• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
BINGO!!
Then what is the cops waiting for you dumbo!
The robbers are still at large and still robbing BECAUSE the cops were too lazy or corrupted to do anything!!!!!

Let me try to paint the picture based on the analogy used. Mr R claims to have identified the robber, and spare no effort to shame the alleged robber. A judge, Mr "S" holding the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" retorted that the police for whatever reason has not apprehended and brought the alleged robber to court; it is therefore unfair to pin the crime on the ALLEGED robber. Mr R however, insisted that since he said he has identified the robber, it is up to whom he has identified to prove his innocence.

Base on the 2 differing principles held, "Innocent until proven guilty" and "Guilty until proven innocent" which are built on the direct opposite end, I see no hope in reaching any common understanding. I hope this settles the argument although I opine that the "agree to disagree" in this case is flawed. This is because one can argue and disagree on many things, but should always apply principles consistently. Therefore, the question that remains: should we apply the principle "guilty until proven innocent" selectively as I do not see sound minded people favouring this over "innocent until proven guilty"?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
一场豪雨后,新山发生严重水灾,交通出现大阻塞,甚至影响关卡及新柔长堤的情况,导致万人遭波及!

根据报道,倾盆大雨从昨午4时许开始,一直到5时许,短短逾1小时大雨,已造成新山东北不少地区淹水,包括班兰、茂奥士汀花园、实达英达花园、柔佛再也花园及地不佬2工业区等。

据悉,地不佬大道靠近杨协成厂从新山往柔佛再也路段,一度因水淹超过2尺而无法通行,导致交通陷入瘫痪。另外,班兰路段也因淹水无法通车,导致东疏大道从大丰花园路段出口处开始,往南北大道士姑来方向也出现严重的交通堵塞。

On that day, not only Setia Indah specific areas are affected, mount Austin, bdo, JJ, tebrau industrial areas and Pandan are also flooded for some area. It is just that Setia Indah that specific zones are more serious that attract more attention. But it is obvious that the whole tebrau area were heavily affected for traffic jam and congestion. It showed that it is not an isolated problem that only Setia Indah residents are the affected one, but it is whole tebrau, Pandan area problem. It is chain effect after all. But I am sure, the confidence or potential worries arrise when they consider tebrau or Pandan area properties now.

EDL, NS highway, towards Setia tropika direction and Jalan Tebrau are all affected.

Correction... BDO have no flood that time. Pls don't add up stories. Anyway, definitely not only Setia Indah was flooded that time but it is the most serious one. With the property value of Taman Setia Indah goes downhill, it also affected the property value of Setia Eco Cascadia. No one will want to invest in a taman near a flood zone. My advises is, prepare for exit strategy if you have any property there. Don't Wait anymore.....

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me try to paint the picture based on the analogy used. Mr R claims to have identified the robber, and spare no effort to shame the alleged robber. A judge, Mr "S" holding the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" retorted that the police for whatever reason has not apprehended and brought the alleged robber to court; it is therefore unfair to pin the crime on the ALLEGED robber. Mr R however, insisted that since he said he has identified the robber, it is up to whom he has identified to prove his innocence.

Base on the 2 differing principles held, "Innocent until proven guilty" and "Guilty until proven innocent" which are built on the direct opposite end, I see no hope in reaching any common understanding. I hope this settles the argument although I opine that the "agree to disagree" in this case is flawed. This is because one can argue and disagree on many things, but should always apply principles consistently. Therefore, the question that remains: should we apply the principle "guilty until proven innocent" selectively as I do not see sound minded people favouring this over "innocent until proven guilty"?

Remember the suffering of the victims.... we all know who is the robber. He can be not caught and remain "innocent" but in the public perception, he is guilty. Who would dare to buy SP Setia house anymore? I do not see sound minded people favouring this type of property. That is what i said about public losing confidence in the company.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember the suffering of the victims.... we all know who is the robber. He can be not caught and remain "innocent" but in the public perception, he is guilty. Who would dare to buy SP Setia house anymore? I do not see sound minded people favouring this type of property. That is what i said about public losing confidence in the company.

It sounds very scary. One can be "convicted" base on mere perception. Kind of reminds me of the Taiwan 228 that despite many passing years left a scar that has not been totally healed. Closer to home, we had the Emergency period that resulted in the birth of ISA. Not sure if many people, sound minded or otherwise except Mr R would welcome such an environment.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It sounds very scary. One can be "convicted" base on mere perception. Kind of reminds me of the Taiwan 228 that despite many passing years left a scar that has not been totally healed. Closer to home, we had the Emergency period that resulted in the birth of ISA. Not sure if many people, sound minded or otherwise except Mr R would welcome such an environment.

If you study marketing management, public perception can definitely affect the branding of a company.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
一场豪雨后,新山发生严重水灾,交通出现大阻塞,甚至影响关卡及新柔长堤的情况,导致万人遭波及!

根据报道,倾盆大雨从昨午4时许开始,一直到5时许,短短逾1小时大雨,已造成新山东北不少地区淹水,包括班兰、茂奥士汀花园、实达英达花园、柔佛再也花园及地不佬2工业区等。

据悉,地不佬大道靠近杨协成厂从新山往柔佛再也路段,一度因水淹超过2尺而无法通行,导致交通陷入瘫痪。另外,班兰路段也因淹水无法通车,导致东疏大道从大丰花园路段出口处开始,往南北大道士姑来方向也出现严重的交通堵塞。

On that day, not only Setia Indah specific areas are affected, mount Austin, bdo, JJ, tebrau industrial areas and Pandan are also flooded for some area. It is just that Setia Indah that specific zones are more serious that attract more attention. But it is obvious that the whole tebrau area were heavily affected for traffic jam and congestion. It showed that it is not an isolated problem that only Setia Indah residents are the affected one, but it is whole tebrau, Pandan area problem. It is chain effect after all. But I am sure, the confidence or potential worries arrise when they consider tebrau or Pandan area properties now.

EDL, NS highway, towards Setia tropika direction and Jalan Tebrau are all affected.

We are now experiencing mild El Nino, and the flood is considered localised. In 1-2 years time we should be experiencing La Nina, and if strong, flooding will be more pervasive, in JB and in SG.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you study marketing management, public perception can definitely affect the branding of a company.

There are ethical and unethical marketing called scams. Surely we are not short of reported scams lately, if only one cares to scan the daily news.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The weather is shite for sure.
Latest pricing
Bdo anica or whatever 20*70 by 192* sf 570k
Glenmarie Ie fxxx up sales people house 599k
Sec special discount 7** k

Looking forward to house VP soon Ie by next year.

Aeon bdo no news

To those who wish to stay in true upmarket neighborhood PS jjoin us at sp setia sec or Eco world at north tebrau.

Chill. Your language is quite strong.

BDO's pricing is quite expensive now. Glenmarie is not exactly cheap either. Highly subsidised PR1MA housing is not going anywhere. So the locals can only go for cheaper 2nd hand stock or buy these new ones being offered now.

At that area, AEON is focusing on Desa Tebrau at the moment with some heavy works at the old carpark. Probably the management wants a critical mass to build up before starting the BDO site. Malls are quite risky now with online shopping and competitions sprouting out everywhere in JB e.g. South Key and Danga Bay mall-integrated projects and many new shoplots in Mount Austin, Seri Austin etc.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The expansion of roads do help to smoothen the jam around Pandan area however, it actually lengthen the jam queue at the tamans area such as mount Austin, JJ, Taman Gaya, cermerlang as well as the traffic within tamans itself. Since now traffic flow in faster than before to those tamans roads that are already congested.

But it's better to jam at Mount Austin, Taman Gaya, Johor Jaya right (all with their respective exits), rather than a mega jam at a single chokepoint Pandan Bridge. Traffic conditions have really improved a lot at Tebrau Highway, with the expansion of Pandan Bridge and the flyover at Tampoi.

Once RM20 is implemented, traffic will be even smoother.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chill. Your language is quite strong.

BDO's pricing is quite expensive now. Glenmarie is not exactly cheap either. Highly subsidised PR1MA housing is not going anywhere. So the locals can only go for cheaper 2nd hand stock or buy these new ones being offered now.

At that area, AEON is focusing on Desa Tebrau at the moment with some heavy works at the old carpark. Probably the management wants a critical mass to build up before starting the BDO site. Malls are quite risky now with online shopping and competitions sprouting out everywhere in JB e.g. South Key and Danga Bay mall-integrated projects and many new shoplots in Mount Austin, Seri Austin etc.

Our friend malpaso beginning to show his true colour....obviously a hypocrite. Fortunately, he was deserted by his gang lately and now have to do the dirty work himself....... a very similar trait as the previous troll, vohkster aka huatgugu..... He just want to disrupt our peaceful discussion in the threads.

Btw, in the tebrau area, Desa Tebrau and BDO are the best sites now as they are nearest to main highways. The others especially SEC, Seri Austin, JP perdana, LA Garden & EW projects are actually located quite deep inwards. The residents at these areas are expected to stuck in heavy jam during peak hours. I heard from a reliable source that AEON BDO will start work this year. The size will be smaller than Tebaru Jusco. Quite similar to the one at Bukit Indah.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, in the tebrau area, Desa Tebrau and BDO are the best sites now as they are nearest to main highways. The others especially SEC, Seri Austin, JP perdana, LA Garden & EW projects are actually located quite deep inwards. The residents at these areas are expected to stuck in heavy jam during peak hours. I heard from a reliable source that AEON BDO will start work this year. The size will be smaller than Tebaru Jusco. Quite similar to the one at Bukit Indah.

Going by the thinking that 'every man believes that he has the prettiest wife', I actually think that my terrace houses in Taman Molek and Taman Redang are better than Relaxman's BDO, in terms of amenities and traffic........ hahaha no offence to the rest (esp Bro Potter), just some light hearted banter on a boring Sat......

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going by the thinking that 'every man believes that he has the prettiest wife', I actually think that my terrace houses in Taman Molek and Taman Redang are better than Relaxman's BDO, in terms of amenities and traffic........ hahaha no offence to the rest (esp Bro Potter), just some light hearted banter on a boring Sat......

I cannot deny Taman Molek and Taman Redang location is superb too. The only problem with Taman Molek is this place was a 'gold haven' for snatch thieves in the past. Hope the situation there have improved.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your wives are pretty. It sounds quite wrong :p

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

em...think I got a ah pui wife..:p

Btw, tabao many boxes of magnum icecream, give RM10 kfc and 35% off legoland vouchers with RM50 of purchase. :o

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Austin Heights Water Theme Park. It looks like 70% complete as of Jun 2015. There are: water park, adventure park, amphitheater and possibly shops/small mall.

29kxms7.jpg

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget to mention that the theme park is only 5 Min drive from my house. Not too close, not too far, Goldilocks distance :biggrin: