• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glamour aside, west will have many empty houses (and low demand) in the next 5-10 years. Many malls at the west side are struggling to survive, and the new integrated malls that depend on weekend crowds will have very tough competition.

North-east is generally well-populated with higher local demand. The land was bought many years ago at dirt-cheap prices. It is a business decision and that is how a place develop vibrancy with add-on here and there.

From my study of the manufacturing investments in Johor i.e. real growth versus hype, the location in the middle class district is correct.

Put @ north-east location should be sustainable where population is growing there, and ikea will require a factory nearby.
btw, long long time ago..Aeon Tebaru is a hot mall(setia is the household name in Tebaru back then) where nobody no where/what is nasajaya. Believed Ikea bot it bcoz of this reason. But, after many yrs liao..人事已非..:p

But, somehow the downside is the terrain and road.
Moreover, there's a pang sai treatment plant besides it!. :p

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally feel it is a very poor choice of location for IKEA.
Should have looked into the Nusajaya area, so much better located in terms of traffic connectivity and generally higher purchasing power.
Desa Tebrau area is so... er, boring and ..unglam. :smile:

Haha perhaps you should compare the crowds at Sutera/Aeon Bukit Indah (weekdays and weekends) with the crowd at Aeon Tebrau. I think Ikea had made a v wise decision, especially considering the land purchase price.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put @ north-east location should be sustainable where population is growing there, and ikea will require a factory nearby.
btw, long long time ago..Aeon Tebaru is a hot mall(setia is the household name in Tebaru back then) where nobody no where/what is nasajaya. Believed Ikea bot it bcoz of this reason. But, after many yrs liao..人事已非..:p

But, somehow the downside is the terrain and road.
Moreover, there's a pang sai treatment plant besides it!. :p

Indeed there is a sewage treatment plant next to the IKEA plot, viewing from Google Earth. The two primary clarifiers look quite under-sized taking into account the increase in population in the area. The roads in the area are still a bit bumpy and trees a bit too little. I hope things will continue to improve.

A detailed document of the Desa Tebrau sewage treatment plant can be found here: http://documents.mx/documents/sewage-treatment-process.html
Map of the sewage treatment plant: https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.5467019,103.8006032,855a,20y,41.45t/data=!3m1!1e3

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eco World to bank on Iskandar’s attraction
Posted on April 25, 2016 | 884 views | Topic : Featured, Investment, Property News.
BY ZAZALI MUSA

JOHOR BARU: Eco World Development Group Bhd is banking on the progress and development taking place in Iskandar Malaysia to attract buyers for its commercial and industrial development projects in south Johor.

Eco World’s Eco South divisional general manager Hoe Mee Ling opined Iskandar Malaysia’s close proximity with Singapore was an added advantage for the company to attract prospective buyers.

“It is a well-known fact that both Johor and Singapore are economically interdependent and complementing each other in economic activities,’’ she said in an interview with StarBiz.

Hoe said that over the years, many Singapore-based companies especially the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and multinational companies (MNCs) based in the republic had set up operations in south Johor.

She said that most of them still maintained their headquarters or offices in the republic but relocated parts of the operations, especially their manufacturing activities, to Iskandar Malaysia.

“They want to have the best of both worlds, doing business in Iskandar Malaysia with a much lower cost compared with the republic and living in Singapore,’’ said Hoe.

She said it was only logical for the Singapore-based SMEs and the MNCs there to choose Iskandar Malaysia due to Johor Baru’s close proximity with Singapore.

Hoe said that apart from the Singapore companies, the progress and development in Iskandar Malaysia had also attracted both domestic and foreign investors including manufacturers to set up their operations at the economic growth corridor.

She said that the influx of domestic and foreign investors including retailers into South Johor Iskandar was good for developers as they could create demand for commercial and industrial properties.

“On that note we foresee encouraging demand for our ongoing and soon-to-be-launched industrial projects within Iskandar Malaysia,’’ added Hoe.

The projects are Eco Business Park I @ Tebrau Growth Corridor, Eco Business Park II @ Senai to be launched in the third-quarter of 2016 and Eco Business Park III @ Pasir Gudang.

Eco Business Park I, with a gross development value (GDV) of RM3.79bil, is sited on a 247.68ha of which 72.82ha or 30% has been developed. Eco Business Park II, with GDV of RM3bil, sits on a 154.99ha site while Eco Business Park III, with GDV of RM2bil, covers 100.36ha, of which 21.04ha or 21% has already been developed.

http://www.starproperty.my/index.php/articles/investment/eco-world-to-bank-on-iskandars-attraction/

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eco World to bank on Iskandar’s attraction
Posted on April 25, 2016 | 884 views | Topic : Featured, Investment, Property News.
BY ZAZALI MUSA

JOHOR BARU: Eco World Development Group Bhd is banking on the progress and development taking place in Iskandar Malaysia to attract buyers for its commercial and industrial development projects in south Johor.

Eco World’s Eco South divisional general manager Hoe Mee Ling opined Iskandar Malaysia’s close proximity with Singapore was an added advantage for the company to attract prospective buyers.

“It is a well-known fact that both Johor and Singapore are economically interdependent and complementing each other in economic activities,’’ she said in an interview with StarBiz.

Hoe said that over the years, many Singapore-based companies especially the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and multinational companies (MNCs) based in the republic had set up operations in south Johor.

She said that most of them still maintained their headquarters or offices in the republic but relocated parts of the operations, especially their manufacturing activities, to Iskandar Malaysia.

“They want to have the best of both worlds, doing business in Iskandar Malaysia with a much lower cost compared with the republic and living in Singapore,’’ said Hoe.

She said it was only logical for the Singapore-based SMEs and the MNCs there to choose Iskandar Malaysia due to Johor Baru’s close proximity with Singapore.

Hoe said that apart from the Singapore companies, the progress and development in Iskandar Malaysia had also attracted both domestic and foreign investors including manufacturers to set up their operations at the economic growth corridor.

She said that the influx of domestic and foreign investors including retailers into South Johor Iskandar was good for developers as they could create demand for commercial and industrial properties.

“On that note we foresee encouraging demand for our ongoing and soon-to-be-launched industrial projects within Iskandar Malaysia,’’ added Hoe.

The projects are Eco Business Park I @ Tebrau Growth Corridor, Eco Business Park II @ Senai to be launched in the third-quarter of 2016 and Eco Business Park III @ Pasir Gudang.

Eco Business Park I, with a gross development value (GDV) of RM3.79bil, is sited on a 247.68ha of which 72.82ha or 30% has been developed. Eco Business Park II, with GDV of RM3bil, sits on a 154.99ha site while Eco Business Park III, with GDV of RM2bil, covers 100.36ha, of which 21.04ha or 21% has already been developed.

http://www.starproperty.my/index.php/articles/investment/eco-world-to-bank-on-iskandars-attraction/

EBP very pretty :p (besides seri austin). Prettier than Setia Business Park nearby.

Both are very well organised. Those old factories compare to them..oh..yack..

V bitchy these days..:p

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new factories can draw manpower from the nearby densely populated residential areas. The other growth area is Pasir Gudang. Ample supply of factory spaces will keep rental in check.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new factories can draw manpower from the nearby densely populated residential areas. The other growth area is Pasir Gudang. Ample supply of factory spaces will keep rental in check.

This type of new cluster factory can be use for other purposes, not only use manufacturing. :o

Tat y nusajaya' opss..is puteri factories take longer time to take off..
Aiya..cant keep my mouth shut again..:p

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
EBP very pretty :p (besides seri austin). Prettier than Setia Business Park nearby.

Both are very well organised. Those old factories compare to them..oh..yack..

V bitchy these days..:p

Eco World is the best developer in Johor now in terms of concept, design and marketing. I have yet to see and touch the final products though to assess actual quality though.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still didn't see any construction at the site last week. I will be quite amazed if the building can be done by end 2017.

Okay, back to your IKEA, today, while going to DT pasar malam, at your sensitive spot, i saw 3....:rolleyes:

Ok, now return to my pasar malam, i bought 3 big packets of mango..eat until shiok shiok..:p

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay, back to your IKEA, today, while going to DT pasar malam, at your sensitive spot, i saw 3....:rolleyes:

Ok, now return to my pasar malam, i bought 3 big packets of mango..eat until shiok shiok..:p

You mean piling?

I will be going up soon to pay property tax and do some minor renovation.

If you have painter contacts please PM me. I want to get 3 quotes for my metal roof and gate.

Thanks.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean piling?

I will be going up soon to pay property tax and do some minor renovation.

If you have painter contacts please PM me. I want to get 3 quotes for my metal roof and gate.

Thanks.

Last week, at the location i saw 3 lights in the dark..:eek::p

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
IKEA's foundation work has indeed started at Desa Tebrau. Below is the photo taken today.

i6i23q.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
New IKEA store coming to Johor Bahru

Set to open by the end of 2017, it will be located in Tebrau, Johor Bahru, and will be the first store in the southern region of Malaysia.

Posted 15 Jun 2016 14:23

JOHOR BAHRU: A new IKEA store will be opening in Malaysia, it was announced Wednesday (Jun 15).

