• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can try and start a munitions dump on their "100% owned" individual titled landed house. Or don't pay the bank loan for a few months. Or start a brothel business. Then we see how much control one has over their 100% owned landed. The fact is, even if freehold title, the govt or the bank can take back your land and kick you out anytime. One may wish to google "restrictions on use of residential properties". For example, turning your landed house into a short stay hotel is prohibited. Turning your house into a restaurant is prohibited. And so on.

Therefore I repeat: a strata title is 100% individual owned lots, with common ownership of common land, no different powers of usage as conferred by the national land code (act 318, clause 34.1a). I guess someone just simply bang on strata titled properties because he is selling other individual titled properties. A despicable person.

As for 1000RM maintenance, that is just an absurb number plucked out of the sky to make oneself shiok sendiri.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inflation is typically around 3-4% for Johor, or an increment of about $20 RM per year for the next few years using $600 RM as baseline. How do you know Eco Spring is starting at this astronomical figure and how about Eco Summer?

ecosummer is <200rm estimated, the reason being EW have not planned for a swimming pool and pool house. My estimates are about 100rm for security, similar to most landed with gate development, and additional 50-60 RM p/m for landscaping. for those individiual titled scheme, maintenance of landscape will eventually fall to local town council purview, unless residents under their RA band together to request said services to be provided by a private company.

vcbt111

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, I had just finished electricity setup last week.
Site Update:
Zero progress on Phase 9E side.
Service apartment also seems to be halted.
Resident committee was set up.
Lots of renovation going on.
Got to know my neighbour's contractor. Quite a nice guy to talk to.

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

photo.JPG
Back gate to park. Wonder if it remains open once people starting to move in?
IMG_5012.jpg
Advertisement on my door

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I don't see any mention of Precinct 12 property here, has anyone have any information pertaining to the development ? I understand from the sales the Phase 12A, A type with built-up area of 3,878 sq.ft. cost about RM1.59mil (~SGD636K) If for own stay is it worth ? Anyone has taken any pictures of the area care to share in this forum ?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I don't see any mention of Precinct 12 property here, has anyone have any information pertaining to the development ? I understand from the sales the Phase 12A, A type with built-up area of 3,878 sq.ft. cost about RM1.59mil (~SGD636K) If for own stay is it worth ? Anyone has taken any pictures of the area care to share in this forum ?

Would suggest you to go Desa Tebrau Precinct 12 to have a look yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQyuE2wAPy8

http://www.plenitude.com.my/desatebrau/properties.html

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

get more info, esp the house plan, site plan etc.
1.59M means that (to me at least) landed house pricing is still on a steady up trajectory there in north JB (ie tebrau side).
Things to look out for is to calculate as best you can the BU area. is it really 3878 sft. (Some developers smudge this number significantly, taking into account even the uncovered porch areas). What is the land size? and so on.
I believe P12 is on high ground, if i recall correctly. the area is a middle class to upper middle class local dominated area, with sizeable chinese population.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would suggest you to go Desa Tebrau Precinct 12 to have a look yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQyuE2wAPy8

http://www.plenitude.com.my/desatebrau/properties.html

Thanks for the link, I have come across both and 'studied' them. Strangely, the second link, which is Plenitude home page itself use to have Phase 12A published, but now it disappeared. Not sure if they are fully sold or what, but I remember there are still Bumi lots that hasn't been released for sale.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
get more info, esp the house plan, site plan etc.
1.59M means that (to me at least) landed house pricing is still on a steady up trajectory there in north JB (ie tebrau side).
Things to look out for is to calculate as best you can the BU area. is it really 3878 sft. (Some developers smudge this number significantly, taking into account even the uncovered porch areas). What is the land size? and so on.
I believe P12 is on high ground, if i recall correctly. the area is a middle class to upper middle class local dominated area, with sizeable chinese population.

Hi hi, Thanks for the tips. It is hard to tell if the actual size is exactly what it claims, and I've ever checked with the sales team before, that they are not able to release the detailed drawings/plans. Not sure how we can verify that, is it under the obligation that they are supposed to reveal all the measurements before buyer exercise the OTP ? Am sceptical that they may have void area which also taken into account of the whole 3,878+ sq ft.

Having said that, it means about SGD 164 psf to get a 2.5/3 storey Semi-D, that is extremely attractive if one compares it with the property in Singapore...3 times bigger than 5-room HDB flat. But one thing for sure, the bank loan interest is very high so must be prepared to folk out more to foot the loan .. unless one has enough cash to throw in upfront with the purchase...

All thoughts and suggestions are welcomed, if any.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi hi, Thanks for the tips. It is hard to tell if the actual size is exactly what it claims, and I've ever checked with the sales team before, that they are not able to release the detailed drawings/plans. Not sure how we can verify that, is it under the obligation that they are supposed to reveal all the measurements before buyer exercise the OTP ? Am sceptical that they may have void area which also taken into account of the whole 3,878+ sq ft.

