• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here: any one here have any information on the Desa phase 9 D and E management council information such who is the chairman and who are the committee member and how to communicate with them . They don't seem to issue news letter Nor giving us the minute of meeting .

You should have the list of the interim management committee comprising of residents when you took over your keys. Do check your documents again.

If not available just drop an email to the developer and they should be willing to share the latest list with you.

Usually the committee job is a thankless job so please moderate any negative feedback. Alternatively just feedback to the developer as we are still under the developer's management.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Austin Heights Water & Adventure Park is opening soon. Annual pass is pretty cheap :biggrin:

2powgaa.jpg

Splash Privilege Pass - Get your Unlimited Entry All Year Long to Austin Heights Water Park for less than RM0.50 a day^! Hurry up, grab the limited time promotion at KSL City till 22/11/2015 (For first 500 PCS only)

*Enjoy 0% 6 months interest free repayment exclusive for MAYBANK Credit Card holder

水上乐园特别证 - 以少过RM0.50一天,您将可以全年畅游水世界^!赶紧到我们KSL City的销售柜台以了解详情!(只限首500张)

* MAYBANK Credit Card 用户将享有六个月免利息分期付款配套

^Terms & Conditions apply, free entry on weekdays only. 附带条件,只限周一至四使用.

https://www.facebook.com/funtime.my/

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prices are rather confusing on the Facebook. Good to check with the road show sales team.

Privilege Pass
RM 238 (Adult)
RM 208 (Kids)
Discount off RM 40 with MyKad & MyKids' present.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Per entry fee is as below?
RM 118 (Water Park + Adventure Park + Drift Cart)
RM 98 ( Water Park + Adventure Park or Drift Cart)

Really not cheap... the worst is the Drift Cart can only play for 15 minutes. I think not worth it at all.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Per entry fee is as below?
RM 118 (Water Park + Adventure Park + Drift Cart)
RM 98 ( Water Park + Adventure Park or Drift Cart)

Really not cheap... the worst is the Drift Cart can only play for 15 minutes. I think not worth it at all.

This seems to be the non-privilege pass prices. I'm looking from the perspective 1:3 currency conversion and access to all 3 parts of the theme park :wink: For the locals privilege pass prices might be a bit steep. I'm quite confused with the actual prices from the Facebook :p Anyway I'm too busy to go...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would rather go legoland water park, rm97, bigger, nice, safer

The market segments are a bit different from the design. Legoland's Water Park is more touristy and caters for kids. The Austin Height's theme park is split into three sections and caters to teenagers to adults. The pass price seems a bit expensive for the locals though but they might adjust downwards depending on the demand.

The Austin Heights Water Theme Park could have an integrated hotel to make it a complete stay-cation for the locals or for groups in Singapore to go over for retreats and team-bonding, I'm not sure if this is already done as the site seems small and I have not been to the site to verify yet. Overall these are good theme parks to have that add to the attractiveness of Iskandar.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soil investigations taken last year February at Desa Tebrau site. So they took 1 year+ to finalise the concept and design, and obtain permits from authorities. We can really expect to see the store coming up by 2017 :biggrin:

vsjqjs.jpg

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard they are changing their mind. They are considering a land beside Jusco BDO.

U really think Ikano would forsake Aeon Tebrau (with the surrounding huge Tamans of Johor Jaya, Mount Austin, Gaya etc) for Aeon BDO (only BDO and Setia Tropika)?

Aeon Tebrau, City Square and KSL are easily the most popular malls in JB, and Ikea would surely be aware of that.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard they are changing their mind. They are considering a land beside Jusco BDO.

That will be an interesting development. Anything is a possibility if there is no official announcement.

IKEA bought the existing plot at RM40 psf (http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/content/‘petaling-jaya-johor’), which is very cheap in today's context. Poorer located plots around Tebrau are asking about RM$150+ psf (http://www.johorland.com/tebrau.html).

IKEA may do so if it can dispose the current plot at a profit and settle for a smaller site near BDO. Since land purchase approvals will take about 1 year, follow by 1 year+ of site survey and design, it will not fit in to the 2 year time frame that was quoted. So I think it is highly unlikely but still a possibility if there is strong political will to expedite the process.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That will be an interesting development. Anything is a possibility if there is no official announcement.

IKEA bought the existing plot at RM40 psf (http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/content/‘petaling-jaya-johor’), which is very cheap in today's context. Poorer located plots around Tebrau are asking about RM$150+ psf (http://www.johorland.com/tebrau.html).

IKEA may do so if it can dispose the current plot at a profit and settle for a smaller site near BDO. Since land purchase approvals will take about 1 year, follow by 1 year+ of site survey and design, it will not fit in to the 2 year time frame that was quoted. So I think it is highly unlikely but still a possibility if there is strong political will to expedite the process.

Your view is a logical one.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
U really think Ikano would forsake Aeon Tebrau (with the surrounding huge Tamans of Johor Jaya, Mount Austin, Gaya etc) for Aeon BDO (only BDO and Setia Tropika)?

Aeon Tebrau, City Square and KSL are easily the most popular malls in JB, and Ikea would surely be aware of that.

You are very wrong.... Aeon BDO have setia tropika, kempas indah, kempas utama, setia indah, seri austin, austin duta, eco spring and summer etc.

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's agree not to touch facade of phase 9e...

Type A and C Phase 9E has few units changed the facade extensively, some units appear to be sandwiched between extended walls. The views and wind flow for the neighbouring units get blocked. My friend has decided to sell his unit after his bedroom's view was blocked by his neighbour's extended bedroom wall, The wall also reflect the sunlight right into the bedroom in the morning. He spoked to the developer, the developer tell him to do the same extension.. Type D too , has massive reworks on the front . I am concern on the overall look and tidyness of this estate.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's always the problem with Malaysia properties.
The control is just not there.
Everyone wants to extend and change the facade in their own taste.
Nothing wrong but most of the time their taste just cannot make it making it an eye sore

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Type A and C Phase 9E has few units changed the facade extensively, some units appear to be sandwiched between extended walls. The views and wind flow for the neighbouring units get blocked. My friend has decided to sell his unit after his bedroom's view was blocked by his neighbour's extended bedroom wall, The wall also reflect the sunlight right into the bedroom in the morning. He spoked to the developer, the developer tell him to do the same extension.. Type D too , has massive reworks on the front . I am concern on the overall look and tidyness of this estate.

This is the same problem in nearly all developments I have come across. Welcome to JB.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who invested in individual titled properties should expected this to happen. I don't understand why people are crying over spilled milk. IF you wanted standardization and no amendment on the physical outlook of the house, go buy strata titled landed property. Just pay around RM150K more plus exorbitant monthly maintenance fee, you can get it. As for me, if both my neighbours build extension wall, i call myself very lucky because i can save so much money to build my own extension!

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The developer is right. Just ignore your friend. He just like complaining.