Set to open by the end of 2017, it will be located in Tebrau, Johor Bahru, and will be the first store in the southern region of Malaysia.

It joins two other IKEAs in the country; IKEA Cheras in Kuala Lumpur and IKEA Damansara in Petaling Jaya.

IKEA is the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with more than 385 stores worldwide. Known for warehouse-like stores and flat-pack self-assembly furniture, it has shown strong growth in recent years, with sales at IKEA Group (which owns IKEA’s online stores and shopping centres) at €32.7 billion (US$36.6 billion) in the last fiscal year.

It is owned and operated by Ikano Private Limited in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

- CNA/nc

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/new-ikea-store-coming-to/2874140.html?cid=fbcna

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great news. The Tebrau region is developing nicely, with Aeon BDO & Ikea Tebrau to come, and an entire array of new exciting shops at Mt Austin. I will give the Austin water theme park a miss though. Far too ex for its catchment area.

New IKEA store coming to Johor Bahru

Posted 15 Jun 2016 14:23

JOHOR BAHRU: A new IKEA store will be opening in Malaysia, it was announced Wednesday (Jun 15).

It joins two other IKEAs in the country; IKEA Cheras in Kuala Lumpur and IKEA Damansara in Petaling Jaya.

IKEA is the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with more than 385 stores worldwide. Known for warehouse-like stores and flat-pack self-assembly furniture, it has shown strong growth in recent years, with sales at IKEA Group (which owns IKEA’s online stores and shopping centres) at €32.7 billion (US$36.6 billion) in the last fiscal year.

It is owned and operated by Ikano Private Limited in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

- CNA/nc

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/new-ikea-store-coming-to/2874140.html?cid=fbcna

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great news. The Tebrau region is developing nicely, with Aeon BDO & Ikea Tebrau to come, and an entire array of new exciting shops at Mt Austin. I will give the Austin water theme park a miss though. Far too ex for its catchment area.

Another theme park within Aeon Tebrau new extension is coming up.

Aeon associate to open theme park in Johor mall

BY DANIEL KHOO

Monday, 6 June 2016

KUALA LUMPUR: Aeon Fantasy (M) Sdn Bhd, in which Aeon Co (M) Bhd has a 20% stake, will open a theme park in Aeon Mall Tebrau City’s new wing in Johor.

Known as Fanpekka, the theme park would be based on a Finnish conceptual theme park and has been scheduled to open on Oct 27, 2016.

It will be the first of its kind in South-East Asia located on the second floor of Aeon Tebrau City with a size of about 27,500 sq ft.

Aeon Fantasy’s executive director Wataru Koiwa told StarBiz that the theme park’s concept was based on the Finnish method where a child learns from play.

“It will help cultivate the younger generation to have higher innovation skills and ability through the Finnish education method which is implemented in the theme park,” Koiwa said.

“The Finnish people are very successful in their early childhood education because they respect the kids as individuals. Every person there is unique,” he added.

He said depending on the success of Fanpekka, Aeon plans to open up more such theme parks throughout the country.

This theme park will require an initial capital expenditure of RM10mil.

“We hope that in the first year we will be able to get revenues of at least RM10mil from this theme park,” he said.

Fanpekka would be designed for families with children aged 2 to 12 years old and it will be the first of its kind in South East Asia that will offer adventure, education and fun for the young.

Tickets would be priced competitively at RM58 for one child and one adult with unlimited play time for a day.

“We target about 6,000 families per month to come to the theme park. We think we are differentiated from the other theme parks that are present in Johor with this concept and also that this is an indoor park,” he said.

“The kids will spend about two to three hours and it is very convenient for families as it is located in the mall,” he added.

www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...n-associate-to-open-theme-park-in-johor-mall/

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking forward to spending some holiday time in my Austin Heights semiD after my tenant contract is up next year to enjoy the water theme park and this new educational playground in Tebrau...hopefully, IKEA up too?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking forward to spending some holiday time in my Austin Heights semiD after my tenant contract is up next year to enjoy the water theme park and this new educational playground in Tebrau...hopefully, IKEA up too?

After tenancy ends you will need to do some minor repairs and clean up. It might be better to get a new tenant and treat yourself to the good things in the area using the rental. There are always hotels to take care of accommodation.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
A new phase at the northen edge of Desa Tebrau plot will be launched soon. It will comprise of terraces with prices starting from $7xxk RM.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
After tenancy ends you will need to do some minor repairs and clean up. It might be better to get a new tenant and treat yourself to the good things in the area using the rental. There are always hotels to take care of accommodation.

Hotels r not so big and anyway, need to clean up and touch up as u say so might as well stay there...

Did u rent out your 2 houses? Renovation all done?