Having said that, it means about SGD 164 psf to get a 2.5/3 storey Semi-D, that is extremely attractive if one compares it with the property in Singapore...3 times bigger than 5-room HDB flat. But one thing for sure, the bank loan interest is very high so must be prepared to folk out more to foot the loan .. unless one has enough cash to throw in upfront with the purchase...

If I were you, I would just make a trip down to check out the actual show-house. Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned with whether the plan shows 3800 sq ft, and I measure it to be 3,600 or 3,500 sq ft for instance. The show-house will give me a gd feel whether I am comfortable with the actual space. They have a bare unit too, besides the ID furnished 1 to provide a better perspective. Overall, I think it is quite a fair price for the project, esp for Singaporeans.

If you want to maximise your time there, then perhaps you might want to check out the other show-houses around the area > RM 1m. Not sure if there are any in Adda Heights, but I know Ponderosa Vista and New World Garden have semi-d show-houses in Plentong too, so that you can make your own comparisons on 'value'.

Sutera Utama also have show-houses > RM 1m that you might want to check out.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were you, I would just make a trip down to check out the actual show-house. Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned with whether the plan shows 3800 sq ft, and I measure it to be 3,600 or 3,500 sq ft for instance. The show-house will give me a gd feel whether I am comfortable with the actual space. They have a bare unit too, besides the ID furnished 1 to provide a better perspective. Overall, I think it is quite a fair price for the project, esp for Singaporeans.

If you want to maximise your time there, then perhaps you might want to check out the other show-houses around the area > RM 1m. Not sure if there are any in Adda Heights, but I know Ponderosa Vista and New World Garden have semi-d show-houses in Plentong too, so that you can make your own comparisons on 'value'.

Good ! I will definitely pay another visit there to see-look around and update the development status .... anyway again, the you tube video looks very attractive. I heard the furnishing etc for the show house costs them about RM300k +... I especially like the staircase and the railing quality as compare with Setia Cascadia ... is so much different.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very much worth to buy landed in JB. You can only get a 1-bedder apartment in SG at this price.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

you're welcome :smile:
normally, plenitude is quite unbiased in their BU calculation. It means ground foor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor + a bit of the porch and balcony areas. you can check with fhbh12 since he got a place nearby.

off the plan property buying is not so tightly regulated to force developers to reveal detailed plans before taking bookings. it's willing buyer willing seller. sometimes if a property development is very popular, by the time you wait to see the plans, the house may be gone. also, try to compare with houses around the same locality in terms of pricing. can't compare to singapore. that distorts one's views. hope this helps, good luck!

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bukit indah, taman sutera (the one near perling), in fact a budget of 1.59M is quite princely!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
you're welcome :smile:
normally, plenitude is quite unbiased in their BU calculation. It means ground floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor + a bit of the porch and balcony areas. you can check with fhbh12 since he got a place nearby.

off the plan property buying is not so tightly regulated to force developers to reveal detailed plans before taking bookings. it's willing buyer willing seller. sometimes if a property development is very popular, by the time you wait to see the plans, the house may be gone. also, try to compare with houses around the same locality in terms of pricing. can't compare to singapore. that distorts one's views. hope this helps, good luck!

You will know if it is 3,000 or 3,800 sqft after u start cleaning up e house by yourself. Suddenly e smaller e better. Ideally I would love to have a 1,000 sqft single storey house with a 500 sqft garden but I don't qualify.

Teckwhyefolk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Suggest drop by to take a close look at its quality of build (dont just see the show unit, which has been constantly upkeep and touchup). They use zine sheel as roof material which is very unusual for such expensive house. Problem of metal roofing is noise and thermal transfer. Personaly I find the quality is not as good as it should be for the price. Near by Austin hill 's developer has better quality and building project management as well as better estate management. I am seriously consider to place a booking there.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suggest drop by to take a close look at its quality of build (dont just see the show unit, which has been constantly upkeep and touchup). They use zine sheel as roof material which is very unusual for such expensive house. Problem of metal roofing is noise and thermal transfer. Personaly I find the quality is not as good as it should be for the price. Near by Austin hill 's developer has better quality and building project management as well as better estate management. I am seriously consider to place a booking there.

Zinc sheet roof is ok. My other house is full zinc sheet. Noise n thermal insulation are good, due to insulation below e zinc. There is a big air gap above false ceiling to reduce thermal transfer. I went to my unit several times during e day. No heat issue. Need to coat w anti rust chromate paint once though.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will know if it is 3,000 or 3,800 sqft after u start cleaning up e house by yourself. Suddenly e smaller e better. Ideally I would love to have a 1,000 sqft single storey house with a 500 sqft garden but I don't qualify.

yes, my thinking exactly. why buy such a big house (even though the psf is of course more worth it). but do remember that if one buys a semidee (for eg) one gets richer neighbours. and the precinct will be lower density. living there will be slightly more prestigious.

in response to questions on how to determine the exact buildup, the answer is to go to the show house and bring a measuring tape. do it on paper yourself. it's not difficult. :smile: