photocopies of my identity card, income tax statement and business registration certificate.

“When I asked him about my loan application status months later, he assured me that it would be done. On March 5, I received a lawyer’s letter and bank statements stating that I owed them money,” she said at a press conference organised by Alor Setar MCA in Jalan Pegawai on Sunday.

The man’s outlet in Plaza Tunku Yaacob Complex had also closed down, said Chan.

“I could no longer get in touch with him. I lodged a police report on March 21,” she said.

MCA vice-president Datuk Seri Chor Chee Heung said he had received many complaints on such similar cases.

“Banks should impose tighter rules for credit card applications. I will ask her (Chan) to write an official letter to the relevant banks explaining the situation,” he said.