• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY info looks more like wish list.

>- S$200 monthy pass for foreigners (msian) with properties in singapore. Must have proof by title check from SLA.

if this was really to be implemented, LTA would've put it in the news. hoax!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
totally agree.... water park can be dirty. Some children like urinate in the park.

Ok to let kids have fun, esp when weather is getting hotter. Just hope it is sustainable in view of higher taxes on theme parks w.e.f. this year.

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
extract from real singapore fb:

photo (23).JPG

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ikea : went there on Sat ,plot of land still the same.

Oh well, it is a little strange not to have one there. Maybe e population is not able to support a furniture mart. I hope with e higher toll traffic is better n I can go n take a look.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've given up on Johor after how the govt is bungling the entire Iskandar causeway toll fiasco.
It's just too bad how they can screw something up after a great start. Just pisses me off

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've given up on Johor after how the govt is bungling the entire Iskandar causeway toll fiasco.
It's just too bad how they can screw something up after a great start. Just pisses me off

so you didn't buy any property in jb, huh?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

JB's fundamentals are still fine. JB's manufacturing investment is still increasing and infrastructure is expanding too. The recent noises were caused by surge in land and property prices, which led to locals' unhappiness and the elite's greediness. To some extent, moderating the traffic via higher toll/levy is the way to go if SG refuses to build another bridge. It is better than getting stuck in 2 hr jam for me who travel occasionally, but it will be bad for others who travel daily.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Businesses not staying on at Bottle Tree Park
Most will vacate by Aug 17 as they could not come to a deal on rent with the new operator
PUBLISHED: 4:03 AM, JULY 29, 2014UPDATED: 6:32 AM, JULY 29, 2014

SINGAPORE — Bottle Tree Park in Yishun is set to close next month and most businesses there say they will also be closing as they were unable to come to an agreement on rent with the new operator.

The businesses will have to vacate by Aug 17. It is understood that only the fishing pond business will stay on.

The new operator — Chinese company Fullshare Group — had put in a bid of S$169,000 a month for the 7ha piece of land. It was more than double the S$68,000 the current operator had bid for the site.

It is understood there are plans to redevelop the rustic enclave — which has developed a loyal following since it opened 10 years ago — into a recreation centre, which is estimated to be ready from the end of this year.

Mr Kang Weng Sang, who manages the prawn pond at the park, said of the rents offered by the new operator: “S$30,000 — it’s not a fixed rate. You have to pay an extra 10 per cent. For example, if 50 people make a booking for prawning for an hour, (we would) have to pay the operator an extra 10 per cent. This model isn’t very reasonable.”

Currently, his boss is paying a percentage of their monthly gross turnover to Bottle Tree Park, averaging around S$10,000 to S$12,000 a month.

Lamented Mr Neo Kee Huat, owner of Bottle Tree Seafood Restaurant, in Mandarin: “After painstakingly building up the place with its kampung feel, it’s all over. Those who are older say this is their second village because you can’t find places like this in Singapore any more.”

Members of the public hope the place will retain its rustic feel.

Said Bottle Tree Park patron Timothy Ng: “I just like the atmosphere. It’s very different. Maybe the people are more friendly as well and they help you.”

Added another patron, Mr Albert Seah: “If the change is for the better, it’ll be good. But of course, cost is also a concern. If it maintains a reasonable fee, we’ll come more often.”

Located just opposite Yishun Stadium, Bottle Tree Park was an empty plot of land with old, unused ponds before its current operator transformed it into a much-loved park containing, among other things, bottle trees with interesting shapes, ponds for fishing, a seafood restaurant and paintball facilities.

It had been due to close in 2012, but the authorities extended its lease upon request. KHOO FANG XUAN

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/businesses-not-staying-bottle-tree-park

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
As more operators start to charge high fees (see news above), I think there is still scope for JB to bloom. However we might see a slowdown for the first year after implementation, after which things should be back to normal (jam) due to inflation in Singapore.

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with you. when i saw the LED road lights in jb. i am impressed that they work very hard to catch up with latest technology and i felt that spore starts to lag behind. it's a huge mistake for their gov to increase toll . They mustn't compare themselves with spore. sign!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with you. when i saw the LED road lights in jb. i am impressed that they work very hard to catch up with latest technology and i felt that spore starts to lag behind. it's a huge mistake for their gov to increase toll . They mustn't compare themselves with spore. sign!

it'll be stolen. just like some of the metal road signages.